Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 9:51 pm

rainschocolate wrote:the 2 months ban start from?

lets say your 1st interview date is erm 01dec, den your management is 20thdec. den the ban starts from 1st or 20th?
e hr lady din say.. she just told me that i can skip e jan one .. :?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 9:57 pm

starrynitezz wrote:

lets say your 1st interview date is erm 01dec, den your management is 20thdec. den the ban starts from 1st or 20th?
oh okay.. thanks. =)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:48 pm

starrynitezz wrote:

Then I guess u better skip the jan one....coze she did told u tat...
Imagine if u go for the Jan one and make it to the management round...then kena found out....Jialat...dunno what will happen through :-#

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:58 pm

ben02 wrote:hi all, i'm asking for a guy friend who wishes to join as a cabin crew... he is 29 and had just finished his 10 year bond with SAF. Does anyone here know of the age limit for guys ? is 29 too old?

thanks in advance

Should be fine as long as he dun look old, and leave his SAF mindset. Ask him to try the Jan walk-in to see if the job is suitable for him anot cos if he gets in, many of his senoirs will be younger den him and he need to learn to take instructions from them. Quite different from what happens inside SAF.

During the last dec walk-in, i actually saw this UNCLE with long ponytail, checkered coloured shirt holding umbrella and in the Q with the guys for the int. i was like .. DID U SEE THAT?!

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:01 pm

snowss wrote: Then I guess u better skip the jan one....coze she did told u tat...
Imagine if u go for the Jan one and make it to the management round...then kena found out....Jialat...dunno what will happen through :-#
hmm wonder if anyone has been tru situation like this? :lol:

shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:05 pm

starrynitezz wrote:
snowss wrote: Then I guess u better skip the jan one....coze she did told u tat...
hmm wonder if anyone has been tru situation like this? :lol:
hmm...starrynitezz, I think 4 ur own reputation good, u beta give the Jan a miss since the lady told u so. If they put a ban on u and u reali turn up...tink its wont be gd impression for u. Do consider since SIA reali hvin interview each mth.

shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:07 pm

snowss wrote:haha...then I guess 8am wld be the best rite :)

Do let me know if anyone of u wants to go with me at 8am...Thanks

Or before 8am also can :lol: :lol:
omg...I think i nid to go sheraton and camp liao. :shock: i c so mani ppl go so early im startin 2 panic!

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:24 pm

starrynitezz wrote:ha, :wink: same to u ~ MirageBomb , eh hows ur medical?

has erina signed the contract? --e ger with LV bag--
Still waiting to hear the good news :-| Hopefully will get to hear from them by tmr..

Well they sent her a call + email last Fri, but I'm not sure when she's going down to sign the contract...
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

Jocundster

heeeeeeey.... i migrated to here...

Post by Jocundster » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 6:40 am

hey peez~~~ i have been reading all ya posts as a passer-by but not anymore just i've just joined as a member... LOL~

btw i was kicked out during the mgmt round last week but the lady didn't tell me anything, i just asked the reason why i was kicked out but she said "sorry, i am not very sure too". So am i banned from the coming intake too?

:D

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:12 am

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i know who went for 27 Dec walk in interview at STC and manage to clear 3 rounds??

wat time ur timeslot was and how long it lasted?? if my timeslot is at 2pm... wad time will i finish my interview if i manage to clear 3 rounds????

ben02

Post by ben02 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:17 am

iwannefly wrote:HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i know who went for 27 Dec walk in interview at STC and manage to clear 3 rounds??

wat time ur timeslot was and how long it lasted?? if my timeslot is at 2pm... wad time will i finish my interview if i manage to clear 3 rounds????
My time slot was 130pm, and it ended around 5pm.. and was asked to go back to wait for call/email abt details of the mgmnt round..

Hope this helps..

Acorna

Re: Finally, and who's going?

Post by Acorna » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:49 am

sheepish wrote:Omg, the details on an interview which i can finally attend is out!

Since I grad in May08, I couldn't apply for the write-ins. And as much as I wanted to attend the Dec07 interviews, I was overseas.

So this is it!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2008 will be the year we all fly! :)

So who's attending this one??
hey sheepish,
I'm graduating in May 08 too! =)
but i would still be trying out for jan's walk-in unless sth crops up.
akiheartfelt, you going too?

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:59 am

omg...... I got a call this morning, they want an official letter from my school stating that I have completed Year 10... what in the world?? It's the 1st time in my 5 years of working experience that any employer requires additional proof of completion other than my semester 2 results. I'm befuddled, lol.

It won't be a prob getting it from the school eventually, but it's closed till 21st Jan.. still have to wait for them to prepare and send the letter. god.

A friend in SIA's advised me to speak to them again and request that they let me start training and get the school to produce the letter later. That makes much more sense, methinks. I'll give the lady a call again.
Last edited by MirageBomb on Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:04 am

MirageBomb wrote:

omg...... I got a call this morning, they want an official letter from my school stating that I have completed Year 10... what in the world?? It's the 1st time in my 5 years of working experience that any employer requires additional proof of completion other than my semester 2 results. I'm befuddled, lol.

It won't be a prob getting it from the school eventually, but it's closed till 21st Jan.. still have to wait for them to prepare and send the letter. god.

A friend in SIA's advised me to speak to them again and request that they let me start training and get the school to produce the letter later. That makes much more sense, methinks. I'll give the lady a call again.

hi girl, u rec call from mary already???
oh dear, wheres mine?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:26 am

I getting all jittery for tomorrow's interview :lol:

Shld I arrive earlier and try my luck to get into the earlier timeslots?