Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 2:42 am

3.5k is after CPF?
I believe it should be more than 3.5K.
Earning 3.5k is not a lot nowadays.

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 3:24 am

ben-yng wrote:
caryssa wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
ig i manage to get in, and you are same flight with me one day..i cant imagine what if i make you non-stop laughing even preparing beverages at behind, moreover laughing during serving customer..omg..i'm not suitable for this job lar~~

hehe dun woli, in real, i'm a boring woody guy that dunno how to smile, so dont judge me with my words lol, you will dissapoint..(if m that gd that great, i get in oledi lol)..

study study..prepare prepare..but no matter how well is my prepration..if i couldnt overcome my weakness on time..the result still the same..cant even pass 1st round..kns
I recommend u go for little red dot academy course, the airline recruitment course. The trainer are all ex-crew, mostly leading from SIA, BA ... they will teach u wat to expect and required in an airline recruitment interview. They will also conduct mock interviews for every individual and assess your good and bad points and give u pointers for improvement. Seriously, if u really want this job, den this course shd be seen as an investment 8-)

Check their website for more details ya @ www.reddot.sg. I went, i think Venie also went.

Yes gal, pls tie up your hair- pony tail and pin up or gel fringes to give a neat impression :girl:

Good luck for tml everyone [-o<

Get Ready to FLY
Last edited by Venezia on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MirageBomb

Re: Give up a higher paying job?

Post by MirageBomb » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 3:24 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
snowss wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:I'm earning around $3.2 - $3.5k as i'm in sales line. So will be one third cut :o I think around 3 months for the training.. U still studying? At?
If I am not wrong, SIA plus allowance shld be ard $3.5K....tats wat i heard*correct me if they are paying higher than tat :oops:

I believe it's the experience tats different frm the ground jobs...

But I think it all boils down to individual....u have to ask urself if U are willing to get out of ur comfort zone and get on the plane to eat humble pie and be willing to serve pple...I think this is quite an impt thing to think of..
I agree with you. I used to work as a waitress in a wine bar and really loved to make my customer happy by remembering their names and what they like to drink. It's really personal touch thats lacking in servive these days.. Read recently that the owner of Starbucks coffee complimented Cathay Pacific of having the best service as they remember his name be it in economy or first class cabin. This is the dedication to customer service we should aim to work towards to.. Just some of my thoughts :D I really dun mind serving and i really look up towards airstewardesses now cause it's really not that easy to be accepted to be one! Will Gan Batte!! :D
Hi Gladys, well, go for it! :) It's a great chance to see the world and expose yourself to different opportunities / people.. 4 mths of basic is tough la, but if u can tahan, I'm sure the benefits of what comes after will justify any compromise u might have to make .. besides it's a gr8 time to join coz they're pretty hard up for staff..

If/when u join this 'goldmine' of opportunity, the digging tools will be waiting for u ;)
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 3:25 am

momoko wrote:3.5k is after CPF?
I believe it should be more than 3.5K.
Earning 3.5k is not a lot nowadays.
Hah, tats what I heard. Maybe we have to hear it from the horse's mouth to know how true is it :)

oldwoman

Post by oldwoman » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:55 am

Dunno if anyone is as nervous as me. This is not my first time going for the interviews, be it walk-ins or write-ins. Probably my 20+ so far since I was 18 (am 25 now, yea, still not in yet, sad case :cry: ).

Woke up at 7am and unable to sleep til nw. My slot's at 1.30pm, it's 8+am in the morning, and am contemplating changing up already haha.

I am a bit sick and tired of trying already, but everytime I see an interview opportunity, I cant stop but want to give it another go, bearing hopes that it may be my final. I told myself that I will totally give up at the age of 27, which is a year + to go.
Which brings to mind, how many more rejections would I have to go through til then? how much more numb and thick skin will I become?

I see myself walking out the gates of STC later in the afternoon, demoralized, going home tired and mentally drained after yet another nerve wrecking and hope shattering experience, telling myself that nvm, theres another walk-in in January.

I totally understand how it feels to really want something, yet feel so helpless and that you cant do anything about it but give it your best shot every attempt, only to be demoralized and sent home again, having only one consolation, that it might be better the next time round.

