Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ladyybbird

Re: hey hey..~

Post by ladyybbird » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:44 am

angietyj wrote:
snowss wrote:
lipcolor wrote: hihi snowss..~
i'll be goin on the 27th too..~
let's hope ellin18 (Christine) can join us..~
pls psycho her..!! hoho..~

see all of u there..!!! *.^
lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Btw, for ur Emirates interview...u are currently waiting for mgmt round or wat?
Erm.. Im pretty new to this website. but i'm going for e 27th interview for stewardess! lolx. can we like meet up or sumthing.. im pretty nervous! :shock: wanna noe if they accept gals with mole? i got a mole at e tip of my nose thou :-|
My friend also has a mole at her chin and she is now flying. No worries, should give it a try.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:04 pm

I called up the clinic regarding my medical, the lady said it is already sent out so i guess those who did their medical on 9th Jan can only wait for SIA to give us a call/email :shock:
Hello there!

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:50 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
angietyj wrote:
snowss wrote: lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Erm.. Im pretty new to this website. but i'm going for e 27th interview for stewardess! lolx. can we like meet up or sumthing.. im pretty nervous! :shock: wanna noe if they accept gals with mole? i got a mole at e tip of my nose thou :-|
Angietyj: It depends on which kind of mole is on your face. If it is the protuding kind, I guess it is better to remove them as they can tend to be unsightly. As for flat moles, I guess with the correct concealer, you should be able to conceal them without much problem. I have a SIA air stewardess friend whom have a flat mole near her right upper lip and I too have one there as well.

Do remember that if you were to remove the mole, please consult a proper dermatologist as beautician are not allowed to do such procedure :D
i long ago wanna remove it. but hesitate it for quite long, u noe la. chinese saying.. my is hm... post pic up here.. is like quite weird ar. LOL.

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:53 pm

ladyybbird wrote:
angietyj wrote:
snowss wrote: lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

My friend also has a mole at her chin and she is now flying. No worries, should give it a try.
hmm.. is hers like obvious? i heard is not much abt outlook but more on yr smile and e way u talk. they say as long as u look presentable. :o my mole is obvious. coz its in e MIDDLE of my face. LOL.

btw, anyone going interview tis 27th??

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:03 pm

xanngac wrote:Hey all, anyone knows how long does the whole process of signing of bond takes? It states in my email starts at 2pm but its office hours so my surety might have to take half day leave if it's going to be a long wait.

Those who have already signed the bond, please advise? Thanks! :)
hello! u pass? whts e ques like they normally ask? thks!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:31 pm

angietyj wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hey all, anyone knows how long does the whole process of signing of bond takes? It states in my email starts at 2pm but its office hours so my surety might have to take half day leave if it's going to be a long wait.

There's lots of questions asked. At different interview stages they ask different questions, also it depends on how you answered the questions that they follow up with another question.

As for the questions they ask, generally they do ask about whether you have exp in customer service, why do you want to be a cabin crew, what qualities do you possess that makes you a suitable candidate, etc.

Too many to list actually. I suggest you be a little hardworking and read through all the prev posts from Dec onwards instead. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

chinen

Post by chinen » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:31 pm

hi.i jsut signed up for this forum but have been lurking around here for a few days. :D

i think im goign for the interview this 27th but im not sure.im not confident about getting in. :( i have small eyes. i wonder if they will accept ppl wif small eyes.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:36 pm

Haiz can't get to Mary to ask about the signing of bond.. :(

Anyone can advise how long the process of signing bond going to take?

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:47 pm

xanngac wrote:
angietyj wrote:

There's lots of questions asked. At different interview stages they ask different questions, also it depends on how you answered the questions that they follow up with another question.

As for the questions they ask, generally they do ask about whether you have exp in customer service, why do you want to be a cabin crew, what qualities do you possess that makes you a suitable candidate, etc.

Too many to list actually. I suggest you be a little hardworking and read through all the prev posts from Dec onwards instead. :)
okok.. I seen a few posts. is there any tips thou? btw! can u add mi! [email protected] in msn. THKS!

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:50 pm

snowss wrote:
lipcolor wrote:
snowss wrote:Anyone going for the walk in on 27 Jan?? I am going at 8am :)

Interested can PM me...

Waiting for it man 8-) ...
hihi snowss..~
i'll be goin on the 27th too..~
let's hope ellin18 (Christine) can join us..~
pls psycho her..!! hoho..~

see all of u there..!!! *.^
lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

hello gals,

i am interested to join you guys on 27th Jan.

Do you think I can join cos im from M'sia? and I failed last week interview at round 1 which held at concorde hotel KL.

Please do let me know if I can join you guys.

Thank you

EVE

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 3:06 pm

xanngac wrote:Haiz can't get to Mary to ask about the signing of bond.. :(

It should not take too long lah, about 1 hr? STC is so far, add in the travelling time plus going there abit early = 1.5hr. Lets say that you reach there at 1345hr by the time finish also around 1430hr - 1500hr, reach back office at 1530hr -1600hr. 1700hr knock off, So do you think you need to take half day leave???

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 3:09 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:Haiz can't get to Mary to ask about the signing of bond.. :(

It should not take too long lah, about 1 hr? STC is so far, add in the travelling time plus going there abit early = 1.5hr. Lets say that you reach there at 1345hr by the time finish also around 1430hr - 1500hr, reach back office at 1530hr -1600hr. 1700hr knock off, So do you think you need to take half day leave???
Haha if I were the surety of course I would take half day leave but my bf don't really want to waste his leave hence all the trouble... :roll:

But thanks anyway Abercrombie. ;)

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 4:46 pm

how many rounds now?
is there water confidence test?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 5:36 pm

Sokeai wrote:I called up the clinic regarding my medical, the lady said it is already sent out so i guess those who did their medical on 9th Jan can only wait for SIA to give us a call/email :shock:
thanks geraldine! i am so darn worried.. hai..

forum peeps who are waiting to sign bond, how long did you all roughly waited for the medical results to be out? thanks..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 5:49 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:I called up the clinic regarding my medical, the lady said it is already sent out so i guess those who did their medical on 9th Jan can only wait for SIA to give us a call/email :shock:
thanks geraldine! i am so darn worried.. hai..

forum peeps who are waiting to sign bond, how long did you all roughly waited for the medical results to be out? thanks..
I waited for 1 wk but those who went with me for the checkup, got their clearance in 5 days time.