Singapore Expats

ACS international school

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
nandhinik

ACS international school

Post by nandhinik » Mon, 29 Jul 2019 9:34 am

Hi Friends
I am looking for feedback about acs International School. Planning to enroll my kid for Secondary school. Appreciate feedback from parents from current/ex students.
Thanks

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: ACS international school

Post by abbby » Wed, 11 Sep 2019 2:10 pm

I see them very happy after school at the MRT station. School must have been great for erm'.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

nandhinik

Post by nandhinik » Wed, 11 Sep 2019 2:15 pm

ok .Thanks

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 12 Sep 2019 7:33 pm

ACS International is a premier school IMO . If you can get your kids in there go for it. It's a "mission" school (which means it's partially subsidized by the Singapore govt I believe as it's is NOT in the FSS system), not a wretched for profit school. Wiki has some good info on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Chi ... _Singapore
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

nandhinik

Post by nandhinik » Thu, 12 Sep 2019 7:40 pm

Ok. Thanks . Then I should start looking for transport facility from Pasir Ris before I confirm the admission.

nandhinik

Post by nandhinik » Tue, 29 Oct 2019 4:06 pm

OK.Thanks

Peterlow

Post by Peterlow » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 8:54 pm

To find out more of the school, please read through the school's reviews on both Goggle and Facebook. They have bad reviews of late and reviewers also brought out specific incidents.
ACS International is a Privately Funded School, therefore they are not subsidized by the government.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:05 pm

My friends who have had children enrolled there have given very mixed reviews. Some said they enjoyed their time there, but others mentioned a toxic school environment and incompetent management. It is probably a good idea to look into online reviews or speak to current or past students (provided you know any) before you make a decision.

chrischua8899

Post by chrischua8899 » Fri, 07 May 2021 4:42 pm

While most parents are anxious about getting their child into a school after PSLE, I went a little future in my research and I will like to share some of my findings here.
As parents, we attended university at least 20 years ago and right now I realized that the admission criteria have changed. Many university courses now require Chemistry as a prerequisite.
And as far as I am aware, ACS international allows the students to take any science subject. The parents/ students may not know that they will be disadvantaged until its too late. This is especially true for their existing students.
Another area of concern is moving from Year 4 to Year 5. This school does not publish data on the number of existing students being promoted from Year 4 to Year 5, which is a huge concern. I believed that there is a significant number of students who did not make the grade and are asked to go every year. Enrolling in this school does not guarantee that your child will be promoted to Year 5 or graduating with an IB.
Please do your own research, comparing with other schools before enrolling.