Singapore Expats

SIA October Training Date Released?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Rein

Post by Rein » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 7:56 pm

Awaiting_SIA wrote:Hi there~

You waiting for your training date too? When was your medical?

It's no use calling Mary really. I just did and she just told me to wait. Once everything is finalised, then she will call us.

Just make sure your handphone is on a 24-hours standby mode. LoL
It seems that the trend is, if you dont get a rejection letter from SIA 3 to 4 weeks after your medical check up + provided if you are PES A, you are more or less accepted unless you are PES C or with some medical problems which may requires further consideration.

I called Mary 1 month ago, she advised me to call her again 2 weeks before I ORD. And recently, I called her and she arranged a date for me to submit a photocopy of my COS and Pink IC to her. This is what another friend of mine did and advised by Mary when he ORDed in August. Now he is already happily training at STC.....

Well anyway, she didnt ask me to wait nor say she will call me again. She advised me what i just told you above. I guess it is how you phrase your enquiries & concerns to her.

Good luck to you and all : )

newsalem_13

training

Post by newsalem_13 » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:00 pm

hi its been about 2 weeks since my medical test and most of the people who took the test have already been called up for the training and i'm worried that i'll be left behind. is it possible to get mary's number from you and try my luck perhaps?

Rein

Re: training

Post by Rein » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:17 pm

newsalem_13 wrote:hi its been about 2 weeks since my medical test and most of the people who took the test have already been called up for the training and i'm worried that i'll be left behind. is it possible to get mary's number from you and try my luck perhaps?

Are you still serving your national service?
If yes then wait until your ORD, call Mary then submit duplicated COS and Pink IC.

If you are not serving ur NS and or ORD ages ago...
Then wait a bit longer..

Good luck.

Awaiting_SIA

Post by Awaiting_SIA » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:51 am

Hi Rein,

you mean people who failed the medical will be issued a rejection letter 3 - 4 weeks after the checkup? You got any friends who received it?

I did not received anything le.. Does it mean that I am safe?

Called Mary yesterday and all she said was to wait for them to call me. My Ord is just next friday, so I am getting abit worried. Should I wait forever or just apply for another job. Don't wanna waste my time too since I am a university grad.

Sigh..

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Waititing

Post by blizz1209 » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 5:39 pm

Dear all,

Wow... Rejection letter is something new to me here.

Any1 or who knew any1 had received this letter before? May i know under wat situations they would send out such cruel letter? Wat r the situations which they would consider a medical as fail?

I m just like some of u who r dying a receive a call from them. Really wonder how long is it gonna take as i stated 1 month of notice period. I am a Malaysian and had my medical on 20/09. Any kind soul can share some experience here?

Regards,
Blizz :roll:

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 8:25 pm

may i know whether the medical checkup will only be once or twice?i saw some post stating that they went twice...wondering whether it's true or not...anyway,pending for management round n tea party next thurs..hopefully can go tru it le.r....hehe

cutiechar

Re: Waititing

Post by cutiechar » Sat, 30 Sep 2006 1:02 pm

[quote="blizz1209"]Dear all,

Wow... Rejection letter is something new to me here.

Any1 or who knew any1 had received this letter before? May i know under wat situations they would send out such cruel letter? Wat r the situations which they would consider a medical as fail?

I m just like some of u who r dying a receive a call from them. Really wonder how long is it gonna take as i stated 1 month of notice period. I am a Malaysian and had my medical on 20/09. Any kind soul can share some experience here?

Regards,
Blizz :roll:[/quote]

Hi All!

I went for the recruitment on 27 Aug, got thru and went for medical on the 19 sept and I stated 1 mth notice. actuali I went late for my medical but I got the call from Mary on 26 Sept. I am so surprised!..some of my batch mates who went on the actual day after mgt interview still have not receive call yet..duno y oso..

btw, my training date is on the 06 Nov..duno if this is the latest training date if you guys keen to know..anyway, my frd she was in the 26 Oct training date and we got the call on the same day.. I guess now training already being slot till Nov.

dun give up k? believe in urself! lets pray hard!

Cheers!

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 3:35 am

Is it true that the training hours are now Mon-Sat instead of Mon-Fri? I read from another forum that this is so to shorten the training for all new batches.

I have school on Saturday, and im starting training on 19th this mth.

Rein

Post by Rein » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 4:35 pm

Awaiting_SIA wrote:Hi Rein,

you mean people who failed the medical will be issued a rejection letter 3 - 4 weeks after the checkup? You got any friends who received it?

Called Mary yesterday and all she said was to wait for them to call me. My Ord is just next friday, so I am getting abit worried. Should I wait forever or just apply for another job. Don't wanna waste my time too since I am a university grad.

Sigh..
Yah they do. Have two friends who already received it.....One even before ORD but have gone thr the medical screening.

I guess you are quite safe... Anyway, just tell Mary that you want to submit your COS and Pink IC and arrange a date with her. That's what i did.

And... I am starting my training on 26 Oct.

Goodluck to all!

Rein

Post by Rein » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 4:38 pm

escadagirl wrote:Is it true that the training hours are now Mon-Sat instead of Mon-Fri? I read from another forum that this is so to shorten the training for all new batches.

I have school on Saturday, and im starting training on 19th this mth.
Yes, according to my friends who have started training...they now train on Saturaday too...
Last edited by Rein on Tue, 03 Oct 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 6:21 pm

yea.. my med check up is on the 19th.. tom is two weeks.. when i called a day after the med check up, she said they let us know about 2 weeks or more.. all of the girls on my batch hasnt received any calls yet.. so are our training date would be the same as the singaporeans.. or diff batch diff date??
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 1:55 am

Is it possible that I defer my training till 3 mths later? I called up my sch and it seems like I can't graduate if I miss my class on Sat. I am so worried and torn now. Mary ahs alr given me my training date.

irin

Post by irin » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 3:25 am

escadagirl wrote:Is it possible that I defer my training till 3 mths later? I called up my sch and it seems like I can't graduate if I miss my class on Sat. I am so worried and torn now. Mary ahs alr given me my training date.
hmmm... why not give a call to SIA and ask about it? tell them about your situation. cos u do not know there will be lessons on sat. :wink:

Awaiting_SIA

Post by Awaiting_SIA » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:37 pm

Rein wrote:

Sigh..
Yah they do. Have two friends who already received it.....One even before ORD but have gone thr the medical screening.

I guess you are quite safe... Anyway, just tell Mary that you want to submit your COS and Pink IC and arrange a date with her. That's what i did.

Goodluck to all!
I see.. Thanks alot bro.

You mentioned one of your friend got the rejection letter before Ord. How bout the other one? How long after his Ord date did he get his rejection letter? Still abit worried here..

By the way, for your friends who got rejection letters, what was their medical problems? Did the doctor tell them they would be rejected at the medical checkup itself or they only knew about it via the rejection letters?

Rein

Post by Rein » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 7:47 pm

Awaiting_SIA wrote:
Rein wrote:

Sigh..

Goodluck to all!
I see.. Thanks alot bro.

You mentioned one of your friend got the rejection letter before Ord. How bout the other one? How long after his Ord date did he get his rejection letter? Still abit worried here..

By the way, for your friends who got rejection letters, what was their medical problems? Did the doctor tell them they would be rejected at the medical checkup itself or they only knew about it via the rejection letters?
I dont think you need to worry so much... seriously.. just relax hahaha.
If you are PES A/B and without medical condition, Fit and healthy, you would surely have gone thru. If you are not, you would have received "the letter" 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Anything PM me.