Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
synn

Post by synn » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 4:13 pm

yup she tried few years later. all the interview stages are done in a day? there is another SQ interview in the 4th week of Aug! You should try again babe since you failed the last stage only it means you did really well to pass all the previous stage!

yes i am trying this weekend lol but i doubt i can pass, just trying my luck. I failed SQ skin check twice so i doubt i can make it for Silkair too. Your skin should be pretty good to pass SQ skin check, they are really strict on that

Atjw123

Post by Atjw123 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:29 pm

I plan to go in the morning too! Wanna meet up? I'm really really nervous!!! ARGH! Its my first cc interview.

baubbles

Post by baubbles » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:22 am

synn wrote:yup she tried few years later. all the interview stages are done in a day? there is another SQ interview in the 4th week of Aug! You should try again babe since you failed the last stage only it means you did really well to pass all the previous stage!

yes i am trying this weekend lol but i doubt i can pass, just trying my luck. I failed SQ skin check twice so i doubt i can make it for Silkair too. Your skin should be pretty good to pass SQ skin check, they are really strict on that
Hmm nope, the mgmt round for silkair is done on a different day like maybe one two weeks later? Can't really rmb alrdy :/ I'm not sure about it man, I tried a few times later but couldn't even get through the first stage anymore :(

I feel that sq's skin check is not as thorough as silkair. Silkair really check every inch of my skin and I've got quite a bit of chicken pox scars on my hand but I still got through. Got lucky I guess! How many times have u tried for SQ and when did u try? :) just go for it babe! U might get lucky this time! 

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 6:08 pm

Hi hi

May I know when is the silkair interview again?

Thanks
See the world from a different vantage point

gcsn

Post by gcsn » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:16 pm

next interview will b this coming sat :)
Any idea if silkair will be very strict on complexion? Cos I dun have very smooth complexion :(

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 4:22 pm

Hey thanks

Bt I might not have chance to go..,
See the world from a different vantage point

holybarney

Post by holybarney » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 1:13 pm

Hey there, I went for the Aug 13th interview and got in the first two rounds after failing the first round for two times in jan' 11.

I'm going for the final interview on the 17th, which is this wed!! *stressed*

Any tips babes? :/ *stressing*

mia malone

Post by mia malone » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:15 pm

hey holybarney ... congrats .. n good luck ..which group were you that day ?i went also but didnt make to the 2nd round ... in ur group, how many were selected ?? n hows the second round? how do they do the skin check ??please do tell more ... i really want this so badly... :cry:

holybarney

Post by holybarney » Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:04 pm

mia malone wrote:hey holybarney ... congrats .. n good luck ..which group were you that day ?i went also but didnt make to the 2nd round ... in ur group, how many were selected ?? n hows the second round? how do they do the skin check ??please do tell more ... i really want this so badly... :cry:
Hey, dont cry!! :< I was in grp 2 that morning :3 Sadly, i was the only one selected, the second round's the easiest. Its a one to one interview, they asked us to try on the uniform and walk a few steps, then there was a little skin check on the arms and legs. Now we're waiting for the email stating if we're selected or not. >< nervous!!!

mia malone

Post by mia malone » Thu, 18 Aug 2011 8:46 pm

ok ... is there any tips to share? hopefully ure in holybarney ... gd luck :D

gislleane

Post by gislleane » Tue, 06 Sep 2011 5:18 pm

Hi there,

I am so happy to found this site forum to check about silkair's requirement. I saw in their website stating Min qualification, O or N Level..

I just wonder, If I have 'N' Level Qualification under Syllabus-T would they accept me? Plus, I have been in the Frontline as receptionist for Sales, Trading and Law industry for about 5-6years. Would my working experience adding to the plus point?

I would like to know how much is the salary like in silkair? The allowance?
Enviroment?

Hope to hear from anyone soon!! TQ

Gislleane Smile

celestineyam

Silkair final interview

Post by celestineyam » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 8:12 pm

I just got invited to go for the final interview this Wednesday . Can anyone please help me with some enquiries I have ?
1) what will interviewers ask ?
2) why is it stated on the form " advised not to wear long pants/ long dresses or skirts" for final interview?
3) will they be doing any checks on the final interview? Like skin and scars and height?
Pls advise. Thanks

praveenbabu

Post by praveenbabu » Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:42 pm

Dear All,

I just got invitation for the interview with Silkair for IT Generalist Executive on Oct 20, 2011 Thursday. Anyone have more idea about this position,

1. What is this position about and the Job Scope ?
2. What is the basic pay for this position ?
3. What are the rounds of interview. They have mentioned if i am shortlisted after the first round i will be needing to go for 5 hour written test on November 3.
4. What will they expect from us ?

Please advise. it will be more helpful.

- Praveen

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:24 pm

Hi,

Anyone knows if SilkAir still hires part-time cabin crew?
If anyone is a PT crew and care to share the requirements, like how many days a weeks etc etc.

A full time student (3hrs a day of school) and ex cabin crew here. Thanks alot!!!

mOoky

Post by mOoky » Sat, 29 Oct 2011 1:03 am

Hi ruriko,
U can try sending in your resume to

Human Resource Manager
SilkAir (S) Pte Ltd
05-F Airline House
25 Airline Road
Singapore 819829

Header: Freelance crew opening

They'll be more likely to hire you as freelance crew if u have 3 yrs experience as a cabin crew. But if you are doing night classes, they might be offer you a full time position if suitable.

Wish ya gd luck!

Just helping out :)
You never know how high you can go, and you just might find yourself flying higher than before

Return to “Airline Careers”