Singapore Expats

SIA Walk-in intv on 20 October

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aphrokittee

Post by aphrokittee » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 4:53 pm

bearbear wrote:Hi all FS wannabes!!! I have this huge scar at the back of my leg. You know, those kinda scars caused by bike's exhaust. Will i be shortlisted due to this?
i doubt SIA will mind scars on the legs for men, since they wear long pants during work. why not give the walk-in a try? you've got nothing to lose ;)

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 4:53 pm

bearbear wrote:Hi all FS wannabes!!! I have this huge scar at the back of my leg. You know, those kinda scars caused by bike's exhaust. Will i be shortlisted due to this?
you can try... shouldn't be a prob.. coz it can be covered by the uniform..

i suggest you declare it on the application form as well.. :wink:
Soaring above all

bearbear

Post by bearbear » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 5:31 pm

aphrokittee wrote:
i doubt SIA will mind scars on the legs for men, since they wear long pants during work. why not give the walk-in a try? you've got nothing to lose ;)
Huh, i'm a female leh.

lisy6806

Post by lisy6806 » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 6:31 pm

anyone got any idea if i could apply with n level with private sch diploma but with strong background in customer service line??

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 9:34 pm

Hello to all, I would just like to wish EVERYONE the very best of luck! We shall all shine tomorrow! Just remember to stand tall, feel & look confident and think that the interviewers are damn lucky to meet us :D It's my 4th attempt so i hope to bloody well get it!

Love to all :D

aphrokittee

Post by aphrokittee » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:39 pm

bearbear wrote: Huh, i'm a female leh.
my apologies.

ilya

Post by ilya » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 1:02 pm

I wonder how other peeps fare, today i went for the interview, and the interviewer was this specky guy, the group before us, no one got chosen and our group no one got chosen as well. Some gals in my group were very well groomed and speak very well, infact some of them even got to the 3rd round before which makes me wonder, what exactly they are looking out for.

so tough

tare_90

Post by tare_90 » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 1:26 pm

ilya wrote:I wonder how other peeps fare, today i went for the interview, and the interviewer was this specky guy, the group before us, no one got chosen and our group no one got chosen as well. Some gals in my group were very well groomed and speak very well, infact some of them even got to the 3rd round before which makes me wonder, what exactly they are looking out for.

so tough
Hi there ,

I was in the quite early group today .
My group was also interview by this specky guy and a lady .
Hmm ..
My group also none of them go in and I feel some of them speak well too ( command of english and confident level ) .

so dissapointed ..

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:01 pm

Hi all,

How was it today? I intended to go but too tired after studying for my exams. How's the getting in rate?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:08 pm

Hello ppl...

hope everyone is doing fine..

me i fail @ second round... this time round it seems they were quite strict @ kebaya & skin check lo...

anyway, i was in group 27 no.1..
my qns post for round one was "what you did to make the environment friendly?"

haiz.. my 8th attempts.. fail again... now waiting for next one liao..
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:12 pm

venie, dont give up ok? we go for the next one together! i didn't make it for the interview today.

tare_90

Post by tare_90 » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:19 pm

hi venie ,

at least you got to the second round out of so many applicant today.
you are still only a little a way .
my is still a big way ahead , can;t even clear round 1 . .

hopefully , the next interview will be soon .

:wink:

ojo

Post by ojo » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:48 pm

Hi all.
I actually missed the interview today!!! How sad.
Wonder when will the next walk-in be. I must make it the next time round. Its a promise to myself.
Heard that the interviewers were strict today. Lets hope the next next one will be a better one for eveyone.
Cheers.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:04 pm

ilya wrote:I wonder how other peeps fare, today i went for the interview, and the interviewer was this specky guy, the group before us, no one got chosen and our group no one got chosen as well. Some gals in my group were very well groomed and speak very well, infact some of them even got to the 3rd round before which makes me wonder, what exactly they are looking out for.

so tough
yeah, for mine the interviewer was also that guy! He seemed very strict and unfriendly... dunnoe how they judge... Btw which grp r u in?

softie

Post by softie » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:22 pm

i went tor the interview today. none of my group members got selected! so sad.

as i was waiting for my turn to be interviewed, saw the previous group people who were being selected as their names were called... i thought their group has so many ladies who were very well groom and pretty and elegant. i thought they would be selected but they got booted out instead... in fact, i saw another girl who doesnt have any makeup on her face and she got in! she looks kind of flabby....

i guess looks arent important at all...

sad sad