Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 9:26 am

lein wrote:
monagy3 wrote:hey anyone has any news about the recent management inerview..how did it go? any information at all?? wott did they ask..how many got selected??
today there were 12 gals...10 got through. well general qns like what was asked in the first one-to-one interview. so no worries

Hi Lein,

Mind me asking how many interviewers are there for the mgmnt interview? Were you required to give a speech or any topic/scenario to talk about?
If not mistaken, i tot i hrd tt a speech is sought during a short briefing (after the water confidence test) in November.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 3:12 pm

Beagle_lover wrote:
lein wrote:
monagy3 wrote:hey anyone has any news about the recent management inerview..how did it go? any information at all?? wott did they ask..how many got selected??
today there were 12 gals...10 got through. well general qns like what was asked in the first one-to-one interview. so no worries

Hi Lein,

Mind me asking how many interviewers are there for the mgmnt interview? Were you required to give a speech or any topic/scenario to talk about?
If not mistaken, i tot i hrd tt a speech is sought during a short briefing (after the water confidence test) in November.
There will be 2, either HR managers or VPs? I had a HR manager and a VP I believed while my friend had 2 HR managers. Questions posed vary, from your job employment to scenerio based questions. It's hard to narrow them down. Just be prepared.

M :cool:

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 3:30 pm

M wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
lein wrote: today there were 12 gals...10 got through. well general qns like what was asked in the first one-to-one interview. so no worries

Hi Lein,

There will be 2, either HR managers or VPs? I had a HR manager and a VP I believed while my friend had 2 HR managers. Questions posed vary, from your job employment to scenerio based questions. It's hard to narrow them down. Just be prepared.

Thanks M....

My management interview is tomorrow and i really gotta prepare myself. I'm a bit worry cos i have never experienced any situation where i had to handle a disgruntled customer. Lets say, if the interviewers were to ask me to explain anything on how i would handle such scenario, i'll be so DEAD!

:cry:

lene67

Post by lene67 » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 4:46 pm

Beagle_lover wrote:
M wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
Hi Lein,

Thanks M....

My management interview is tomorrow and i really gotta prepare myself. I'm a bit worry cos i have never experienced any situation where i had to handle a disgruntled customer. Lets say, if the interviewers were to ask me to explain anything on how i would handle such scenario, i'll be so DEAD!

I feel that it kinda depends on your working experience / what you are working as now. I was not asked any of the customer service questions / scenario questions yesterday. Probably due to that I am not working in a service line currently?
There were 3 interviewers yesterday by the way, but the VP asked most of the questions.. :)

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 6:01 pm

lene67 wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
M wrote: There will be 2, either HR managers or VPs? I had a HR manager and a VP I believed while my friend had 2 HR managers. Questions posed vary, from your job employment to scenerio based questions. It's hard to narrow them down. Just be prepared.

Thanks M....

I feel that it kinda depends on your working experience / what you are working as now. I was not asked any of the customer service questions / scenario questions yesterday. Probably due to that I am not working in a service line currently?
There were 3 interviewers yesterday by the way, but the VP asked most of the questions.. :)

Thanks Lene,

Your info very useful....

lein

Re: SIA

Post by lein » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:08 pm

jozo wrote:Lein,

were your interview held in Singapore or Malaysia ?
What was the tea party like ? Were the 10 of you divided into 2 groups and each group stood in a semi circle and listen to what the interviewer has to say ? any interviewer standing nearby observing you all ?

Monagy,
only 17 of you all attending ? the guy was eliminated ?
my interview was held in singapore. tea party was like all of us stood in a group. we just had our teas and some light food, while the interviewers will just step out to talk to us for like 5 mins. its not like some big social event like what the "tea party" sounds...not really observing. just talking. so its fairly simple..no worries! :)

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:30 pm

Lein,
Thanks for your info.
May I ask were you required to ask questions or just simply stand there and listen to what the interviewer has to say during the tea party ?

lein

Re: SIA

Post by lein » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:12 am

jozo wrote:Lein,
Thanks for your info.
May I ask were you required to ask questions or just simply stand there and listen to what the interviewer has to say during the tea party ?
well its really just a casual chit chat. u wan u may ask questions but normally its the interviewers talking :)

*ariunaa

cabin crew

Post by *ariunaa » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 2:07 pm

hi everyone :D
I am mongolian. so do anyone know about the information of cabin crew for foreigner? do we have any chance to be a cabin crew of sia? and also how are they doing their interview? i have no idea about this.

i really wanna know whether they are recruiting foreigner or not. please help me

*ariunaa

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by *ariunaa » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 2:35 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.
hi elizabeth. Im mongolian and wanna know that do i have chance to be stewardess of sia? were there many stewardess girls of foreigner when u were flight attendant? please help me

*ariunaa

Re: =)

Post by *ariunaa » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 2:58 pm

monagy3 wrote:
KT wrote:No complains here ! I m happy with the way things are ! :P

Pvalt, on a side note ...mmm....conventionally sexist means descrimination based on sex .... so i would like to know what abt the male stewards ... are they not scrutinised in the same way during selection by the airline ? If they are also 'nitpicked' by appearances , i guess the problem would be "looks based descrimination" rather than sexism ? what say you.
monagy3 wrote: i agree whole heartedly with you..they put too much emphasis on appearence here...but i guess wot they want is someone pleasing to the eye and someone who is ever ready to do the slsightest bidding of a passenger..furthermore...there are to many applicants...so they try their very best to pick only the best and also they look for the smallest flaw in order to reject u...its quite disheartening to see ..when u noe u deserve the position and they tell u, u have blemishes on ur face and u r rejected but u have a degree in telecomunication engineering and u r beautifull and sophisticated...*SAD*.. but they have every right to be picky i guess.... :???:

i dont think they r sexist..although the steward intake is alwiz considerably less than the stewardess intake...but the reasons for that has already been stated by previous threads...i think they r purely based on looks and of coz on also on how u carry urself..language and everything like that..sumtimes..being snoby looking can be mistaken for confidence..i guess that explains the snobby looking stewardesses..although i do feel that wes houldnt judge a book by its cover =P...n thanx reenita..i do hope imake it all the way till the very end...

alyona

Post by alyona » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 3:17 pm

monagy3 wrote:
mamom wrote:thanks monagy....by the way, how old r u? tomorrow is the tea party rite...must share with me after the party ya..
im 23 :D my tea party is on friday 2nd Dec...i am really hoping id get thru it...but if i dont.ill still try my best to give u as much information as i can....[/quote

hi today is ur a tea party right so anyway hope u have passed ur one of the steps. goodluck to u....... :)

u guys are lucky. but we dun have chance to get a job as stewardess for sia because we are foreigner.
happygirl

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by Plavt » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 8:10 pm

*ariunaa wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.
hi elizabeth. Im mongolian and wanna know that do i have chance to be stewardess of sia? were there many stewardess girls of foreigner when u were flight attendant? please help me
Unfortunately since you retired things have changed a number of people myself included find the service is not as good as it was. Possibly because there are a lot of new and inexperienced staff. The food on board is nothing out of the ordinary: pre-packed. As for there not being any 'monkey business' on board perhaps you should read the papers.

Plavt.

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:06 pm

Monagy,

How did your final interview go ? How was the tea session ? Can share with us some tips/advice ?

reenita

hi

Post by reenita » Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:59 pm

hi what u guys think of enrolling in a cabin crew course will it help u get the job in cabin crew better???