Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:59 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
shellen wrote:For those who went mgt round today, perhaps u all can share on the common qns that might be asked?

thanks in advance
and prayers for all gg to 27th Jan walk-in
we all got really general questions. stuff like...
- tell us more about your family
- what qualities you have in order to be a steward(ess)?
- do you do household chores?
- how many times have you tried applying for this position?
- do you think you know why you weren't successful previously?

very general questions. i dunno if anyone got situational-based questions. but i know someone had the interviewer saying "so, you were a hairstylist before?" (or something along that line). haha. :)
Thanks Hafiz..hope more ppl will be able to share more possible qns to help prepare those gg mgt in the future

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:03 am

yingying2888 wrote:i need help!

at the skin check i toe the that i'm undergoing treatment for the slight scar or indention above my brows, and said that it will be good after 3 or 5 visits..

will she note it down, and check it again at the mgmt round? i'm worried cos it seems like it cant be removed.

and are there anymore reception or tea party or cocktail in this write in? i dun wan kena that one man..

To fix the indentation on your brows, there are two methods and they are

1. laser resurfacing
2. filler

Both are very expansive where treatment is at SGD500 and above.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:07 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:

at the skin check i toe the that i'm undergoing treatment for the slight scar or indention above my brows, and said that it will be good after 3 or 5 visits..

will she note it down, and check it again at the mgmt round? i'm worried cos it seems like it cant be removed.

and are there anymore reception or tea party or cocktail in this write in? i dun wan kena that one man..

1. laser resurfacing
2. filler

thanks for that.. =) u gonna fix it?

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:11 am

Hi iwannefly,

have u found out how to pronounce carousel?

i've got that passage during 1-1 too and glad that i'm lucky enough to know how to pronounce it.. :)

anyway,
try to pronounce, "care-roe-sell"

hope it helps! cheers, all the best to everyone!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:20 am

ben02 wrote:hi all, i'm asking for a guy friend who wishes to join as a cabin crew... he is 29 and had just finished his 10 year bond with SAF. Does anyone here know of the age limit for guys ? is 29 too old?

thanks in advance
29yrs old can try, but seriously there is no career advancement for him to join at this age, as most probably he will not get his Chief Steward by the age of 45 and will have to leave the company. If he wish to just work for a few years as a steward then he might as well start working outside early. The later he starts building his career the more difficult it becomes. Well the choice is still his, just to let you know what the real world inside is.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:20 am

yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:

1. laser resurfacing
2. filler

I will be doing subcision and filler on my chicken pox indentation on my forehead and the procedure cost around SGD800. The filler only fix the scar for 6 - 12 mths as it is a temporary filler.

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: Today's interview

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:31 am

iwannefly wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Hey Iwannafly! Heard from Ying ying u didnt pass the 1-1.. Dun worry, we all try again!

Me very diappointed, didnt manage to get to 1-1. Really dun know what happen. Did i look fat in the kebaya?
hey gal..

i don tink u look fat in the kebaya.. i tink u look great!! izzit becuz u walk too fast??

ya lor.. i failed my 1-1 interview.... haiz... donno what went wrong... was it the passage? or was it the answeri give?? haiz...

i'm happy and surprise that i can passed both first round and kebaya... but when i fail 1-1 ... can't help but feel so disappointed... =/

Have to start all over again.. wonder how will i fare on the 27th.. =/

Anyway.. i will be going for the 27th =D Keep in touch k? you can contact me at 90267800 ^^

Jia you k? hopefully 27th is the day our dream can come true.. ^^

Hey girl,

I think u look great too. Didnt really talk to you much but gave me the impression that you've got a great personality! Ying ying too. She looks sweet.

Dun lose heart ok? So near yet so far..

We shall pin our hope on 27th, my friend from SIA told me that they are really in need of staff so we do stand a great chance. Jia you =)
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:31 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:

1. laser resurfacing
2. filler

I will be doing subcision and filler on my chicken pox indentation on my forehead and the procedure cost around SGD800. The filler only fix the scar for 6 - 12 mths as it is a temporary filler.
goodness... is yours very obvious? i dunno if i shud do anything to it.. cos mines not obvious..

