Singapore Expats

What you should do before 30 years old?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
ong_ger

What you should do before 30 years old?

Post by ong_ger » Mon, 10 May 2010 1:13 pm

Anything interesting that one must experience before 30 years old,
how many had done and not yet done and wish to do?

1. Traveling alone once to a dream place / Backpacking alone around the world
2. Stay alone apart from your family, be independent
3. Go for your dream job, do what you like to do
4. Take the responsibility of your life and do something meaningful to one's you love
5. Achieve your dream of doing something that inspire or successful in life
6. Go for a romantic trip
7. Camping
8. Do something fun or challenging
9. .....
Accept get used and learn, what's the big deal?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 May 2010 1:42 pm

Why? Do you plan on dying by 30? Why the cutoff age?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wellman
Regular
Regular

Post by Wellman » Mon, 10 May 2010 2:26 pm

Number 9. Have a 29th birthday!!

ong_ger

Post by ong_ger » Mon, 10 May 2010 2:31 pm

SundaymorningStaple, that's not the cut off day. By 30, there might be restriction of doing what you want to do..

ong_ger

Post by ong_ger » Mon, 10 May 2010 2:33 pm

Wellman... it must be a real crazy party ^^

Wellman
Regular
Regular

Post by Wellman » Mon, 10 May 2010 2:35 pm

ong_ger wrote:Wellman... it must be a real crazy party ^^
Ok lah :???:

ong_ger

Post by ong_ger » Mon, 10 May 2010 2:41 pm

then just imagine it's gonna be fun :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 May 2010 4:02 pm

ong_ger wrote:SundaymorningStaple, that's not the cut off day. By 30, there might be restriction of doing what you want to do..
Age restrictions? :???: Name me one thing that has age restriction (old, not too young)

Health? Again, that depends on you, you can be physically unable to do a lot of things before your 18.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 10 May 2010 4:45 pm

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: What you should do before 30 years old?

Post by QRM » Mon, 10 May 2010 5:00 pm

ong_ger wrote:Anything interesting that one must experience before 30 years old,
30 !?:shock: should have done all the above by the time you are twenty!! Except for item 5 its the proverbial holy grail which is constantly being evolved and adjusted through your life experiences.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 10 May 2010 5:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Age restrictions? :???: Name me one thing that has age restriction (old, not too young)
IKEA Ballroom and speedos?
Last edited by QRM on Mon, 10 May 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 May 2010 5:24 pm

QRM wrote:
ong_ger wrote:Anything interesting that one must experience before 30 years old,
30 !?:shock: should have done all the above by the time you are twenty!! Except for item 5 its the proverbial holy grail which is constantly being evolved and adjusted through your life experiences.
I did all of the above before I was 21! With the exception of #5 as well.

QRM, the difference between ong_ger and us is she is a cocooned Singaporean who probably has/had overbearing parents who insisted she show do either this or that but stability and career & the chase for the almighty dollar must come first, to the exclusion of everything else that would otherwise make life enjoyable. (I know how it is, as my wife is Asian and my kids are half/half) When my son went on a 20 days 10 gig tour of China last year when he was 19, she was scared do death. When my daughter rode out of Singapore on the top of a brand new Semi-Sub up to Thailand to drill a test well last year, my wife was fit to be tied. Me? I'm the one encouraging them to "Just do it!" :cool:

Needless to say, I didn't tell my wife about the semi-sub explosion in the GOM. But when my daughter came home a week ago, not thinking, she mentioned it. :oops:

So my advice to ong_ger and anybody else who has been raised in the cocoon called Singapore, through off your cocoon and go forth and explore. Oh, and stuff cotton buds or noise protectors in your ears if you don't want to listen to your parents! :P :P

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 11 May 2010 11:46 pm

my mom pushed me to come here lol I was the one who didn't wanna go away hahahaaha. tough love :lol:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 12 May 2010 11:07 am

how many had done and not yet done and wish to do?

1. Traveling alone once to a dream place / Backpacking alone around the world

Yup . . . lovely stuff that, in retrospect. One memorable occasion I was flew to Greece from Sri Lanka and it was winter. Went to the equivalent of the salvos and they gave me this flea-ridden old coat. Kept me warm. Hitched up with this lovely girl from Ireland, got soused on Ouzo and retsina and woke up with an ear-ring; the hole was made with a knitting needle. Good stuff all round

2. Stay alone apart from your family, be independent

Before 30? You must be Singaporean.

3. Go for your dream job, do what you like to do

Still looking

4. Take the responsibility of your life and do something meaningful to one's you love

Difficult to define . . . having and raising children, I guess

5. Achieve your dream of doing something that inspire or successful in life

Oh dear . . .

6. Go for a romantic trip

Romantic? Hehehehe . . . is it romantic when she's asleep? Rohypnol is a man's best friend

7. Camping

Loads and loads, from the Aussie, NSW, outback to South Island NZ to Chile etc... Sounds good now, but wasn't necessarily always 'pleasant' with the lack of toilet paper

8. Do something fun or challenging

Still doing it

9. ..... Live in as many countries as possible to savour the feel of different cultures.

10.... Having lovely people send me Twinkies

. . . the list goes on
Life ends at thirty?

Don't read on if toilet stories offend you!

Went to the toilet here in our building last week, they were all taken except for a squat toilet . . . no worries. While squatting and thinking I received an sms from a guy who owes me money (see other thread). So, balancing precariously, I started an sms chat with the guy. Ten minutes later I tried to get up. Bugger.
Don't get me wrong. I'm 6'2 and weigh app 85kg, swim close to every second day, play rugby once a week and have rugby training once a week . . . sporty is the word.

How do old people do it . . .

'nuff said Image

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vbelle » Wed, 12 May 2010 4:17 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Don't read on if toilet stories offend you!

Went to the toilet here in our building last week, they were all taken except for a squat toilet . . . no worries. While squatting and thinking I received an sms from a guy who owes me money (see other thread). So, balancing precariously, I started an sms chat with the guy. Ten minutes later I tried to get up. Bugger.
Don't get me wrong. I'm 6'2 and weigh app 85kg, swim close to every second day, play rugby once a week and have rugby training once a week . . . sporty is the word.

How do old people do it . . .

Lol...need some squatting exercise..lots of it in my toning classes...or you can try Yoga..
hm...now im not sure if it helps..perhaps just use the squatting toilet more often :D