Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ravens

to: koko77

Post by ravens » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 1:53 pm

Hi Koko77

i think your application is not finalize as yet is because of your studies. When you are goin to graduate, they will eventually give you a call to confirm your training dates. Jus like one of my batch mate, he requested to leave his job 2 months later, and only when it drewing near the date he said, they gave him a ring.

hope this will ease u up.

i understand how you felt. As for medical wise, if you are fit and the doctor didnt mentioned much there isnt much you could fail it.. well normally, the doctor will tell you if u pass or not, if not they would not send you for Xray. this is what i know

cheers no worries!

Astroboy

relax man...

Post by Astroboy » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 2:56 pm

i guess all we can do is to do our best....
some things are not really within our control....

but it is always fair and good for us to find out the reason
why things did not go smoothly as expected....

best case i believe is immediate notice upon successful tea session and medical checkup...
there are also other background checks as well, like criminal checks and others which are not declared...i believe...

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 3:51 pm

hi ravens..

yes, this is what they said as in like my case is not finalised yet. I dunno what they mean by "it's not finalised yet". On the bright side, they would prob contact me only when they have the training dates for Oct or Nov. On the other hand, they could be considering the fact that I dun have a 5 Os, i only have 4 actually. *bang wall*. If they looked on the current status, I definately won't be able to make it. However, I do hope that they would seriously looked into the next 3 mths when I would grad with a dip..

It's really unfair you see, if they are actually considering based on the Os. I hope they finalised it soon. Stopped keeping people or rather 'US' in suspense. I believe i'm not the only one waiting....

it's really nerve wrecking...

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 4:08 pm

koko77 wrote:hi ravens..

yes, this is what they said as in like my case is not finalised yet. I dunno what they mean by "it's not finalised yet". On the bright side, they would prob contact me only when they have the training dates for Oct or Nov. On the other hand, they could be considering the fact that I dun have a 5 Os, i only have 4 actually. *bang wall*. If they looked on the current status, I definately won't be able to make it. However, I do hope that they would seriously looked into the next 3 mths when I would grad with a dip..

It's really unfair you see, if they are actually considering based on the Os. I hope they finalised it soon. Stopped keeping people or rather 'US' in suspense. I believe i'm not the only one waiting....

it's really nerve wrecking...
yup.. very true..
but to think abt it, if our application in unsuccessful, they would have informed us earlier isn't it?

anw, by chance anyone has friends who has mild asthma working as cabin crew?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 4:17 pm

baby jr14.

Yes. You noe what i mean right? If they wanna reject, they won't have to wait till now. but refering back to lolitaa... she waited 3 weeks upon receiving the letter. So anything can happen you see..

Initially i tot rejection is easy, just call n say :"halo, you didn't clear ur medical, sorry pls try again". later on, i realised, it's not just abt the medical factor.. it's consist many other things.. *unknown issues*

sighhhh..

I have a fren whu declared she's asthmatic, but she got in. 2 yrs ago.. well i didn't declared abt my mild asthmatic...

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 4:22 pm

koko77 wrote:baby jr14.

Yes. You noe what i mean right? If they wanna reject, they won't have to wait till now. but refering back to lolitaa... she waited 3 weeks upon receiving the letter. So anything can happen you see..

Initially i tot rejection is easy, just call n say :"halo, you didn't clear ur medical, sorry pls try again". later on, i realised, it's not just abt the medical factor.. it's consist many other things.. *unknown issues*

sighhhh..

I have a fren whu declared she's asthmatic, but she got in. 2 yrs ago.. well i didn't declared abt my mild asthmatic...
she got in? *phew
now i can relax abit.. im like super paranoid! hahahha

ravens

Post by ravens » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 5:06 pm

hi koko77.

i guess the chances is that they will wait for your dip. did they mentioned that you have to submit your dip cert to them when u complete? secondly is your dip from private?

karen-k

Post by karen-k » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 5:12 pm

Indonesian Flight Stewardess
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Indonesia. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
-Indonesian citizenship
-Females who are at least 1.58m in height
-Below 26 years of age
-University graduate
-High level of English proficiency
-Willing to be based in Singapore

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

Application Details
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, complete it and email it along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself to: [email protected] by 9 August 2006.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 5:35 pm

ravens..

Unfortunately, yes i'm from semi-pte sch.. a design school in fact, kinda regconised but i dunno. They didn't say I must submit to them, but she did asked like when? I said, on the safe rate, by nov i can received my scroll...

arielbubbles

Post by arielbubbles » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 8:25 pm

Hey karen-k .. where did u see the indonesia stewardess recruitment advertisement? I have a indo friend really interested in applying.. cant find it in the webbie.

karen-k wrote:Indonesian Flight Stewardess
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Indonesia. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
-Indonesian citizenship
-Below 26 years of age
-University graduate

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

Application Details
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, complete it and email it along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself to: [email protected] by 9 August 2006.

missviolette

hey

Post by missviolette » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:54 pm

Hey arielbubbles, if your friend is interested, link her to this webpage.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

cheers
arielbubbles wrote:Hey karen-k .. where did u see the indonesia stewardess recruitment advertisement? I have a indo friend really interested in applying.. cant find it in the webbie.

karen-k wrote:Indonesian Flight Stewardess

Requirements
-Indonesian citizenship
-Below 26 years of age
-University graduate

Training

Application Details

karen-k

Post by karen-k » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:57 pm

hi arielbubbles...here is the link to the website :)

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

arielbubbles

Post by arielbubbles » Sun, 30 Jul 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks alot karen-k!

arielbubbles

Post by arielbubbles » Sun, 30 Jul 2006 3:12 pm

missviolette.. Thanks alot too! ^^

missviolette

Erm..

Post by missviolette » Sun, 30 Jul 2006 6:37 pm

HI, not a problem ariel, pleasure is all mine =)

Well since SIA is looking for indonesian women right now, will they still want Singapore women in the future? It kinda scares me if this might happen in the long run. Any opinions?
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)