Singapore Expats

UNITED (extended deadline-6 JULY)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iamjia
Regular
Regular

Post by iamjia » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:45 pm

CelT wrote:After hearing from u all, seems like its not an ideal airline ti fly with....sad sad.... :(

Anyway, i went to hand delivered my application today.....
well, at least i tried....& no regrets.... :D

If they REALLY shortlist me, should i go for the interview?
:?

iamjia gal, u went to submit today too?
hello,
i couldn't make it today as today is the last day of my temp job.
so couldnt get half-day at all.oh well,buit i sure hope they shortlist you so you can gain more experience in preparation for emirates/sia:wink:

Ms G

Re: United Airlines

Post by Ms G » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 1:08 am

msppsm wrote:
Ms G wrote:girls, i got a call from them this morning. my interview's next monday. anyone else?
HI! Ms G,

United Airlines called u? Wish u good luck. May I know do u have any cabin crew or customer service background?
Hi,
sorry for the late reply. been really busy at work. hmm, i do not have any cabin crew experience.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:53 am

How long do they take to get back to you if u r shortlisted? :)
.CEL.

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:08 am

CelT wrote:How long do they take to get back to you if u r shortlisted? :)
2-3 days after you submit your application. I was shortlisted but later I decided not to go for it.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:03 pm

Why hero gal??
.CEL.

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 7:56 pm

CelT wrote:How long do they take to get back to you if u r shortlisted? :)
Hello, Celt.

Shortlisted as in? :) The final interview has already been held, we were told to wait for their call with regards to the offer.

Understand from the group discussion, the interviewers mention they would probably contact those shortlisted from tomorrow 13.07.07 onwards .. latest by coming Tuesday 17.07.07 then will be followed by a post-mail. Hope this helps. CHEERIOS!!!

Regards
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

hello

Post by calvink » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 8:31 pm

Hi...anyone who went for the interview care to share hows the process like.....

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hello

Post by rev12000 » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 9:05 pm

calvink wrote:Hi...anyone who went for the interview care to share hows the process like.....
Hmm ... Am fortunate to go through the rounds of interview, these are some info. that i could recall. Hope this helps. :)

Round.1 ::
Was to register your name with the H.R personel and she would assign a number to you. Next was to wait ouside and then proceed to the interview's room. The group was fairly large 'bout 25 people i assume. We were seated according to the number assign to us. There were four interviewers. They individually gave a self-introduction. They gave us a couple of minutes to compose ourselves and to do the introduction according to what's listed on the sheet of paper pasted on the four walls.
-Your name
-Your language
-Your Work Experience
-Your hobbies
-Why you want to be a RFA with United Airlines
After the final interviewee did her introduction, we were told to wait for their call the very afternoon should we be selected for the next round of interview.

Round.2 ::
Round 2 and the final round was on the very day itself. For myself, it was a group discussion first. We were in a group of 8 and were told to do a priority test on a sheet of paper. Then had to discuss among ourselves and agree on the top 3 priorities again. It was a pleasant discussion, not so stress. hehe! The interviewers would walk behind us and take notes. After the session, was a 1-1 interview.

Round.3 ::
The final round was basically nothing more than a Question and Answer process. Starting from a brief introduction of yourselves. The interviewers would question you on your education, past work experience, senorios cases etc cetra. [stress] :???:

After all rounds of interviews, am told to wait if there's a call this friday offering you the post. Lastest by 17.07.07 (Tuesday) then a post-mail will follow. CHEERIOS!!

Regards :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hello

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:55 am

:)

papaya

Post by papaya » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Rev,

Did you receive any call informing you got passed?

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:37 pm

papaya wrote:Hi Rev,

Did you receive any call informing you got passed?
Gal, did you? Gosh, the anticipation is killing me. Nope, not yet. Hope will be able to hear from them soon, cause latest is by coming Tuesday but i do have friends being called up already. :???: CHEERIOS!! :lol:

papaya

Post by papaya » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:51 pm

Rev, Are you Y..., whom I exchanged sms and talked to today???
She(if not you) mentioned the same thing, her friend got a call already... :? am frustrated...lol... :???:

i am taking if it was not today, i slipped out from it... just 2-3 might get calls by tuesday, in case the passers denied the offers....what do you think?

I really want to take the job... sigh...sigh.... :cry: :cry:

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:55 pm

Yup it's done based on a list - If someone rejects then a replacement will take over. Have fun...

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:59 pm

papaya wrote:Rev, Are you Y..., whom I exchanged sms and talked to today???
She(if not you) mentioned the same thing, her friend got a call already... :? am frustrated...lol... :???:

i am taking if it was not today, i slipped out from it... just 2-3 might get calls by tuesday, in case the passers denied the offers....what do you think?

I really want to take the job... sigh...sigh.... :cry: :cry:
GREAT, to see you here. YES YES YES, im Y and you are [G]? How you know the 16 vacancy has already been taken? Coz' i called the HR this evening, she mentioned that the interviewers are still going through the shortlisted. Thus, needs more time till coming Tuesday. OH, there goes my dream. :shock:

papaya

Post by papaya » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:59 pm

hi toygirl. thank you for the info. though..out of curiosity, how do you know that? you got the call?