Singapore Expats

The reality of being an SQ GAL

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Vortex

Post by Vortex » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 7:44 pm

Plavt wrote:
Vortex wrote: Anyway hope the guy got his balls chopped...for taking advantage of the poor gal...
He may get more than that, rape can carry the death penalty in the UAE.
Yep...agree he may get hanged for that....That's bit sad, ain't it?...
Anyway, in that case, can we request that they hang him by his balls then??? :D
Don't just dream,... Live it!!!! It's only 36 000 ft....

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 7:54 pm

^ :shock:

That's not going to kill him :lol:
Let's all pray for the victim, and hope she gets her justice.

Vortex

Post by Vortex » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 8:14 pm

chichi14 wrote:^ :shock:

That's not going to kill him :lol:
Let's all pray for the victim, and hope she gets her justice.
Yep...it's not going to be easy for the victim to get on with her life as normal, especially at work.....hope she'll be fine....

As for that fella,...i still want to hang him by his balls!!!..
and put some red ants on his little dice....they'll rape him to death..
:lol

*sorry dun want to be so mean but can't resist......
Don't just dream,... Live it!!!! It's only 36 000 ft....

Ode

Post by Ode » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:26 pm

Terrible
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:46 pm

Ode wrote:I thnk i can suggest stewardess to earn xtra cash by providing free services of such when they aboard... Thnk some thngs r open secrets in the airline industry oso. :p I thnk sometimes oso the women deserves it for being seductive & nt knowing how to protect herself. I've worked aboard b4 & i'm fine. Hmm maybe nt gd enf to provide any sexual stimulation to any men oso. Cannot, i'm a aspiring cabin crew, better nt talk too much rubbish on tiz forum... :p
What is this crap that I am hardly able to read because of your sloppy English that hardly makes sense. From what I understand obviously have a pig-headed and chauvinistic view to put it kindly. I find it hard to believe you are a woman, if you are then incredibly naive! How is woman seductive if you takes no interest in a man or if she is raped? That it is not seduction. 'Not knowing how to protect herself?' For god's sake what is that supposed to mean? OMG I have just looked at your last sentence - somebody tell me that's not true....argggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildcherry

Post by wildcherry » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:52 pm

Sorry had to remove post, please see sticky entitled 'IMPORTANT ALL USERS PLEASE NOTE'

Plavt

Moderator.

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 1:16 am

Plavt wrote:
Ode wrote:I thnk i can suggest stewardess to earn xtra cash by providing free services of such when they aboard... Thnk some thngs r open secrets in the airline industry oso. :p I thnk sometimes oso the women deserves it for being seductive & nt knowing how to protect herself. I've worked aboard b4 & i'm fine. Hmm maybe nt gd enf to provide any sexual stimulation to any men oso. Cannot, i'm a aspiring cabin crew, better nt talk too much rubbish on tiz forum... :p
What is this crap that I am hardly able to read because of your sloppy English that hardly makes sense. From what I understand obviously have a pig-headed and chauvinistic view to put it kindly. I find it hard to believe you are a woman, if you are then incredibly naive! How is woman seductive if you takes no interest in a man or if she is raped? That it is not seduction. 'Not knowing how to protect herself?' For god's sake what is that supposed to mean? OMG I have just looked at your last sentence - somebody tell me that's not true....argggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!
erm. from my point of view, Ode is rather confusing, her points dont really linked up. 1st she said she worked on board b4, so that suggested that she was a crew. but then she also said she is an aspiring crew? but anyway, it doesnt make sense to me.

she insinuated that some flight attendants may just sell their bodies to make extra money. not sure how true is this though, as i never heard about this from my SQ pals and i don't think any SQ gal will cheapen themselves to that extent.

to Ode,
why do u criticize the poor woman for not being able to protect herself? so are saying it takes two hands to clap? so u are suggesting the woman could have done something?

n i would also like to know what is the link between providing sexual stimulation to men and work here? to SQ gals , what would u think of this??
Last edited by starrynitezz on Sat, 06 Sep 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 1:57 am

starrynitezz wrote:
she insinuated that some flight attendants may just sell their bodies to make extra money. not sure how true is this though as i never heard about this from my SQ pals and i don't think any SQ gal will cheapen themselves to that extent.
Well starrynitezz,
Ode has obviously exaggerated a few things that may occur between less than a handful of individuals over a few years. Most of the girls are young and inexperienced, know little of the dangers that lurk abroad and are quite, quite innocent.

Regarding the event in Abu Dhabi; according to at least one account a member of the hotel staff let the offender into the girl's room. I do not know how true that is but if so then it is hardly her fault and can only hope they whip the a**** off the staff member. I feel very sorry for the wife the steward has betrayed since she and her children will suffer and to think she is pregnant with their second child - such a horrible situation. :(
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 06 Sep 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 2:04 am

i heard about that part too..God knows why the hotel staff do that. geez.

sigh. pity the missus.. to marry such a jerk

Ode

Post by Ode » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 5:28 pm

The case sounds dodgy to me. Yes, technically it does takes 2 hands to clap. You mean you can clap with 1 hand? Would like to see you do it. What really happened no1 knew.
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 5:46 pm

I read with shame on how a steward trained to an impeccable standard for a 5 star airline happen to rape a junior stewardess. It has happen many times in SIngapore AIrlines. Definitely gonna bring down its standard soon if more news spread across the media.

wildcherry

Post by wildcherry » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 6:56 pm

1)How true is it that SQ air/cabin crew sleep around with one another frequently when overseas, including threesomes & orgies?
2)Are pilots the one responsible for the appraisal of the cabin crew or is that now the job of the inflight supervisor?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 7:32 pm

in a basket, there surely must be rotten apples.

so i don think its fair to make a sweeping statement that only SQ crews are like this. i think this can exist in any industry.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 8:15 pm

Ode wrote:To starrynitezz,

I did not insinuate anything. It.

Ahem, this is from your original post;

I thnk i can suggest stewardess to earn xtra cash by providing free services of such when they aboard...

That implies that stewardesses are 'free and easy.' Saying 'it two hands to clap' is null and void if as in the one account I mentioned a member of the hotel staff let the offender in to her room.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 8:20 pm

wildcherry wrote:1)How true is it that SQ air/cabin crew sleep around with one another frequently when overseas, including threesomes & orgies?
2)Are pilots the one responsible for the appraisal of the cabin crew or is that now the job of the inflight supervisor?

I. Not very likely, most girls are young and don't even socialize much. In fact they often don't even interact with each other. There will of course be the occasional dalliance but that's only to be expected.

2. Can't be 100% certain but I would think senior cabin crew, doubt if the pilot would have much to do with it.

Starrynitez post sums up the situation pretty well.