Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reef

Post by reef » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 1:54 pm

I went to auckland for my SNY flight. I thought aussie pple has weird accent but Kiwis has the weirdest accent ever...sorry to point that out....

ak84 wrote:
mictan86 wrote:Hello..Im a guy who is a few months away from my 21st bday.

Hi Plavt and jencrs, regarding why they want to check for scars that are not visible when one is properly dressed, I sincerely have no right answer for you. Maybe their concerns may not only be scars. Aint quite sure :)

Hello ak84, as long as you meet the requirements I think will do. Most important would be your English grade, as 2 out of the 5 people who passed Round 1 in my group could not proceed to Round 2 because of their English grade. Coincidentally, they are both Msians.

And finally, eclipse, there were 40 of us who went for the confidence test. 1/4 got elimininated due to various reasons. Just do your best I think they will appreciate your effort.

And I believe corines143 will be going for the water confidence test too.

Cheers to all! :D

*Disclaimer: all the above mentioned are my personal opinion, observation and interpretation. Hence, please do not quote me! Thank you.. :lol: *
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I will have the English problem then since I have been living in NZ for 12 years and have also got the Kiwi accent....hahhahah....hope thats fine aswell :???:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 2:34 pm

Hi mictan

nope i havent even gone thru round 1. haha i didnt get thru that round the last time. maybe i wasnt ready.

anyway i kept asking water confidence cos that is the round i lack confidence BUT you gave me tips which helped me surpass that fear. thanks heaps!! see even a junior like you can help ANYONE in times like this. God bless

cheerio
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

yannie

Post by yannie » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 3:52 pm

anyone ever gone for interview conducted in poly and make it thru?

yannie

Post by yannie » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:51 pm

was wondering if it is possible for someone who is in the process of finishing diploma to apply and make it thru all the 7 rounds of interview... if i am graduating in may 07 can i apply for the Jan SIA intake if there is?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 6:31 pm

yannie wrote:was wondering if it is possible for someone who is in the process of finishing diploma to apply and make it thru all the 7 rounds of interview... if i am graduating in may 07 can i apply for the Jan SIA intake if there is?
Finish your diploma first, there will be more vacancies later, the industry has one of the highest turnovers of staff.

yannie

Post by yannie » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 7:39 pm

was asking because i heard from my friend that there is a intake of flight stewardess for ngee ann poly for students graduating in 07... =)
maybe i should wait till i finish my exams than i will go and try...

mictan86

Post by mictan86 » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 8:30 am

corines143 wrote:Hi mictan

nope i havent even gone thru round 1. haha i didnt get thru that round the last time. maybe i wasnt ready.

anyway i kept asking water confidence cos that is the round i lack confidence BUT you gave me tips which helped me surpass that fear. thanks heaps!! see even a junior like you can help ANYONE in times like this. God bless

cheerio
Sorry Cornies143 for the wrong assumption. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Best Regards

boh tong

About myself.

Post by boh tong » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 5:09 am

blizz1209 wrote:I can see boh tong is trying hard to prove that he's 'for real'
Blizz,I do not need to try and prove who I am. Remember my advice,don't be a smart ALEC!

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: About myself.

Post by Plavt » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 6:42 am

boh tong wrote:
blizz1209 wrote:I can see boh tong is trying hard to prove that he's 'for real'
Blizz,I do not need to try and prove who I am.
That's an understatement if ever I heard one. :roll:
don't be a smart ALEC!
kettle calling pot black....I would say!!!

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 8:14 pm

is there any msian here will start training in jan?i've been waiting for almost 2 mths and yet still no news from mary.i was wondering how long do i still have to wait... :(

caryn

Post by caryn » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 1:16 am

Hi hi.. does anyone know whether SIA has any pension scheme at the end of the contract?? Cos according to what i read from Emirate's website, they pay a pension (but don't know much!!) upon completion of a 3-yr contract. Would like to know if SIA has such benefits as well.

Heard that SIA has a 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr contract. Is that true? Is the minimum contract term 1 yr or more? Can the ladies, after graduation/training, actually decide how many years' contract they want to sign or they don't have a choice? :?

Any ex / current SQ or anyone who has an answer to the above questions?? :)
Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:03 am

Hey,

I would like to know how many years of bond do we need to sign? Couldn't find any info in SIA website.

caryn

Post by caryn » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:07 am

Yup, same problem here too.. no information about their bonds / pension scheme.. Anyone has information about this??
qinggx wrote: Hey,

I would like to know how many years of bond do we need to sign? Couldn't find any info in SIA website.
caryn wrote:Hi hi.. does anyone know whether SIA has any pension scheme at the end of the contract?? Cos according to what i read from Emirate's website, they pay a pension (but don't know much!!) upon completion of a 3-yr contract. Would like to know if SIA has such benefits as well.

Heard that SIA has a 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr contract. Is that true? Is the minimum contract term 1 yr or more? Can the ladies, after graduation/training, actually decide how many years' contract they want to sign or they don't have a choice? :?

Any ex / current SQ or anyone who has an answer to the above questions?? :)
Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:57 am

Guys and girls from singapore, please read this and attend this if you are really desperate for the job.
SIA Cabin Crew Career/Recruitment Talk
29 November 2006

CAREER TALK
SIA will be giving a Cabin Crew Career Talk in Singapore Polytechnic on 29 November 2006 at LT 7.

Interested students are invited to attend either:
Session A: 3.30pm - 4.30pm or
Session B: 4.30pm - 5.30pm

INTERVIEWS
We will also be conducting interviews for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore Polytechnic. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you.

Requirements

Graduating from Singapore Polytechnic in 2007
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months' training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month's basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete the application form.

Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 3pm and 5pm at Moberly Block (Ground Floor - Relax @Moberly).

Interviews will be conducted on 29 November 2006 at:
Meeting Rooms Level 1 & Level 2, Moberly Block.
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 2:58 am

NS~KBH wrote:Guys and girls from singapore, please read this and attend this if you are really desperate for the job.
Fine to post the advertisement but simply being desperate for the job doesn't justify attending, preparation is far more important. The problem is far too many people simply wait for the advertisements to appear then rush in to applying which for many almost guarantees their failure. You might like to not that in one walk-in interview 479 hopefuls turned up out which only 82 were selected, gives you some idea of the odds against you wouldn't you agree?