Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: HI ALL

Post by M » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:23 pm

jerlyn wrote:Hi Hippcup, Julie, wawa, trish, M, pinkystar...*if only I can rem all the names here that I talked to*
It drawing near! Cheers.. and HAppy joyful new year..
btw, Even If I had not pass the first 2 rounds I was thinking abt the swimming test, does it require one to do the standardise backstroke, with the arms moving backwards.. :P
I just came back from a spin at the airport on sunday.. saw the FA.. **inspiring**
Greetings Jerlyn! Well I swam freestyle across without having any lifejacket on for last. I reckon it's your own choice but preferably do it backstroke. You will need to adapt that to save a "passenger" eh?

M :cool:

ZUNBO

Post by ZUNBO » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:30 pm

hi Sq_guy

i believe i am same slot as you .0920hr on 8 jan

pinkpluspinky

dun despair!

Post by pinkpluspinky » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:35 pm

queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz all,

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.
you're not alone for not being shortlisted. i am so.. upset. well, we can try again next time. ;)

hi girls,

if u ever follow this thread right from the start, u would have notice that i actually posted another similar msg some time ago.

anyway, what i wanna say is, like u girls, i have sent my application quite late, towards the end of the recruitment drive (i think it should be on the friday b4 the closing date). yet i have not received my invite to the interview as well.

i have actually applied for the july recruitment. the interview date stated on the website is actually 2nd july. but i did not get the invite for 2nd july. i was so sad but few weeks later, i think 2 weeks later, i got an invite to another interview (i cant remember the date but should be start of aug). but i am sure i did not send in my application another time. when i went for the interview, i learnt that other fellow interviewees also sent in for the same recruitment but were not invited for the 2nd july interview, instead they were invited for the aug interview. i heard that the number of ppl applying is so large that they have to divide the group into 2, scheduled for 2 different interview dates. from the last recruitment exercise, the one in oct, i think the same thing happen too.

what i am trying to say is, since like me, both of u have actually sent in your application quite late, we might have been scheduled for the later interview date. i am now thinking, since we are not invited for the 7th jan interview, why not continue to check ur mailbox and look forward to a possible invite 2 weeks later? i am not trying to give u girls false hope, i am also waiting eagerly for my invite, and i hope this time round it works the same way too.

anyway, i think alot of ppl here actually are worried abt ur age being older than what they expect, or ur photo being ugly/not full-body shot/ not formally dressed etc. from what i know, i think they dun really judge from your applications. they will actually invite all ppl who sent in their application for an interview, from there they will start axing ppl. if they actually did go thru the applications and photos and details so carefully, how can they not notice that there are ppl who sent in their application both by snail mail and email, and yet still send them 2 invites? i really dun think they start choosing candidates from the applications.

just my thots....

pinkpluspinky :P

EaStSider~

Re: Guys - Body Check?

Post by EaStSider~ » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:45 pm

sq_boy wrote:
Plavt wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hi Guys,
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?

Nobody seems to know on the issue the men's appearance. However, you will need to be clean shaven of course and not be to overweight so don't eat too many suet puddings before you attend the interview. :D :D :D :P :P

Plavt.
Thanks Plavt....good advice :wink:
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: dun despair!

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:53 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:
queenie-me wrote:

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.
you're not alone for not being shortlisted. i am so.. upset. well, we can try again next time. ;)

hi girls,

if u ever follow this thread right from the start, u would have notice that i actually posted another similar msg some time ago.

anyway, what i wanna say is, like u girls, i have sent my application quite late, towards the end of the recruitment drive (i think it should be on the friday b4 the closing date). yet i have not received my invite to the interview as well.

i have actually applied for the july recruitment. the interview date stated on the website is actually 2nd july. but i did not get the invite for 2nd july. i was so sad but few weeks later, i think 2 weeks later, i got an invite to another interview (i cant remember the date but should be start of aug). but i am sure i did not send in my application another time. when i went for the interview, i learnt that other fellow interviewees also sent in for the same recruitment but were not invited for the 2nd july interview, instead they were invited for the aug interview. i heard that the number of ppl applying is so large that they have to divide the group into 2, scheduled for 2 different interview dates. from the last recruitment exercise, the one in oct, i think the same thing happen too.

what i am trying to say is, since like me, both of u have actually sent in your application quite late, we might have been scheduled for the later interview date. i am now thinking, since we are not invited for the 7th jan interview, why not continue to check ur mailbox and look forward to a possible invite 2 weeks later? i am not trying to give u girls false hope, i am also waiting eagerly for my invite, and i hope this time round it works the same way too.

anyway, i think alot of ppl here actually are worried abt ur age being older than what they expect, or ur photo being ugly/not full-body shot/ not formally dressed etc. from what i know, i think they dun really judge from your applications. they will actually invite all ppl who sent in their application for an interview, from there they will start axing ppl. if they actually did go thru the applications and photos and details so carefully, how can they not notice that there are ppl who sent in their application both by snail mail and email, and yet still send them 2 invites? i really dun think they start choosing candidates from the applications.

just my thots....

wow! thanks alot. you made my hopes gone up. i really hope to get an invite. just an invite to prove them what it takes to be a cabin crew. hopefully they will send an invite on my birthday (12 jan) just like a birthday treat. ;)

EaStSider~

Post by EaStSider~ » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:55 pm

sq_boy wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?

