Singapore Expats

Is Etihad Airways is International airline or budget airline

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sujoiedevivre

Is Etihad Airways is International airline or budget airline

Post by sujoiedevivre » Fri, 11 May 2007 5:33 pm

I got a call from etihad airways staff and selected for final interview these sunday via email. But i got an offence from my bf as he strictly not allowed me to attend for the interview as he doent believe on budget airline...so i'm so curious abt etihad airways?? whether it is budget airline or international airline...could anyone help me??so that i can phsyco my bf to allow me for attending the interview..hehhehehhe... :wink:

UrsulaJoan

Re: Is Etihad Airways is International airline or budget air

Post by UrsulaJoan » Fri, 11 May 2007 6:00 pm

sujoiedevivre wrote:I got a call from etihad airways staff and selected for final interview these sunday via email. But i got an offence from my bf as he strictly not allowed me to attend for the interview as he doent believe on budget airline...so i'm so curious abt etihad airways?? whether it is budget airline or international airline...could anyone help me??so that i can phsyco my bf to allow me for attending the interview..hehhehehhe... :wink:
I would think that if you are going for their final/managment interview this sunday, you would have at least have visited their website or know some basic background of the airline. Etihad is the national carrier of UAE (United Arab Emirates), so it is not a budget carrier.

Do bare in mind that you will be based in their country, in Doha, if i'm not wrong. Go for it and good luck!! :D

sujoiedevivre

thanz a lot!!

Post by sujoiedevivre » Fri, 11 May 2007 6:07 pm

i found that the salary wise is damn low~ and i dnt want to take a risk to stay in other country that long...hmmm...i dnt think so i'll be coming for the interview...btw do you have any idea for other vacancy at the moment for cabin crew?? i'll like to try for malaysia airline or silkair...how do you think??

UrsulaJoan

Re: thanz a lot!!

Post by UrsulaJoan » Fri, 11 May 2007 6:23 pm

sujoiedevivre wrote:i found that the salary wise is damn low~ and i dnt want to take a risk to stay in other country that long...hmmm...i dnt think so i'll be coming for the interview...btw do you have any idea for other vacancy at the moment for cabin crew?? i'll like to try for malaysia airline or silkair...how do you think??
How much is their salary? I think all airlines have a basic pay, and they will then give you your allowances when you start flying after training. Their allowances usually make up most of your salary, and it also depends on the routes you fly.

There shouldn't be any vacanies for silkair at the moment if I'm not wrong, because as soon as there is a opening at an airline the news will be posted in this forum almost immediately. Check out this forum from time to time for airline openings, you will find this place very informative, interesting and entertaining! There are also a lot of helpful people ard if you have any queries.

So where are you from? Malaysia? :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 11 May 2007 6:49 pm

sujoiedevivre wrote: whether it is budget airline or international airline...could anyone help me??
#-o

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Fri, 11 May 2007 8:40 pm

no budget airline would ever dream of operating a 777-300ER!!
haha..goodness, please don't waste the chance..

Jia

Post by Jia » Sat, 12 May 2007 12:05 am

Notice how many ppl reply this post against the number of views.

It is surprising that you have the world at your fingertips, you could locate this forum but you can't locate anything about Etihad Airways? Don't mean to be rude but maybe you need to do a little homework first before applying for any interview.

I hope you know what the position you are applying for is.

xiangzhou_1984

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Sat, 12 May 2007 12:54 am

It is not a budget airline. New destinations are added every other month. The pay is not damn low, its way above what you can get in Silkair. I've heard they will have flights to Singapore soon, but of course it's hear say. Good luck trying

sploosh_babe

Post by sploosh_babe » Sat, 12 May 2007 1:10 am

UrsulaJoan wrote:
sujoiedevivre wrote:I got a call from etihad airways staff and selected for final interview these sunday via email. But i got an offence from my bf as he strictly not allowed me to attend for the interview as he doent believe on budget airline...so i'm so curious abt etihad airways?? whether it is budget airline or international airline...could anyone help me??so that i can phsyco my bf to allow me for attending the interview..hehhehehhe... :wink:
I would think that if you are going for their final/managment interview this sunday, you would have at least have visited their website or know some basic background of the airline. Etihad is the national carrier of UAE (United Arab Emirates), so it is not a budget carrier.

Do bare in mind that you will be based in their country, in Doha, if i'm not wrong. Go for it and good luck!! :D
Correction.. You will be based in Abu Dhabi and NOT Doha / Dubai.. Please take note..
Life's Like a Bed of Roses..

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Sat, 12 May 2007 1:12 am

Goddness... when did Etihad Airways become a budget airlines? LOL..

Anyway, congrats sujoiedevivre, making it thru finals!Its definatly not easy! Imagine hw many people here went for the intv and u r one of those who have been selected? Personally, i'll would advised to go for it! Be it if u decided nt to take up their offer but then tk it as an intv experience, if u wanna try other airlines like silkair etc.

Etihad Airways is actually expanding rapidly!

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia » Mon, 14 May 2007 12:45 pm

oh dear... my advise to you would be please please please do your research first before you go for the mgmt interview....

all the best.
Me wanna fly high!

sujoiedevivre

i'm Singaporean

Post by sujoiedevivre » Mon, 14 May 2007 7:11 pm

UrsulaJoan wrote:
sujoiedevivre wrote:i found that the salary wise is damn low~ and i dnt want to take a risk to stay in other country that long...hmmm...i dnt think so i'll be coming for the interview...btw do you have any idea for other vacancy at the moment for cabin crew?? i'll like to try for malaysia airline or silkair...how do you think??
How much is their salary? I think all airlines have a basic pay, and they will then give you your allowances when you start flying after training. Their allowances usually make up most of your salary, and it also depends on the routes you fly.

There shouldn't be any vacanies for silkair at the moment if I'm not wrong, because as soon as there is a opening at an airline the news will be posted in this forum almost immediately. Check out this forum from time to time for airline openings, you will find this place very informative, interesting and entertaining! There are also a lot of helpful people ard if you have any queries.

So where are you from? Malaysia? :)
hmmmm...so sad :cry: I never been for the final interview for some reason and i had called them up and mentioned that i would try again next time...thanz a lot to you gals for an excellent advise>> i'm heading towards asia flight near to singapore??? any news abt it let me know yeah~~ Cheerz!!