Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Cx new route

Post by Paige » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 5:31 pm

jas_ps wrote:There's a new route CX 636 and CX 635 to/from Hong Kong start from 1st Aug. I think that's why we would fly now only to Hong Kong and will have 2nights stay over as the last flight time to Hong Kong is at 8:30pm and reach HK 12am+.

Nice to meet you all, pray hard to pass everything so we all can be collegues!
Dear all,

jas_ps is right.. :)
I would like to let you know that all overnite allowance in hk will be paid in hk dollars when you check in at the cx hotel.
My advise to all who are goin for the medical, please follow up closely on your medical report status.. becoz previously in my batch there were a few gals their medical reports were delayed and affected their training.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 8:31 pm

Paige wrote: Dear all,

I would like to let you know that all overnite allowance in hk will be paid in hk dollars when you check in at the cx hotel.
My advise to all who are goin for the medical, please follow up closely on your medical report status.. becoz previously in my batch there were a few gals their medical reports were delayed and affected their training.

Cheers!
Hi Paige, can let us know which hotel it is in HK? So now with the additional flights, it's possible to have 2 nights layover in HK?

Also, how do we follow up closely for our medical? As in, follow up with the clinic or with the CX side?

Thanks! :D

bijou

Post by bijou » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 10:18 pm

Hi All,

Anyone asked to go further medical checkup? :?

limsophia

Post by limsophia » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 9:55 am

bijou wrote:Hi All,

So far nope.. =)

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:14 am

floatingdog wrote:
Paige wrote: Dear all,

Cheers!
Hi Paige, can let us know which hotel it is in HK? So now with the additional flights, it's possible to have 2 nights layover in HK?

Also, how do we follow up closely for our medical? As in, follow up with the clinic or with the CX side?

Thanks! :D
Hi floatingdog,

As for the 2 nights layover in HK, i cant realli advise on this.
As for the medical report, u need to follow up both at the cx side as well as the clinic side.. becoz i had seen the clinic missed out asking the applicant to go bk to medical retest and therefore delay and didnt manage to join us in the batch. And normalli they will tell u that no news is gd news..ooh well.. it depends.. what i saw in a few cases is that there was a ball drop.. and no news.. means ball drop as well..
during my batch, quite alot failed on the urine test.And if retake, u need to pay urself. Dat time i tot drink more water should be safe.. but i was wrong.. ur water intake before medical, juz be normal. :wink:
The report will take average a week to come out.

Lastly, all the best to all of you and good luck!! :wink:

Cheers!

Edited by Moderator: Please see you PM - important.

limsophia

Post by limsophia » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Paige,
May i know what is the salary range in cx. My friend told me it is about 1.8k. And i'm not sure if this amt is after CPF or before. Hope you can advise on this. Thank you. =)

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 1:12 am

Dear all,

let me advise you on the routes which u will be flying if u are selected.

SIN-HK (day 1)
HK-BKK-SIN (day 2)

OR
SIN-BKK-HK(day 1)
HK-SIN(day 2)

you will be doing this pattern 3 times, then will get 2 days rest..
remember that all allowance will be paid in hk dollars when u check in at the hotel.
As for the flying allowance, u will only be paid when the engine start and when the engine stop. Which is about <4hrs for a sin-hk flt. :)

Please also take note to those who will get selected. when u reach there for training, u will need to pay for dental for cx to keep a dental record. This was not mentioned during our offer session.. all of us felt abit cheated when we reach there, then was asked to pay with no choice.. its like extra $$ to fork out lor.. of coz during the 6 weeks training, u will get allowance oso lah.. =)

Cheers!

Eclair

hello

Post by Eclair » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:32 am

purple.sara wrote:Theres a quota for every recruitment and especially for a small outport base for CX in SIN there will be no further interviews until most likely next year depending on the company if they are intending to expand the base or jus hire enough to make the base hav enough ppl to fly as a team.

Congrats to those who have made it to the finals and going for medical and eng assesment anytime soon. All the best & enjoy the training.
:D

Eclair

Any news after medical?

Post by Eclair » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:35 am

limsophia wrote:
bijou wrote:Hi All,

So far nope.. =)
:D I had to do further check. Done already. It was ok. Now waiting for news. Anyone got any news?

miss.goldilocks

Post by miss.goldilocks » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:21 am

I was called up to do a re-urine test, tomorrow.. It's been a long wait.. *worried worried*

Eclair

Post by Eclair » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 4:26 pm

I went to MHC today and realised I had to do additional blood test. :-|
I know i've a minor condition called Beta Thalasemia.

jas_ps

Check up

Post by jas_ps » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:39 am

Hi Eclair,

Sorry did MHC call you or you went back to follow up? As I thought everything was ok for you?

Eclair

Post by Eclair » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 4:41 pm

MHC called me last week for my own doctor's report but I told them my doctor & I don't have it since it was 10yrs ago. I thought settled already as MHC said will send my report to HK & see what they say. Sat I went there on my own to check if they have sent my report, then realised I still have to do blood test.

kahmun1989

Post by kahmun1989 » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 4:57 pm

I called MHC to check if my report is fine because I did not receive any calls from them to go back for re-test but the clinic sayid that they can't advise anything through the phone. I'm still wondering if I should call them up tomorrow. It has been a long wait.

Eclair

Post by Eclair » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:26 pm

When I went down on Sat, I asked if my report has been sent to HK, the person said they can't tell me this, then I asked if I need to do further check, then the person checked & found out tt I need to do blood test.