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Kicked out after skin check round

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:41 am

Dun know if anybody faced the same situation with me before..

There were 3 of us in my group who passed Round 1 and proceeded to Kebaya round.
After it was announced we got in, me and another girl wanted to walk to the restroom and was too nervous to remember that we had to change into the kebaya that we walked to the ladies.

Then the HR lady called us and asked where we were going to and asked us to come back. We replied that we were too nervous and was quite "urgent" and apologised.

After the skin checks, the third girl told us that the lady for the Kebaya round said that she needs to do shoulder exercise and one side of her shoulder was lower than the other one.

Then we were informed that me and the other girl who wanted to go to the ladies earlier was not chosen.

Then the girl who was with me said that she saw the Kebaya round lady wrote N on all 3 of our forms.

Dun know if we were "marked" cause we didn't listen to instructions properly or maybe i really walked too fast, haha..

Does the HR staff have the rights to disqualify anybody?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:42 am

Anyone going for the walk in on 27 Jan?? I am going at 8am :)

Interested can PM me...

Waiting for it man 8-) ...

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:43 am

yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: thanks for that.. =) u gonna fix it?
goodness... is yours very obvious? i dunno if i shud do anything to it.. cos mines not obvious..
Yo Ying ying, if the Skin check lady didnt ask anything about the face, should i still admit to her on some really small scars on the forehead though dun think it's quite obvious..?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:46 am

yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: thanks for that.. =) u gonna fix it?
Mine is not that obvious with makeup and under close surtinisation, you can only see it. If the interviewer makes a remark, I guess we should do something about it

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Today's interview

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:52 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Hey Iwannafly! Heard from Ying ying u didnt pass the 1-1.. Dun worry, we all try again!

Me very diappointed, didnt manage to get to 1-1. Really dun know what happen. Did i look fat in the kebaya?
hey gal..

i don tink u look fat in the kebaya.. i tink u look great!! izzit becuz u walk too fast??

ya lor.. i failed my 1-1 interview.... haiz... donno what went wrong... was it the passage? or was it the answeri give?? haiz...

i'm happy and surprise that i can passed both first round and kebaya... but when i fail 1-1 ... can't help but feel so disappointed... =/

Have to start all over again.. wonder how will i fare on the 27th.. =/

Anyway.. i will be going for the 27th =D Keep in touch k? you can contact me at 90267800 ^^

Jia you k? hopefully 27th is the day our dream can come true.. ^^

Hey girl,

I think u look great too. Didnt really talk to you much but gave me the impression that you've got a great personality! Ying ying too. She looks sweet.

Dun lose heart ok? So near yet so far..

We shall pin our hope on 27th, my friend from SIA told me that they are really in need of staff so we do stand a great chance. Jia you =)
Sorry to hear that you were not able to pass this time round :cry: keep trying if this is really what you want. Try tell them how much you wanted this job before you leave the room and of course you have to be sincere or be a really really good actores !! Don't give up, looking at your portfolio and looks she should be able to get it eventually :wink:

Go thru the questions that they ask during the 1-1 to find out what is their worries in hiring you. Afraid that you might not be committed and stay for long? You are having a good job now so you might not be able to take Stewardess life? Your background? etc once you found out the worries that they have about you then you can answer to their doubt during your next interview. All the best for your next interview :wink:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:55 am

gladys_lopez, i admitted mine.. cos it was the chance for me to explain to her n hope that she gives chance. but now i'm afraid that she'll note it down and check it during the mgmt round..

pinklittlefigure, i tink mine is like yours. but she didnt make any remarks on that.. she just asked how was my facial regime. so i said i do facial once a mth, n undergoing treatment for the indentation.. in addition to tt i had 1 or 2 zits popping out..

polymusik

Post by polymusik » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 1:33 am

hello ppl! i was at the 1st round of interview today as well, but got booted out at round 1 T_T
anyway i was in the 1st grp of 8 guys and only 2 proceeded to round 2! our grp only got 2 relatively cute guys and they didnt get in! everyone has an average level of eloquence so im really unsure what the interviewers were looking for....