Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 8:45 pm

Yiwen wrote:
Eneres wrote:Hi,

To all who are going on 27 Jan, do you guys wanna meet up and go together?

If there is already an existing meet up, can i join you guys?
hey.. i'll be going on 27 jan as well.. as i cant PM anyone yet.. u guys can add me in msn [email protected]..
Hi i am planning to go for the 27 Jan flight steward interview. Maybe we can meet. Cool ah.

Thanks.

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:02 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Oh ya btw G2000 is having end of season sales up to 70% off till end of this week. Skirts $23, Pants $29, Jackets $49. Those starting training might want to grab some formal wear :D
:o even training need to wear formal too ??
yup.. ruriko toe us that you only have to wear kebaya when its need. if not, formal wear everyday.. haha..
oh no... with heels, long sleeves, skirt or pants? even if u have to train on jumping into water also must come in formal then change?

i can't imagine wearing formal from extrem west to east :shock:

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:08 pm

Expats' gathering
Date: 2nd/3rd Feb*
Event: Dinner/Karaoke/Dinner and Karaoke.*
Venue: Yet to confirm.
* Please delete your selection accordingly.

1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888
5) Sokeai
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_
8) sheepish Dinner only
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix perhaps dinner only
14) zandlelightz

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:12 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Oh ya btw G2000 is having end of season sales up to 70% off till end of this week. Skirts $23, Pants $29, Jackets $49. Those starting training might want to grab some formal wear :D
:o even training need to wear formal too ??
yup.. ruriko toe us that you only have to wear kebaya when its need. if not, formal wear everyday.. haha..
Hey girl, how's everything on your side? haven't been to the forum for a while. Hope to have your good news! =)
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:37 pm

rx_aelix wrote: oh no... with heels, long sleeves, skirt or pants? even if u have to train on jumping into water also must come in formal then change?

Hmm i guess maybe if that day you are required to come in kebaya, they will inform you. That's what we understand from ruriko :-|

I hate formal too esp shirts, was wondering will they allow those blouse that is kind of like satin material. (no need iron ma tsk tsk)
Hello there!

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:41 pm

rx_aelix wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: :o even training need to wear formal too ??
oh no... with heels, long sleeves, skirt or pants? even if u have to train on jumping into water also must come in formal then change?

for ladies, it's formal all the way with full makeup and hairbun (which u will learn after grooming class)
after the foundation course of about 1mth and 1 week, once u step into the Safety Course, its dress down...usually polo t and pants....this is the stage where the swimming thingy take place

after the safety course ends, it's back to formal....:P
Last edited by kaozzzzzz on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:41 pm

Sokeai wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: oh no... with heels, long sleeves, skirt or pants? even if u have to train on jumping into water also must come in formal then change?

Hmm i guess maybe if that day you are required to come in kebaya, they will inform you. That's what we understand from ruriko :-|

I hate formal too esp shirts, was wondering will they allow those blouse that is kind of like satin material. (no need iron ma tsk tsk)

dont think need to be very formal...semi-formal should be good enough...but will keep u guys update.
mugging....

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:48 pm

okieping wrote:dont think need to be very formal...semi-formal should be good enough...but will keep u guys update.
Xie xie ni Okieping :lol: I got 0 formal/office wear. Need to stock up whenever i see cheap ones else last min buy sure get chop carrot head :mad:
Hello there!

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:50 pm

okieping wrote:
Sokeai wrote:

dont think need to be very formal...semi-formal should be good enough...but will keep u guys update.
haha yea... will be looking out for information from u gals/guys :lol:
keep us updated ya? :P

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:51 pm

ahaha i got no formal wear too!!

guess got to go G2000 and see see already!! since its got sale! haha
the world at your doorstep.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:57 pm

rainschocolate wrote:ahaha i got no formal wear too!!

While stocks last. 8-)
Hello there!

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:58 pm

my advice is, don't go stocking your wardrobe with too many formal wear so quickly. one month into the training, and you'll learn to dress down very soon ;) instead of getting long sleeve shirts, i strongly suggest getting blouses that are casual smart because you'll be able to use them after training. anyway, once you commence flying duties, you won't be using your formal wear much anymore :) have fun at stc!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:07 pm

ihateveg wrote:

my advice is, don't go stocking your wardrobe with too many formal wear so quickly. one month into the training, and you'll learn to dress down very soon ;) instead of getting long sleeve shirts, i strongly suggest getting blouses that are casual smart because you'll be able to use them after training. anyway, once you commence flying duties, you won't be using your formal wear much anymore :) have fun at stc!
alright!! maybe i can go METRO and all that walk walk. =DD thanks!
the world at your doorstep.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:19 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: :o even training need to wear formal too ??
Hey girl, how's everything on your side? haven't been to the forum for a while. Hope to have your good news! =)
hi babe! i'm muggin now actually.. cant wait for exams to be over and apply for the work pass.. 27th's soon.. going?
the world at your doorstep

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:22 pm

Sokeai wrote:

While stocks last. 8-)
yea.. i tink can go and get those short sleeved, gu niang gu niang type.. wear with skinnies lor! i cant wait to apply for the pass n start training.. man........... :mad:
the world at your doorstep