Nobody seems to know on the issue the men's appearance. However, you will need to be clean shaven of course and not be to overweight so don't eat too many suet puddings before you attend the interview. :D :D :D :P :P

Plavt.
Thanks Plavt....good advice :wink:

Hey man! Juz wanna add that you guys need not worry that the body check will be very stringent.It will be done juz b4 the swimming/confidence test.Juz as long you dun hav huge scars or anythin like that,you shld be alryte.As for the macho types,nah average build wld be fine 2...think wad is impt is how u present urself,ur confidence level n so on....N juz want to add one impt point,try to put sum effort into ur dressing.Coz i've seen ppl who are knocked out just for not putting on a tie,going there in jeans...etc.Gud luck to all! :D
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: dun despair!

Post by Paige » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:58 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:
queenie-me wrote:

hi girls,

just my thots....

Hey Pinkpluspinky,

Wat u said is true, coz this is wat happen to me in November... =)
So... all cabin crew wannabes dun give up k?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

ZUNBO

medical check up

Post by ZUNBO » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:20 am

i have a friend who got into sunday slots .however he have partial color blind , therefore he feels like giving up.Anyone can advise whether SIA accept ?

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Inspiration

Post by hiccup » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:41 am

Plavt wrote:Just think about your working day as a steward. As I've said to others take your notepad and spend a day at the airport even go on a short flight.

Those that are already cabin crew won't mind talking to you - the basement area of the airport is where you always find some since the ATM's , banks, supermarkets, doctors is there.
Best of luck. Plavt.
jerlyn wrote:... ... I just came back from a spin at the airport on sunday.. saw the FA..
Had a wonderful ice-cream meal at T1 viewing mall with my friend just now. After that, "look-see-look-see" and we both discovered Changi T1 improved lots of things. T1 may look nothing change, but it did have some changes at closer examine.

One obvious thing that has never changed. That is the Community-Chest donation-box never been filled. When my friend broke this out to me, I laughed. While my friend was looking at the donation box, commenting ‘siar-sway’ how come so many foreign currencies and where are those Yusof Ishak notes?

Wah…I was shocked when he dug out those change (change received from ice-cream had earlier) and donated all. “Now visitors to Singapore can see more Yusof Ishak faces in our very own local donation box and that won’t be shameful being as a Mr. S.R. Nathan’s citizen
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

EaStSider~

Re: medical check up

Post by EaStSider~ » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 1:21 am

ZUNBO wrote:i have a friend who got into sunday slots .however he have partial color blind , therefore he feels like giving up.Anyone can advise whether SIA accept ?
Hi ZUNBO...I guess maybe it depends on the colours he have trouble seeing...besides they will have a medical checkup which includes eyesight and colour-blindness...If itz not too sirius,itz no harm going for it. :wink:

ecaf

Post by ecaf » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 8:21 am

Heh I'm skinny too, and moreover I don't have good skin :? But wat the heck, let's just give it a shot. I'm 80% riding on pure luck here :P

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:33 am

superpinkystar wrote:
jerlyn wrote:Hi Hippcup, Julie, wawa, trish, M, pinkystar...*if only I can rem all the names here that I talked to*
btw, Even If I had not pass the first 2 rounds I was thinking abt the swimming test, does it require one to do the standardise backstroke, with the arms moving backwards.. :P
I just came back from a spin at the airport on sunday.. saw the FA.. **inspiring**
hello!!
for the swimming test. you can only swim backstroke. no other styles allowed. once you jumped from the mock plane of 3m high into the pool. you are to quickly turned around and swim backwards. remember!!!! those who are afraid of water and heights,DO NOT LET IT get to your head!! just jump okay? because once they know you panic, you are out immediately. :?
Thanks, Grace!
BEstest luck to all! Cheers~~~ anyone..8.40am??sat?
:D

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: 8th Jan

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:38 am

M wrote:
garychien wrote:So from Day 1 to Day 2, how long does it takes? or is it jus the next day? or from day 2 till day 3...

sorry abt the long msg...
Depends? Day 2 might be on the following week and Day 3, 3 weeks after? It has been that case but for recent intake for Oct, I'm not too sure.

"M" is so helpful... odd to address someone as 'M'
How did you know so much and so detailed information?
ok, I shouldn't be so kpo.. but we all appreciate your replies, so nice of you!!! oh ya..
Stewards to be... stay calm and collected...good luck befall to all!
:D

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:45 am

M wrote:
Greetings Jerlyn! Well I swam freestyle across without having any lifejacket on for last. I reckon it's your own choice but preferably do it backstroke. You will need to adapt that to save a "passenger" eh?

reciprocate with a warm greeting to you! you kind advice noted...oftentimes i swim backstroke w/o the arms really moving backwards, somehow its more comfortable and better swim for me..
Thanks a lot...
HAve a Fabulous New Year! I am looking forward to the interview.. really happy and excited..:D

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

HICCUP

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:49 am

Hiccup is such an entertainer! its really enjoyable to view his replies.. :lol:
thanks for making my day!