Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hikari--

Post by hikari-- » Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:34 pm

pianoplayer wrote:so does that mean they didnt look at the medical reports yet? confused.
hmm i think if the clinic didnt call you means you passed the medicals lo.

vizard87

Post by vizard87 » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 5:57 pm

hi does JAL only accept females as cabin crews?

hikari--

Post by hikari-- » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 7:26 pm

vizard87 wrote:hi does JAL only accept females as cabin crews?
maybe you can try to call the office and ask?

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:50 pm

vizard87 wrote:hi does JAL only accept females as cabin crews?
one of the girls told me the last interview there were four guys but all never made it past the first round. so i think they actually do accept guys now! :)

hikari--

Post by hikari-- » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:01 am

actually if you refer back to the recruitment ad, they didnt mention they only accept girls. so you can try in the upcoming one!

x|aOmEi

Post by x|aOmEi » Sun, 16 Sep 2012 2:26 pm

Hello . Saw in jobstreet they are Recruiting ??
IF you have a chance to fly, why not ? :D

hikari--

Post by hikari-- » Sun, 16 Sep 2012 2:58 pm

x|aOmEi wrote:Hello . Saw in jobstreet they are Recruiting ??
yeah they are! go check http://www.sg.jal.com/sgl/en/others/recruitment/ it out~

liangchendean
Regular
Regular

Post by liangchendean » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 8:58 am

hikari-- wrote:
x|aOmEi wrote:Hello . Saw in jobstreet they are Recruiting ??
yeah they are! go check http://www.sg.jal.com/sgl/en/others/recruitment/ it out~
got guys here who applied?

Embrace

Re: Skin check round for Final interview

Post by Embrace » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:51 am

Username123 wrote:Hello! Have anyone been thru the skin check round before? How is the check conducted? & what are they particularly strict about? ><
i have scars on my upper arm.. was also wondering the strictness on the skin checks
Embrace :)

Embrace

Post by Embrace » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:00 am

mOoky wrote:They are very thorough with their checks. I know a girl who didn't get in becoz of her tattoo. But generally all airlines are ok if the uniform covers it. So as long as its not too near to sticking out, I guess you'll b fine. FYI, they did ask us to lift up our shirt to check the stomach and lower back area.
so strict? meaning any one with tattoos shouldnt go? i only heard that Japanese culture/people regard tattoo with mafia.. so thats the reason?

winnoe

Post by winnoe » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 3:39 pm

Embrace wrote:
mOoky wrote:They are very thorough with their checks. I know a girl who didn't get in becoz of her tattoo. But generally all airlines are ok if the uniform covers it. So as long as its not too near to sticking out, I guess you'll b fine. FYI, they did ask us to lift up our shirt to check the stomach and lower back area.
so strict? meaning any one with tattoos shouldnt go? i only heard that Japanese culture/people regard tattoo with mafia.. so thats the reason?
I believe Singapore Airlines has that same requirement; you automatically fail if you have any tattoo whatsoever.

Could be that the idea/symbolism of a tattoo is highly subjective and passengers could take offence to it, best case would be to have cabin crew with unblemished skin to remove all trace of doubt.

I think for every girl they reject with tattoos, there's 2 more girls without tattoos they could choose from, so there's little incentive for them to change that.
~~ I have nothing witty or interesting to add here ~~

Embrace

Post by Embrace » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 3:53 pm

winnoe wrote:
Embrace wrote:
I believe Singapore Airlines has that same requirement; you automatically fail if you have any tattoo whatsoever.

Could be that the idea/symbolism of a tattoo is highly subjective and passengers could take offence to it, best case would be to have cabin crew with unblemished skin to remove all trace of doubt.

I think for every girl they reject with tattoos, there's 2 more girls without tattoos they could choose from, so there's little incentive for them to change that.
Agree with you. I still thought of going but concealing it.. Well i guess its better to laser it off than go for it. :)

SunshineSheens

Post by SunshineSheens » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 2:08 am

I remember when I was younger (4years ago) I applied for JAL , made it to the final interview but didn't get in. Tho it was a blessing in disguise as that was the time when they declared bankruptcy and pulled out their Manila based cabin crews.

lush

Post by lush » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 5:44 pm

Does anyone want to go for the interview together? Do pm me if you don't mind. :)

christine.naa

Post by christine.naa » Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:43 am

hey did anybody receive the email for the interview already??