Singapore Expats

lookin for expat male piano teacher for kids

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
lis

lookin for expat male piano teacher for kids

Post by lis » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:43 am

I'm looking for expat male piano teacher to teach in East area condo.Pls reply with rates ..thank you .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:11 am

Good Luck. You might want to try New York City.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:12 am

OH, wait a minute.....

Will a Malaysian Expat do? Or an Male Expat from the Philippines or China?

They are all Expats. Can? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pentium

Post by Pentium » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 9:51 am

I love you SMS. Enjoy reading your post. :D

lis

Post by lis » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:41 am

as long can teach and read notes .....

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:59 am

Then what is wrong with a local one? :roll:

Wivelsfield

Post by Wivelsfield » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 9:59 pm

We have had two local piano teachers and now none of my three kids want to play piano any more. No fun, no enjoyment, all dry dull learning. Result: kids won't practice, and now they won't go to lessons. Were you a child once?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:33 pm

Yep, certainly was, also learned how to play the oboe, bassoon, clarinet & sax. Only had music classes in school and a desire to learn on my own. I also read music fine. If you make sure your kids are doing the music classes because "they" want to learn the instrument and not because the parents think the kids "Need" the exposure. You will find that, just like learning Mandarin, while hard, if they feel it's their choice and they want to learn it, they will. Otherwise, they will find any reason at all to now do what normally the parent wants them to do. I often feel sorry for some kids who have to try to live their parent's lives for them because the parent never learned.

Oh, a considerable number of local music teachers are well qualified and a number of their protege have gone on to some of the best music academies in the world. Don't diss what you don't know, basing only on prejudice or personal preference. Try using qualifications instead.

fristromcan

Post by fristromcan » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 7:03 pm

Hi Wivelsfield,

While I see you point, I would think that it is more related to the teachers, not their nationality. How old are your kids and how long have they been playing piano?

If you just want your kids to have exposure to music, maybe you can send them to something like kindermusik... some music schools offer group classes so maybe you can consider that.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 8:44 pm

african male expat OK?