Singapore Expats

Private transport to local school

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
zonemelt

Private transport to local school

Post by zonemelt » Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:34 pm

Hi folks,

Our son has been offered a place in P1 in phase 3 in local school - we are fortunate to get the offer but trying to work out how we will get him there.

It’s 13 km away (in west, we live near cbd) so out of reach for the school bus company (I checked) - Parents both working so definitely can’t do both drop off and pick up, and we don’t employ a maid.

Does anyone here use a daily third party transport service to ferry their kid(s) to and from school, that they could recommend?

From searching I do see some services out there and wanted to gauge from people’s experience.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungCopy4

Re: Private transport to local school

Post by YoungCopy4 » Tue, 06 Nov 2018 10:10 pm

Firstly you need to ask about transport in school. Maybe they will transport your son without any additional payments

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 09 Nov 2018 12:18 pm

Similar to Grab, there is Ryde that has a function inside called RydeSCHOOL that helps organise a Car Pool with other parents at the same school...….obviously, only works if there is another child in your neighbourhood with a parent that actually drives them to school.

Chances, then, might be very slim.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

cynthia.ronchetti

Post by cynthia.ronchetti » Mon, 30 Sep 2019 9:52 pm

Hi everyone! Sorry to hijack the thread, we are on the same boat, in need of transport for our child from cbd to the Paya Lebar air base area. We are new in town and would appreciate any suggestions.

LocalSchool

Post by LocalSchool » Mon, 27 Nov 2023 9:38 am

Hello, does anyone know anyone who is going to CHIJ Kellock from Bedok / Bayshore / Marine Parade area? My daughter will start her P1 from next year and I am looking for school transport options. Thank you!

pmart

Post by pmart » Sat, 13 Jan 2024 5:11 pm

Our son and a few other children go from West Coast to BLGPS (Boon Lay Garden Primary School), reaching out to anyone else in the same situation