Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ben02

Re: helo

Post by ben02 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:28 am

Belle07 wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote:
snowss wrote:Any idea if one have only 2 credits in her o level but later get a pte dip frm mdis(business management) is eligible or not??

Or die-die must have 5 credits??
You will be eligible once you graduate with a private diploma from MDIS. Similar situation for me. Cheers!

Maximus
Hi Maximus

U mean u hav 2 'O's with a MDIS diploma and u r able to make it?

May i know how old r u?

Coz i hav 3 'O's levels with an advanced diploma from MDIS and still not able to make it pass round 1.

Btw, i am in my late twenties.

Belle
Hey, same situation for me here.. 27yr old. 4 'O's with a private dip from SAA (Singapore Accountancy Academy).. I think u shd try too..

Cheers.

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:03 am

garlic wrote:hello everybody,

first of all, congrats to everybody who have passed and good luck to those trying out!

i have a ques in mind, does anybody know if it is possible to start training with O levels results first instead of waiting for the diploma transcript? cause from what i know, the transcript might take a while to be out and i'm quite keen to start asap. :D
Hi Garlic (interesting name can!),

I didn't get through on my first attempt even though I passed my first round is exactly due to this situation. I went for the walk-in in 2005 and during that time, I've already graduated. But my certificate and transcript hadn't arrive.

But on the papers, it states that anyone who possess 5 O'level credits with customer service experience is eligible. Apparently, I fit these criterias too.

After my first round interview, I was told by the HR that I can't go any further without any proof of my diploma. I told them that its arriving and they just said that I should come back and try again after I received it.

Most importantly, I kept quiet and made it a point on not to challenge them pertaining to 5 O'level statements. I told myself to try again in the near future. No point trying to make a fuss there.

I got another job, worked for a year and tried my luck again. Thank god for the blessing as I'm now being accepted my them.

PS. What you wanna do is that if you are able to, obtain a written letter or acknowledgment from your institution stating that you have already graduated with a diploma. Most probably that will help. Good luck and all the best!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

Maximus_miranda

Re: helo

Post by Maximus_miranda » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:18 am

ben02 wrote:
Belle07 wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote: You will be eligible once you graduate with a private diploma from MDIS. Similar situation for me. Cheers!

Maximus
Hi Maximus

U mean u hav 2 'O's with a MDIS diploma and u r able to make it?

May i know how old r u?

Coz i hav 3 'O's levels with an advanced diploma from MDIS and still not able to make it pass round 1.

Btw, i am in my late twenties.

Belle
Hey, same situation for me here.. 27yr old. 4 'O's with a private dip from SAA (Singapore Accountancy Academy).. I think u shd try too..

Cheers.
Dear Belle and Ben, once you've got a diploma, it doesn't quite matter about your O'levels anymore, except that you must at least have a pass on your English.

I graduated from MDIS with a private diploma is Mass Communication. I was 25 when I tried.

Getting through the first round really depends on your personality and how you portray yourself to the interviewers. Not really asking you to be outstanding, but at least converse in a comfortable tone and volume. And most important rule, something which I always emphasize, SMILE!

Only after you get through the first round, then only will they proceed to check your qualifications. I really understand how it feels, cos the first time I tried, mine was the only name they called out of that 10 people in the same room! I was ecstatic! I thought to myself that it couldn't be that the other 9 failed and only I got it. I thought it was the other way around!

But the next round during the checking of qualifications turned out to be a big disappointment to me. After reading my previous post, only then you'll understand why.

But whatever it is, please go and try. For those who are quite pessimistic, I only have one advice for you. When I'm 80, I wanna tell my grandchildren that I've tried this, accomplished that and done those things. I don't wanna say that I didn't do this, didn't try that and live in regret. Always stay positive. Even when I was rejected the first time, I told myself that it will definitely be a blessing in disguise. And I was right! Cos if I passed the first time round, I will be busy flying and I won't be able to meet my current life partner. Imagine our paths crossing only when cos I was rejected the first time round!

All the best and good luck!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:05 am

xanngac wrote:
And_drew wrote:
VeniE wrote: yup..
the same clinic.. but the x-ray is not done @ paragon.. it's @ Mt E..

for me, after my x-ray i stayed back to wait for the report to be out..
it took abt 1.5 to 2hr for the report to be out.. the report will state the range of your curve (ie: below 20 degrees, @ 25 degrees...)

most imptly as long as your curve is below 20 degrees.. you will be fine..
Thanks...our xray was on 7th floor at paragon.
Dint know could stay to wait for result..well,hopefully they will call if they
think its a problem..pray that its less than 20degrees.. :?
Hey Andrew, we girls also did ours at the 7th floor. I asked the doctor, she said the x-ray will be send to the clinic usually by afternoon (cause we did our x-ray in the morning)

Checked with the clinic today, they said they sent the report to SIA already (usually they will do so on the day after the check-up), so now we can only wait. :?

