Singapore Expats

I need some insights from u guys : )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Jayce

I need some insights from u guys : )

Post by Jayce » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:16 pm

Hi to all of you out there!

I was reading throught the entries made by some and I got curious about whether are there many university graduates who actually applied for air stewardess? And I have lots of questions that follow....

And usually do they go for a 18mth bond or 5yrs? (I read through the entries and saw one entry about 18mth and 5yrs bond for fight attendant- is it still so?)

As for the pay of $1.3k (or $3.5K inclusive of allowance), how are the allowance allocated? Does that mean all flight attendant will get $3.5k every mth or?

One more thing: They do not allow fringes (that cover the face till above eyebrow) is it? Because I was looking through some pictures and realise that the Flight attendants all show their forehead! No fringe at all!

It was stated in the web site that "Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service." Foreign languages . . . . Does very elementary level of language count? Does having little knowledge on that language increase my chance by a lot?

Ok... One last one... (I know I hav a lot of queries). the 500 plus pages of archive is too much for me to read right now as I am very curious to know the answers to my questions! Ha ha So, the question is does SIA hold interviews every year without fail at year end? or?

Thanks for bearing with me! : )
(I understand that the interview is over but would like to know more. )

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 2:06 pm

Hi Jayce,

Not too sure if you can get my response on time.
The interview isnt over yet.
There will be one conducted tomorrow for both flight steward & stewardness from 9am to 12noon at sheraton towers.
So, do try to make it if you want.

As for your qn to if SIA conducts recruitment at the end of year, nope, they dont. they conduct interviews all year round but no one knows when unless they advertise. So, do look out via their homepage.

Hope this helps.

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Re: I need some insights from u guys : )

Post by lindyhoppe » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:04 pm

Hi Jayce,

I met quite a couple of university graduates during the previous recruitment and know of a couple of graduates who are flying. The number of diploma holders are also comparable, though. So unless we get hold of the statistics from SIA we can't really tell, isn't it! :)

However, advice given is that - do not brag about being a graduate during the interviews and after you manage to be part of the cabin crew. One might be seen as being arrogant.

Foreign languages most probably do help to a certain extent as a bonus. I wrote down: Bahasa Indonesia and German, the interviewers in the 1st round asked me why I had chosen to learn the former instead of Malay, and whether I knew the difference between the two.

My understanding of these two foreign languages are basic since I'd only taken the level 1 classes (out of 3 to 4 levels).

Would you be going for the interview tomorrow? :)

--lindyhoppe

Jayce

Post by Jayce » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 8:37 pm

Hi cabbage_girl,

thanks for your information!

But i am not intending to go for the interview tomo. But I am keen to try next year after trying for my japanese language proficiency test at the end of this year.... perhaps that would help! Wanted to be mentally and physically prepared first. ha ha

Ok.. I will keep a look out for it! thx!
cabbage_girl wrote:Hi Jayce,

Not too sure if you can get my response on time.
The interview isnt over yet.
There will be one conducted tomorrow for both flight steward & stewardness from 9am to 12noon at sheraton towers.
So, do try to make it if you want.

As for your qn to if SIA conducts recruitment at the end of year, nope, they dont. they conduct interviews all year round but no one knows when unless they advertise. So, do look out via their homepage.

Hope this helps.

Jayce

Re: I need some insights from u guys : )

Post by Jayce » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 8:48 pm

Thx for your reply!

i will definitely not brag about that. I will not be going for the interview. Too rush. I m not prepared yet. : ) Suddenly had the feel to research on my future career path then got to chance upon this forum to know that there is an interview tml! But from now to the next interview, I will prepare myself for that!

Saw that you pass your water confidence test. So, have theu notify you yet?
lindyhoppe wrote:Hi Jayce,

I met quite a couple of university graduates during the previous recruitment and know of a couple of graduates who are flying. The number of diploma holders are also comparable, though. So unless we get hold of the statistics from SIA we can't really tell, isn't it! :)

However, advice given is that - do not brag about being a graduate during the interviews and after you manage to be part of the cabin crew. One might be seen as being arrogant.

Foreign languages most probably do help to a certain extent as a bonus. I wrote down: Bahasa Indonesia and German, the interviewers in the 1st round asked me why I had chosen to learn the former instead of Malay, and whether I knew the difference between the two.

My understanding of these two foreign languages are basic since I'd only taken the level 1 classes (out of 3 to 4 levels).

Would you be going for the interview tomorrow? :)

--lindyhoppe

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 5:05 pm

showing their foreheads is sort of a professional thingy lol
as for some of the rest of the questions, you'll know the ans when u join in... corporate P&C :o
"City of Ang3Ls"