The closest I have got was to the management round... and today, I don't even want to think further to give myself any high hopes.

So wishing everyone who is going to take the first step with me in persuing their dreams success and strength. I sincerely hope those who really want it as badly as I do, get their wishes fulfilled :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:39 am

I had difficultly falling aslp last night cause I was so nervous and excited kept rehearsing my answers hahaha. Anyways, let's all give our best at the interviews later. I hope we all get in! :)

Must tie hair ah...I think I look better with my hair down than tie up, though I do admit, its neater when tied. How...???
And so my journey begins... :)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:30 am

OHAIYO GOSAIMASU!!

i'm awake. and doind mask AGAIN! LOL

good luck to all.

ahaha i dun pin high hopes thoug. u all must jiayou k!!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:52 am

Good luck to all who are going for the interview later :D

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:52 am

really must tie up hair ar?

garlic

Post by garlic » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:17 pm

hi everybody,

i went for my medical check yesterday but received a call from the clinic today saying that i've got mild scoliosis, now i've got to go back for a repeated xray.
just wanna check if there's anybody who went back for 2nd xray and then got rejected cause of this issue? so worried right now.. pls advise. :(

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:25 pm

garlic wrote:hi everybody,

i went for my medical check yesterday but received a call from the clinic today saying that i've got mild scoliosis, now i've got to go back for a repeated xray.
just wanna check if there's anybody who went back for 2nd xray and then got rejected cause of this issue? so worried right now.. pls advise. :(
hi, no worries, so long its not more than 20deg, shld be no prob.
someone went for 2nd xray, and it turns out perfectly fine, might be ur standing position?

anyway , u have any scoliosis history?

garlic

Post by garlic » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:29 pm

hellokittylove wrote:

someone went for 2nd xray, and it turns out perfectly fine, might be ur standing position?

i don't. it came as a shock to me too since i have no history at all. but my 2 friends who i went med check with also got that same call. really hope its nothing to worry about.
thanks!

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:31 pm

garlic wrote:
hellokittylove wrote:

i don't. it came as a shock to me too since i have no history at all. but my 2 friends who i went med check with also got that same call. really hope its nothing to worry about.
thanks!
no worries, since so many going back , sure mis-scan.
anyway , i did not rec any calls from clinic or sq, might be byebye already

garlic

Post by garlic » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:43 pm

hellokittylove wrote: no worries, since so many going back , sure mis-scan.
anyway , i did not rec any calls from clinic or sq, might be byebye already
nah, no news is good news right? don't worry. or could it be your availability period? the longer you put, the longer they'll take to call you right?
don't worry.. can 1. :D

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Give up a higher paying job?

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:19 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
snowss wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:I'm earning around $3.2 - $3.5k as i'm in sales line. So will be one third cut :o I think around 3 months for the training.. U still studying? At?
If I am not wrong, SIA plus allowance shld be ard $3.5K....tats wat i heard*correct me if they are paying higher than tat :oops:

I believe it's the experience tats different frm the ground jobs...

But I think it all boils down to individual....u have to ask urself if U are willing to get out of ur comfort zone and get on the plane to eat humble pie and be willing to serve pple...I think this is quite an impt thing to think of..
I agree with you. I used to work as a waitress in a wine bar and really loved to make my customer happy by remembering their names and what they like to drink. It's really personal touch thats lacking in servive these days.. Read recently that the owner of Starbucks coffee complimented Cathay Pacific of having the best service as they remember his name be it in economy or first class cabin. This is the dedication to customer service we should aim to work towards to.. Just some of my thoughts :D I really dun mind serving and i really look up towards airstewardesses now cause it's really not that easy to be accepted to be one! Will Gan Batte!! :D
i am working in oriental hotel as a banquet server.. personally, it feels really good and has an especially high sense of satisfaction for me when the guests are happy with your service.. i guess, the effort that u give it out to serve must not be bcos of tips or compliments, only when we can achieve that will we truly love the job..

to answer snowss question, i have a few frens in SIA. some earns 3k+ some earns 5k+.. long flights to european country can earn you about 1000+ each, and u'll get a min. of about 1-2 long flights per month.. hope this helps.. =)