Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinkognito

Post by pinkognito » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 6:52 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:purple.sara: The 3 month ban are imposed on those candidates that manage to get into management interview (last round of interview) and was unsuccessful.
Candidates that are rejected at 1-1 interview (3rd round of interview) or before are allowed to attempt again for the next interview without the ban :D
hey pink where did you hear this from? : )

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 6:59 pm

pinkognito: It is a ban that will be imposed on the candidates that was unsuccessful on their management interview. The ban will be told by the HR personnel whom release the interview results.

As for those who did not made it pass self intro, kebaya +skin check or 1-1, the ban is not valid thus allowing the candidates to try the next interview immediately after their last attempt.

I guess the reason why they impose the ban would be to give you time to reflect on what went wrong and improve on them. To be able to proceed to management interview would mean that you have what it takes but with some flaws that need rectification.

Hope that helps :D

pinkognito

Post by pinkognito » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 7:14 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:pinkognito: It is a ban that will be imposed on the candidates that was unsuccessful on their management interview. The ban will be told by the HR personnel whom release the interview results.

As for those who did not made it pass self intro, kebaya +skin check or 1-1, the ban is not valid thus allowing the candidates to try the next interview immediately after their last attempt.

I guess the reason why they impose the ban would be to give you time to reflect on what went wrong and improve on them. To be able to proceed to management interview would mean that you have what it takes but with some flaws that need rectification.

Hope that helps :D

thanks pink it helped! :) well i didnt clear the medical but made it through all the interviews.. guess i need to reflect on what my body said that didnt quite make it through that last "interview"..bleagh :P

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 7:52 pm

pinko: u didn't clear the medical?

i think u shud really go find out wad is the problem or i'm really sorry to say u might never pass the medical if they're particular abt that something "wrong" with u tat we/you think its no big deal.

good luck!!
the world at your doorstep.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: pregnancy

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 8:22 pm

rainschocolate wrote:Is it stated in the contract the Stewardess are not allowed to get pregnant?
Not so sure about getting pregnant during the 18 months bond period, does it means breaking the bond. Stewardess will have to quit once they are pregnant :cry: In SIA getting pregnant means losing your job.....there is no maternity leave, no ground job or any arrangement being made for you, just a Sayonara!!! You can apply to come back flying within 1 year after giving birth provided that you have a good past record with the company and you are back in shape. However there is no guarantee that they will accept you back. Guess this is one of the very few job in the world that states that getting pregnant = unemploy :???:

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 8:38 pm

xanngac wrote: Yah decide in the sense short hair or long hair. Yingying we don't learn the french twist, only the normal bun. But if you want to do it the french twist style, you can learn it on your own and bun it to STC. Groomer don't teach that. :)
If they say suit short hair more means die die must cut short or we still can keep it long? My hair take trillion years to grow, noooooo :cry:
Hello there!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 9:00 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Guess this is one of the very few job in the world that states that getting pregnant = unemploy :???:
In respect of Asia and specifically Singapore you are of course right but not in Britain where such a practice has been deemed illegal for a large number of years. You probably don't know but women here have to be given maternity leave by law of which three months is on full pay. In fact you cannot be given a different contract on the basis of sex or be told you are too old! There are exceptions of course but they are not that common.

Your post makes me wonder when the Singapore government is so concerned about its diminishing population. :???:

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 9:24 pm

Plavt wrote: Your post makes me wonder when the Singapore government is so concerned about its diminishing population. :???:
Hm from what I know, the Singapore Girl is an icon, and SIA's just trying to maintain that image. So probably thats why the company only accept young looking women..& after giving birth if the lady doesn't stay in shape, it's very hard to look pleasantly nice & presentable in the kebaya, cos it's really body fitting? Plus after giving birth, the lady has to fulfill her duty as a mother, take care of family, etc, so she might have to sacrifice either one. Unless she is wonder woman! I've seen cases where the mother still flies after pregnancy though (:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:06 pm

but my concern is.. if u get pregnant AFTER the 18 months bond.

can u still fly after u give birth w/o having to go thru all the interviews again? maybe just a review or smthing? or they'll just sack u?
the world at your doorstep.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:18 pm

rainschocolate wrote:but my concern is.. if u get pregnant AFTER the 18 months bond.

can u still fly after u give birth w/o having to go thru all the interviews again? maybe just a review or smthing? or they'll just sack u?
i think they wont sack you la..

anyway, since you're starting training soon, why dun you ask ya trainer??
Soaring above all

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:22 pm

yingying2888 wrote:haha.. and i dont even knwo if i'll pass the MOM side!!!

i want to bun it up if can though.. cass n lynnie says tt short hair have to be gelled so hard, that it wont move at all when you're working..
Sure will pass one la, no reason not to pass right. :)

Hehe yes that's true. They will ask you to bend you head foward to check and see if your hair moves or covers your face. So end up we all use very powerful hairspray. Now my fringe will not move at all even if I shake my head like mad. :P
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:27 pm

Sokeai wrote: If they say suit short hair more means die die must cut short or we still can keep it long? My hair take trillion years to grow, noooooo :cry:

Think you will be fine one, I can't imagine you with short hair though hehe. :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:30 pm

rainschocolate wrote:but my concern is.. if u get pregnant AFTER the 18 months bond.

Not sure if have to go through all the interviews again, but I think during my mgmt interview, there was this girl who was an ex-crew and she was also in the mgmt round as us. So probably have to do interviews but perhaps not all of the rounds?

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:32 pm

from what I know if a stewardess gets pregnant you will have to quit and you can reapply again as a flying mother within 2 yrs max but of course you will have to go for review and undergo training if selected

Luc85

Stewardess suing Venture Corp CEO's wife for allegedly slap.

Post by Luc85 » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:44 pm

Please don't copy paste newspaper items it violates copyright. You are welcome post the url link provided it is not one of the newspapers mentioned in the 'sticky' at the beginning of this section. Thank you for your co-operation.

Plavt

Moderator.

source from CNA, should be can right?
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 94/1/.html
Last edited by Luc85 on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.