Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 4:30 pm

Shreked wrote:French is a language that is difficult to learn for me.
Spanish is easier.
Is a poor thing that there's not many people learning hindi and arab,
Spanish pronunciation is definitely easier than French, however when it comes to the grammar at advanced levels it is just as difficult. (Like many other languages) Spanish is useful though as it goes unrealized it is spoken almost as widely and possibly more widely than English. Another bonus is if you speak good Spanish you will have little difficulty with Italian (the grammars are similar) . Many Spaniards can speak Italian even though they haven't studied the language.

There are rather more people in the world learning Arabic than many would care to imagine.

Just some information for readers.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 4:41 pm

Shreked wrote:French is a language that is difficult to learn for me.
Spanish is easier.
Is a poor thing that there's not many people learning hindi and arab,

I knew an Arab once. he told me the following joke:

‎‎ في واحد معاه أرنب يبي يبيعه جاه واحد محشش وقال له بكم القرد ؟ رد عليه .. ياخي هذا أرنب مو قرد .. قال المحشش يابو الشباب أنا أسأل الأرنب ماسألتك.....

مساهمة من مخاوي الجن

he laughed . . . .

As for finding out who the real sadaam was and why the US was so adamant on getting him:

'nuff said Image

louisv

Post by louisv » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 2:12 pm

Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 2:22 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Cheesie, try to read: salute and salut . . . as different as chalk and cheese, so maybe you'll put your angry smilie back in your pocket.

(Nice one, Wolfie)
Opps... sorry! tts my fault... :oops:

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 2:57 pm

Now i'm learning hindi and a bit of arab for future benefits as India and Emirates are developing. Maybe i can migrate to work for Emirates Airlines.

tabby

Post by tabby » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 3:35 pm

Hi all.i would like to check with u guys regarding the kebaya/water confidence round;will the interviewer/beautician ask the girl to lift up her hair to look at the ear area although she does not have long hair?

angela

Post by angela » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 3:51 pm

louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?

Not psychometric round....

misdemeanor

Post by misdemeanor » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:00 pm

what if I get my period during the water confidence test? Any girls tried wearing a tampon during the water confidence test before? Help its this friday!!!!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:00 pm

Shreked wrote:Now i'm learning hindi and a bit of arab for future benefits as India and Emirates are developing. Maybe i can migrate to work for Emirates Airlines.

You want to emigrate to the Middle East in the hope of geting a job with Emirates?

#-o Now nothing will surprise me anymore.

'nuff said Image

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:06 pm

Perhaps as a camel guide if things don't work out in the air.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

angela

Post by angela » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:27 pm

misdemeanor wrote:what if I get my period during the water confidence test? Any girls tried wearing a tampon during the water confidence test before? Help its this friday!!!!

Well, yeah, it happened to one of my frens. Everything went just fine...but you have gotta remove it soon after the test to avoid any possible infections.

lilblacksheep

Post by lilblacksheep » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:29 pm

hi all, i'm new here..

as i'm having the water confidence test, kebaya test and psychometrics test tmr, i've got some qns to ask all that are kind to answer my qns.. thanks in advance! =)

my qns are:

1. does any elimination take place in the water confidence test based on whether or not we have scars or tattoos on our body where it's visible when swim suits are worn but invisible when kebaya is being worn?

2. are we also being checked on the fingernails and toenails in this round?

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:58 pm

angela wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?

Not psychometric round....
Hi, heard this from my friend who got in on the previous recuitment.. After the kabaya rounds, left about 86 (around) girls on her batch, den there this 2 girls, one got out from the tea party round and the other one had fail her psychometric round as because, the psychometric outcome is by a chart, and the outcome for the chart must be in normal range to high range, but hers was pointing downward, and she wasn't being selected! so i think every round has their risk on it... good luck everyone! :D

misdemeanor

Post by misdemeanor » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 5:43 pm

Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?

prince

Post by prince » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:03 pm

misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?
its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.