I suppose if the clinic doesn't call you back to do the x-ray again, you should be ok. Update us if SIA calls you k. :)
Yeah, Xanngac...hope that if clinic doesnt call everything should be fine.. i tried asking them and they said same thing too. Venie got call for 2nd Xray but i did not....worst case is they send direct to SIA and reject letter on my way..haha!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:51 am

ben02 wrote: Hey Venie, any other X-rays besides the chest that they take?? Like bones on your thigh or something??

THanks in advance..
dun think so.. they will look at your medical history lo..
ie: whether you have any accident before, break any bones bla bla bla..

but very unlikely that they will need x-ray of other parts of your body..
Soaring above all

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:56 am

yingying2888 wrote:i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

i can only remember the following question
- why didnt you work in your course of study, but chose to serve
- what influenced me to be a singapore girl
- was i selected to be a VIP server in my hotel

after which i just keep tokin and tokin.. so in total she just asked like 3 or 4 questions which i just elaborated alot. if you have experience in FnB and cust svc, most likely they'll only emphasise on cust svc questions instead of personality, background, family and personality.

rainschocolate and me got the least questions i tink, from panel 1. at least we didnt get scenario based, adaptability questions etc.

overall, i tink most importantly is being natural and relaxed. i was there early and by the time it was my turn i was relaxed oredi. i even spoke lehs and las n singlish to the panel.

i completed my interview, but they asked me in again. apparently one of my tooth was grown inside, and it looked like a bo gay, so they suggested me to correct it, so that my image will improve. they were really nice so i tink its the confidence and how natural you are.

i passed and congrats to all who passed too! we will get through the medical check up! =)

for all hopefuls, wishing you guys the best of luck! keep trying till you get in!

Congrats Ying ying... You made it all the way =D

Wonder when will be my turn ?? haiz... hopefully 27th Jan ^^

paperclip

Post by paperclip » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:26 am

wow! congrats to the rather considerable number of people that got through SQ mgmt round in this forum. truly amazing. and they have all been very helpful and forthcoming with their experiences.

as for me, i think it is time that i hang up my SQ dream. have tried numerous times, and have failed numerous times... and here's the killer that would truly put my dreams to ashes.. i just turned 30! kwang kwang.. unless i know for sure that someone that age managed to pass, there is truly no point in me trying again.

anyway, congrats to all that passed again :wink:

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:36 am

hi paperclip,

I think you can still try during the forthcoming walk in, cos I remembered someone from my group who is also aged 30 at that time managed to pass. Anyway, I think if you do not look your age & have the right personality, I am sure it won't pose a big problem! Dont give up your dreams so easily!! :)

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:46 pm

anyone got call for mgmt interview today?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 1:13 pm

And_drew wrote: Yeah, Xanngac...hope that if clinic doesnt call everything should be fine.. i tried asking them and they said same thing too. Venie got call for 2nd Xray but i did not....worst case is they send direct to SIA and reject letter on my way..haha!
Never call you back for 2nd x-ray should be safe already ba. :)

I should think it is because SIA needs some time to check the availability and reports of each individuals before calling anyone so perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do. :-|
And so my journey begins... :)

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 1:18 pm

ya the waiting is driving us paranoid

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 1:38 pm

congratulation to all who made it thru mgmt round.

good luck and happy waiting

pseudonymace

Post by pseudonymace » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 1:57 pm

VeniE wrote:
pseudonymace wrote:
VeniE wrote: is like an employement medical checkup..

very similar to those medical checkup you need to do before a company will employ you..

basically is to ensure that you're fit to work.
Ah...thank you so much girl! Was completely clueless untill now. Anyways, what will the check up consist of? Blood test and stuff I suppose? Is BMI also a criteria? Cos I am a little on the light side.
height & weight
urine test
blood pressure test
eyesight & colorblindness test
chest x-ray

think you weightshould be fine la.. as long as you dun have any illness or any physical problem that will hinder your job as a cabin crew..
Hmmm...wonder if slip disc would be a problem. Well, will see how it goes. Anyway, thank you for the insight. I'm still waiting for the call for the mgmt interview. I was told it would be next week. Still waiting.

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:19 pm

xanngac wrote:
And_drew wrote: Yeah, Xanngac...hope that if clinic doesnt call everything should be fine.. i tried asking them and they said same thing too. Venie got call for 2nd Xray but i did not....worst case is they send direct to SIA and reject letter on my way..haha!

I should think it is because SIA needs some time to check the availability and reports of each individuals before calling anyone so perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do. :-|
Me and Okieping got the call le!! im starting on 22 Jan and she is 25 Jan
Any batch mates? :D

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:28 pm

And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do.
Me and Okieping got the call le!! im starting on 22 Jan and she is 25 Jan
Any batch mates? :D
i've got a friend starting on the 22nd.. :wink:
Soaring above all