Singapore Expats

Help (Still waiting for training scheduling call)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ang3lic

Help (Still waiting for training scheduling call)

Post by ang3lic » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 3:51 pm

Hi there everyone..

I went for the April recruitment and passed all the tests, including the mgmt's. I know they told us to wait 2 weeks for their call after the med check, which I also did.

I had put "anytime" when they asked me when I would be ready for employment and if I needed any pre-notice period.

Anyway, they called me approx on the 2nd week, but requested that I email them more details regarding some court case of mine. (I had initially put "traffic offense" on my application form but had not elaborate, thus they needed more info on it."

They told me to email my offense details to [email protected], which i also did promptly.

It has been 3 weeks coming 4 since that day they called me, which brings my total wait after medical checkup to be approx. 5-6 weeks.

I emailed them at the aboved address last tues asking them if I could check my status, giving them my contact and sorts, yet there had been no news received.

Now I'm uncertain of what is happening.. does anyone know? :cry:

Is there any number that I can call to ask of my status? Would it be rude? Cause they did say not to call them because they were busy..

Should I email them another time & to which email add would be the best?

If SIA does reject me in the end, would they call to tell me also??

Thanks in advance to those who might be replying this post~ :)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Re: Help (Still waiting for training scheduling call)

Post by buzzzybeebee » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 4:50 pm

ang3lic wrote:Hi there everyone..

I went for the April recruitment and passed all the tests, including the mgmt's. I know they told us to wait 2 weeks for their call after the med check, which I also did.

I had put "anytime" when they asked me when I would be ready for employment and if I needed any pre-notice period.

Anyway, they called me approx on the 2nd week, but requested that I email them more details regarding some court case of mine. (I had initially put "traffic offense" on my application form but had not elaborate, thus they needed more info on it."

They told me to email my offense details to [email protected], which i also did promptly.

It has been 3 weeks coming 4 since that day they called me, which brings my total wait after medical checkup to be approx. 5-6 weeks.

I emailed them at the aboved address last tues asking them if I could check my status, giving them my contact and sorts, yet there had been no news received.

Now I'm uncertain of what is happening.. does anyone know? :cry:

Is there any number that I can call to ask of my status? Would it be rude? Cause they did say not to call them because they were busy..

Should I email them another time & to which email add would be the best?

If SIA does reject me in the end, would they call to tell me also??

Thanks in advance to those who might be replying this post~ :)
Hi, i can understand how it feels to be kept waiting. But trying to put myself in theirs shoes, my guess is, they mgt be discussing/reviewing with the mgmt pple regarding ur court case. Which, often in such scenarios, takes a very long time since the pple in the mgmt level always take their time to respond... tat's just my guess... do be patient a little while more yah... :wink:

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 9:07 pm

Hi,

Don't you have a number that you can call?

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:20 pm

hey..

maybe u want to email sheryn loy. if you don't have her email, maybe you leave your email here, i'll email to you with her telephone number and email address, cuz i don't think it's appropriate to announce her contact details here.

i understand your anxiety.. take care! hope everyth turns out fine..

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 5:54 pm

DeeeNah: Errmm.. no there is no number given for us to call.

ihateveg: My email add is [email protected]. I appreciate your help.. thanks alot! Hope to hear from you soon~

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:14 pm

ang3lic wrote:DeeeNah: Errmm.. no there is no number given for us to call.

ihateveg: My email add is [email protected]. I appreciate your help.. thanks alot! Hope to hear from you soon~
mailed.. :)

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:45 pm

Hey.. I received a call from a HR executive just now, and she said she haven't received my mail. :o

Guess the mail failed to be sent, yet my mail did not inform me. :shock:

I've just emailed her my explanations once again. Anyway, thanks for those who replied, esp to ihateveg~ :)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 1:03 pm

Good luck! Do tell us when you are starting training :)

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 6:41 pm

no prob ang3lic :) hope to see you at stc! heh. still waiting for my medical results though :???: take care!

jamocaalmondfudge

Post by jamocaalmondfudge » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:08 pm

Dear ang3lic,

How's the progress with your application now? Are you in training already?

I also went through the interview process and medical check-up, and am now waiting for them to contact me. This is the fourth week since the medical check-up, so am a wee bit concerned too.