Singapore Expats Forum

Vaccination Exemptions?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
foop

Post by foop » Sun, 11 May 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks for that. this looks more normal.

in8mom
Regular
Regular

Post by in8mom » Fri, 23 May 2008 11:51 am

You are correct on the 2 vaccines that are compulsory in Singapore.. but that's for school aged children. So it depends on how long you are planning on staying here. Just because a child is not vaccinated does not mean that he/she is unable to attend school. I have heard that International Schools are more lenient as they respect and abide by the exemptions of your home country.

It's your right to choose whether or not you will vaccinate or delay.

audres

Vaccines single dose

Post by audres » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 7:35 pm

Dear Foop,
I too have a four month old and I am sitting on the fence about vaccines. I have decided to do single dose vaccines starting at 6 months. Please send me an email at audres@hotmail.com if you are interested in single dose from a doctor since I have a source. I also have two books on this - Dr. Stephanie Cave and Dr. Sears on hidden truths about vaccines... Please let me know if you are interested in getting together to discuss more about this!

sperio

Post by sperio » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 7:30 pm

i am interested to have minimal vaccinaton for my kid too... does the poly clinic offer single doses? contact me if anyone like to share info:) thanks

tay.alfred@gmail.com

ykyang

Vaccine Refusal

Post by ykyang » Mon, 26 May 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Foop,

While searching for exemption to vaccine, i find the forum you posted 6yr ago.....

My son, 4yr old now. He was injected only with BCG on 2nd day and no more after that. We went for homeopathy test in Taiwan this year. We found out that the BCG does not produce antibody. Still remain as antigen.

I decided not to "harm" him with anymore vaccine.... may i know whether you eventually manage to find a way to refuse vaccine but still able to allow him to enter the school?

Thanks.

Yang
Yang

cheers2you

Re: Thank you Aussimeg

Post by cheers2you » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 5:58 am

aussiemeg wrote:
Fri, 09 May 2008 11:24 am
Hi there

My boys are now 2 and a half years old and we tried to go down the no vaccination route too. We discussed this long and hard with our loacl doctor who was reasonably supportive but found out that no vaccinations meant no entry to pre school and no entry to International Schools in singapore.

What we did was find out what were absolutely essential and studied the rationale for each serum. We also chose to do singular vaccination rather than 3/4/5/6 in one options. This is very expensive and time consuming to find the right clinic and order the serum but possible. The vaccinations our two have not received is Mumps and rubella because these are not available as single vaccines in singapore and I do not really see them as an issue.

Another thought that was quite provoking was the point that even though many of the diseases no longer exist in singapore and the Uk and Australia and the US and Western Europe etc if in later life our children chose to travel to africa or south america or indonesia (which is highly likely before they are older) they could well be exposed to a life threatening illness.

My only comment is that there is no easy way for non vac in singapore and as in most western countries it will involve a lot of explaining at all stages

HOpe this helps a little
This helps SO much. Could share which clinic? I am in the US and partner is considering moving back there. :/ I need all the help for my kiddos I can get!
sperio wrote:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 7:30 pm
i am interested to have minimal vaccinaton for my kid too... does the poly clinic offer single doses? contact me if anyone like to share info:) thanks

tay.alfred@gmail.com
I want info, pls! TY!

emergency234

Re: Vaccination Exemptions?

Post by emergency234 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 8:43 am

Quite a few muttonheads in this thread =D> .

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 1:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Be sure to include yourself for replying to a 6 year old thread.

emergency234

Post by emergency234 » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 4:28 pm

Not disputing that :lol: