Singapore Expats

SINGAPORE AIRLINES Local Cabin Crew - Write In Application

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Marshm3llow

Post by Marshm3llow » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 6:56 pm

Another point is perhaps most of you are "regular" applicants(some banned, some went earlier), not many newbies here.. hence even when there is a new interview date, we weren't aware. What u ppl reckon?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most significant change in person's life is a change in attitude. Right attitudes produce right actions.

kooperho

Post by kooperho » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 7:40 pm

Wonder whether they really hit the quota for guys or not coz as far as i know, there's a lot of guys always get eliminated in the first round, its like only 9 out of 10 get eliminated. Anyone went to try for interview last weekend for SATS(Singapore Airport Terminal Service)? I went for the medical checkup...dun know whether is it likely confirm i get the job? Anyone same situation with me?
La la di la la!!

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 7:46 pm

in SIA, there is really something called "Blacklist"...i have no idea how is the blacklisted derived....but apparently, there is....

...i believe the walk in is comin soon, so just be alittle patient.... :)...
.CEL.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 8:46 pm

CelT wrote:in SIA, there is really something called "Blacklist"...i have no idea how is the blacklisted derived....but apparently, there is....

...i believe the walk in is comin soon, so just be alittle patient.... :)...
i think as long as you dun violent any of the regulations or any T&C
i.e: misconduct, rude, dun obey their instructions bla bla bla...
if u guai guai den should be fine la...
Soaring above all

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 8:58 pm

Hi everyone,
just a little encouragement :D one of my trainer mentioned that SIA is still short of cabin crew, it's a good sign that the airline is doing well!

so please don't be give up trying, all the best!
:kiss:

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:00 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:Hi everyone,
just a little encouragement :D one of my trainer mentioned that SIA is still short of cabin crew, it's a good sign that the airline is doing well!

so please don't be give up trying, all the best!
:kiss:
hey autumn-reverie!
hows training? i guess you're having ur training flights currently n will be graduating soon? :D

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 1:02 am

From what i heard from my steward fren, since august abt 500 staff resigned. so if each batch is 20-40 ppl, how many more staff do u think they need?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Post by calvink » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 1:20 am

hey all.. i found this korean video about flight attendant....quite funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX2bgSdT ... ed&search=

do watch episode 2 part 1 - 4 as well as episode 3

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 5:03 am

kooperho wrote:Wonder whether they really hit the quota for guys or not coz as far as i know, there's a lot of guys always get eliminated in the first round, its like only 9 out of 10 get eliminated. Anyone went to try for interview last weekend for SATS(Singapore Airport Terminal Service)? I went for the medical checkup...dun know whether is it likely confirm i get the job? Anyone same situation with me?
likely yes but not confirmed, you can be rejected without a reason as well so keep your options opened and good luck
"City of Ang3Ls"

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:25 pm

anyone went for yest's 11th Sept walk-in??

care to share with us??
Soaring above all

alfaromeo

I WENT!!

Post by alfaromeo » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 7:04 pm

VeniE wrote:anyone went for yest's 11th Sept walk-in??

care to share with us??
hello All!! i went for 11th September 07, 1++pm, interview. Though I am only 1.56m, I am still called in for the group interview round. I failed though. I was an utter nerve wreck!! i couldnt believe myself!! I was soooo nervous, I stammered! I felt so stupid. Haha. Nevertheless, I am still not going to give up! I will try again for the next walk -in.

PS: For wendily, Im sorry, i was not able to attend the interview with u, as i just read my email one day after the interview.

PPS: For those who are less than 1.58m, no worries, I think they will give a leeway, if you are cut for it. Read up on the methods of stretching to increase your height. Yes, with the right technique, it IS possible. So SMILE :D ppl!
Miss Independent

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 9:44 pm

oohlala wrote: hey autumn-reverie!
hows training? i guess you're having ur training flights currently n will be graduating soon? :D
Hey dear!
how have you been? haha yes i just came back from my B744 training flights, will be flying off next week for my next fleet training :) I do hope to catch you around before i graduate, PM me when you're starting k?

Take care! :kiss:

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:45 pm

Just to re-iterate what autumn-reverie said, SIA is really in need of cabin crew. So just try again! With determination and a bit of luck I am sure we will be seeing you guys soon in STC! :)
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

optimusprime

Post by optimusprime » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:33 am

i want to join.. but i wasnt even invited for the first round of interview... :cry:

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 2:57 pm

optimusprime, dont give up! go for the next walk-in ok?