Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Re: How to apply..

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:25 pm

qiutinger wrote:hi peeps, how do one actually apply for Tiger Air as a cabin crew? My sis friend says via email. And does anyone know how long they'd take to reply or you know, let you know?
Hi there...you're sister's friend is right! Just go to the Tiger website and submit your resume under the Careers heading. Batch 12 should be formed real soon. We are losing crew...sigh.
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 3:21 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Someone said in a good month, 3K.
3k? ermmm.. u've never work in an airline before, have you?
welll... seldom could hit 2k take home. whats more 3k.
may i just say? in your dreams... ;)
Hmm..

I think you have to be a teamleader in order to get 3k i guess.
Normal times, if you stick to your roster, shld be around 1.5-1.6k. But during good months, take home around 1.8-1.9k. That's the highest unless your roster is super tight and your sales is super good. But that means, you will work like a dog, risk your health and sacrifice your time with you family and friends.. If you are happy doing turn-around flights, love doing customer services, sales orientated and don't mind the pay, you may want to join Tiger but if the above does not appeal to you, you may walk on..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 3:23 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
qiutinger wrote:hi peeps, how do one actually apply for Tiger Air as a cabin crew? My sis friend says via email. And does anyone know how long they'd take to reply or you know, let you know?
Hi there...you're sister's friend is right! Just go to the Tiger website and submit your resume under the Careers heading. Batch 12 should be formed real soon. We are losing crew...sigh.
Dear Ryanstarr,

Yes, we are losing alot of crew. So be mentally prepared to work really hard k! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

xiangzhou_1984

Re: not team leader...

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:09 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
Hi may I ask why you quit SQ and joined Tiger Air? i mean that doesn't really happen very often....or does it?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:21 pm

btw... wad is the height requirements for guys??

165 can?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: not team leader...

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 2:59 am

xiangzhou_1984 wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
well.. for ur info: we have crew from SQ. and i do ask them also the same question. they told me that they want short turn around and want to spend time with their family. thats what i know from them.

qiutinger
Regular
Regular

Post by qiutinger » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 3:34 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
Huh?! You are Penny's friend? That's such an coincident! :D Yeah, i am thinking of joining.

And why is everyone here so HOT on the salry topic? Just take it IF this is what those of you all want. If not, no amount of "you can earn enough if you work hard and have passion about this job" talk would help, i guess. I read through this whole thread trying to find useful information about flying with Tiger Air and most of all i saw was low pay, fickle-minded whines. Tsk. No offence but if you all just want to fly no matter what, yet you can't go into the supposedly 'more prestigious' airline, then don't complain.. And if you are not really into flying, just go work in some restaurant instead of being stuck in a dilema here, you might be happier with your job and pay scale serving coffee and tea on land ; )

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 6:51 pm

yeah, good point. :D

But gurl, guess its human nature...

No one's EVER satisfied with what and how much they have. :wink:

qiutinger
Regular
Regular

Post by qiutinger » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 9:22 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:yeah, good point. :D

But gurl, guess its human nature...

No one's EVER satisfied with what and how much they have. :wink:
Yeah, i guess so. Everyone, including me *snort* Haha. But matter-of-fact is not everyone can have a smooth-running start. I read through a few threads and see that you are one of the lucky ones, way to go! ^.^

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 9:30 pm

Oh, u read the other threads?

haha..

Thanks. :D

Still waiting to be informed by SIA on my training date though.. :)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 4:27 am

camperboy wrote:btw... wad is the height requirements for guys??

165 can?
Yupz, can. Batch 11 got 1 guy 163 cm and another at 165 cm. No worries, no problems...join us! What I know is SQ is the zappiest, not happiest of all airlines...their turnover is even higher than Tiger Airways!!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

wadiki

Post by wadiki » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:01 pm

I agree with ryanstar...SIA is the zappiest & ppl there are not that happy....unless they really luv wat they r doing.....as a pax on both airlines, u can see that lines are clearly drawn and even the attitude towards the pax are different......based on my experience on SIA, I feel a bit disappointed on how some SQ girls provide service to S'poreans.....I guess I am lucky that I dun look like a S'porean......SIA shd look into this long standing problem cos it's not good for our National Carrier......Hopefully Tiger won't b d same.....so far THUMBS UP 4 Tiger......

vertigo_1010

Jet Star

Post by vertigo_1010 » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 8:30 pm

Any idea how much is Jet Star FA being paid?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 3:23 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
camperboy wrote:btw... wad is the height requirements for guys??

165 can?
Yupz, can. Batch 11 got 1 guy 163 cm and another at 165 cm. No worries, no problems...join us! What I know is SQ is the zappiest, not happiest of all airlines...their turnover is even higher than Tiger Airways!!
wow.. ok..tats good to hear...

but.. erm..i sent my resume a lon time ago... abt jan/feb i think...
hahaha

do u think its thrown out? LOL

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 8:18 pm

Hi "I'M*(!_!)* Julie",

Can i know why is Tiger Air is losing crews? What had happen
and whats the reason that its losing crews? Im quite curious
to know about it. Thank you very much if you could kindly
provide some information here. Thanks a lot again!

Cheers!
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
Dear Ryanstarr,

Yes, we are losing alot of crew. So be mentally prepared to work really hard k! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan