Singapore Expats

Post Secondary Education Tuition Grants

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
BCExpat

Post Secondary Education Tuition Grants

Post by BCExpat » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 8:44 am

Hi,

I've been reading a fair amount re: post secondary education tuition grants. If I understand, international students can qualify for the tuition grants as long as they are willing to commit to working in Singapore for a minimum of 3 years following graduation. (as well as a provide suretee etc.)

My question is: Do they automatically receive the right to work in Singapore for these 3 years? Or do they have to find an employer willing to apply for an appropriate visa/work permit (such as an S-Pass or EP) as well as offer a job? I wonder as posts on average salaries appear to be below the minimum threshold to qualify.

Thanks

evehow

Post by evehow » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:43 pm

The work pass is not automatically granted to you. You must find a job on your own and then apply for the passes.

Edit: source https://tgonline.moe.gov.sg/tgis/files/SOA-FAQ.pdf (Q15)

BCExpat

Post by BCExpat » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 9:05 am

Thanks for clarifying. I read that but wasn't sure if it implied special consideration was given and it was effectively automatic or if it was the same as any other foreign job seeker...