Singapore Expats Forum

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Mushroom
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Mushroom » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 5:34 pm

becrew wrote:yes, the address contains #sign... that is what it shows on the newspaper.
Yup agree there is a "#" on the email address shown on the newspaper. I haven sent the email. But may i ask other than CV, is there any other things we need to attached? Like photograph or application form?

Anyone has problem sending to the email?
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

bijou
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:56 pm
Location: singapore

Post by bijou » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:17 pm

hi, is cathay strict in skin condition?

ping29
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:37 am
Location: singapore

Post by ping29 » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:24 pm

hi everyone,

im facing the same problem here.. i cant send out my email to that address on newspaper.. any idea how??
thanks

qan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 8:25 pm

Post by qan86 » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:28 pm

reading from the other thread, i think there isnt any '#' in the email. can try. hmm... i read thru the other thread, any current sin-based crews care to share their experience?

someone did mention its abt 70 hrs flight time a mth. pardon me if i'm wrong, SIN-HKG is 4 hrs, if it's a turnabout, that means a day will take abt 8 hrs. if it's 70hrs a mth, then working schedule will only be like 10+ days?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005 2:13 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Plavt » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:09 pm

qan86 wrote: someone did mention its abt 70 hrs flight time a mth. pardon me if i'm wrong, SIN-HKG is 4 hrs, if it's a turnabout, that means a day will take abt 8 hrs. if it's 70hrs a mth, then working schedule will only be like 10+ days?
I couldn't tell you how many working days you will get in a month but you can be sure the working day will be way past 8 hours. Consider SIA flight on same route: leave Singapore 08.30 arrive HKG around 11.30 return leaving HKG 13.30 arrive in Singapore 16.30. You have to be there two hours ahead of the departure time which means getting up even earlier and delays leaving Hong Kong are not unheard of.... :(

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:59 pm

there isnt a #.

i sent to the add sinbase@cathaypacific.com the last time and got shortlisted. that's what all of us did last time. :)

becrew
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2008 1:10 am

Post by becrew » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:25 am

I double check again the newspaper and it is #sign! today I sent out my CV and I have not got any invalid e-mail address message so far! I guess it works for me!

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by whitepetals » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:43 am

well, i dont know how true it is, but some emails do allow u to send out to invalid email accounts...

i have a previous email from cx asking me to go down for interview and its from sinbase@cathaypacific.com ... so if u're worried just try both. i reckon cx will take some time to reply cos the deadline is still far far away...

Dylla
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:49 am
Location: Northern of Singapore

Post by Dylla » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 1:09 pm

whitepetals wrote:well, i dont know how true it is, but some emails do allow u to send out to invalid email accounts...

i have a previous email from cx asking me to go down for interview and its from sinbase@cathaypacific.com ... so if u're worried just try both. i reckon cx will take some time to reply cos the deadline is still far far away...
Thanks dear for the suggestion..

User avatar
viper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 6:53 pm

Post by viper » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 1:40 pm

Hi folks,

I sent out application email to sinbase@cathaypacific.com, it works. Shall wait for call , good luck to you guys too.

qan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 8:25 pm

Post by qan86 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 9:26 pm

Plavt wrote:
qan86 wrote: someone did mention its abt 70 hrs flight time a mth. pardon me if i'm wrong, SIN-HKG is 4 hrs, if it's a turnabout, that means a day will take abt 8 hrs. if it's 70hrs a mth, then working schedule will only be like 10+ days?
I couldn't tell you how many working days you will get in a month but you can be sure the working day will be way past 8 hours. Consider SIA flight on same route: leave Singapore 08.30 arrive HKG around 11.30 return leaving HKG 13.30 arrive in Singapore 16.30. You have to be there two hours ahead of the departure time which means getting up even earlier and delays leaving Hong Kong are not unheard of.... :(
hey thanks! i understand the part where crews have to prepare 2 hours in advance. Just curious how will typical SIN-HKG-SIN day will be like. Thanks again! =)

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 9:19 pm
Location: spore

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 5:48 pm

so.. is it mainly turnarounds or is there layovers included?

User avatar
Blade
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:13 am

Why do you think they are recruiting again and again

Post by Blade » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 9:41 pm

''Just curious how will typical SIN-HKG-SIN day will be like?'' basically you remain in the aircraft 8 hrs and do a shuttle service between Sin and HK.

Someone described it as:Like going from Tampines to Woodlands and back in an SBS bus!

Hate to be a pooper but: it's a tough job.You only fly Sin-Hkg-Sin x 3 times a day.Then Sin-Sri Lanka-Sin.Maybe night stop in Crew hotel at HK airport. A very shite hotel.Very tough turn-around flying all day. And you have to serve Singaporeans too! Lots of them!! They will tell you all day ''SQ in Better!''

Why do you think they are recruiting again and again and again..

qan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 8:25 pm

Post by qan86 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:21 pm

i guess the whole thing about customer service is that passengers/clients/customers will always say XXX is always better. i believe there are also SQ passengers who say XXX is better.

humans are not that easy to please after all..
LOL!

thanks for sharing. =)

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Why do you think they are recruiting again and again

Post by Lovely shan » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:01 pm

Blade wrote:''Just curious how will typical SIN-HKG-SIN day will be like?'' basically you remain in the aircraft 8 hrs and do a shuttle service between Sin and HK.

Someone described it as:Like going from Tampines to Woodlands and back in an SBS bus!

Hate to be a pooper but: it's a tough job.You only fly Sin-Hkg-Sin x 3 times a day.Then Sin-Sri Lanka-Sin.Maybe night stop in Crew hotel at HK airport. A very shite hotel.Very tough turn-around flying all day. And you have to serve Singaporeans too! Lots of them!! They will tell you all day ''SQ in Better!''

Why do you think they are recruiting again and again and again..

Hi,

u mean SIN-Hkg sector do 3 times? A DAY?! i dun get what u mean....

by the way contract for CX how long ar?

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest