Singapore Expats

bye 2022

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
taxico
Director
Director

bye 2022

Post by taxico » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 3:51 pm

it was cheap to give birth in singapore.

it’s not easy raising a baby in singapore.

so… i guess i’ll be on my way again…

it’s been a heck of a year. k thx bye!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: bye 2022

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 7:29 pm

Which country you heading to now? In any case, Bon Voyage, and may you have fair winds and following seas.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 7:56 pm

i’m thinking of finally using my mm2h visa.

my wife’s looking at areas she’d be interested in, as she’d like to start a business.

we’re not headed back to the states as things are really bad and i don’t want my wife beaten and shot bya racist in a costco parking lot.

we’re not able to find affordable and acceptable accommodation in nz so we’re not about to go pay extortionate rent on a moldy house in the burbs.

so it’s looking likely our next stop is malaysia. totally new to me as i’ve only gone to touristy places.

but i sense a green kawasaki in 2023. : )

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 8:27 pm

Stay in touch. I'm as old as Methuselah already but I reckon I still be around. I'v'e not been in the US for 7 years now. I got more blood relatives here than I do there now. Both kids married and I got 3 g.kids as well now. All are Sinkies.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 1:53 am

taxico wrote:
Sat, 31 Dec 2022 7:56 pm

my wife’s looking at areas she’d be interested in, as she’d like to start a business.

we’re not headed back to the states as things are really bad and i don’t want my wife beaten and shot bya racist in a costco parking lot.

we’re not able to find affordable and acceptable accommodation in nz so we’re not about to go pay extortionate rent on a moldy house in the burbs.

so it’s looking likely our next stop is malaysia. totally new to me as i’ve only gone to touristy places.

That's certainly a big change relative to the states or nz. Hope it works out!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 7:04 am

I can see the appeal for Malaysia. When did you get your MM2H and how hard and expensive was it?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 2:23 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 03 Jan 2023 7:04 am
I can see the appeal for Malaysia. When did you get your MM2H and how hard and expensive was it?
i got mine in 2018 iirc. i started looking for a visa agent in 2016, paid one in 2017. just under 10k rm.

it wasn’t hard as i didn’t think i would get it due to my age. i was also not free to complete the visa issuing (separate from application) when it was approved so it took a while.

they needed me to get lots of income documents together, and open an FD in jb. money still can’t be touched.

i tried. the bank officer said nope. it belongs to the feds now.

unfortunately i think the FD amount has gone up significantly. i would not be able to qualify if i had to apply for it now.

there’s a 90 day stay thing but i’ve never done it. at the time i applied only because i was told first hand it doesn’t matter if i am not in MY for 90 days a year.

renewal was also offered by the agent, i believe he quoted about 5k rm. or maybe 3k. i cannot recall…

(all prices in RM) assets in MY 300k, assets outside of MY 500k, monthly income 12k - when i applied.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 2:26 pm

lemme see if i can find receipts. as part of packing up, i’m doing paperwork and filing the past few weeks (did not end in time)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 2:44 pm

taxico wrote:
Sat, 31 Dec 2022 7:56 pm

I’m in the US right now and just sent my wife and daughter to the local grocery store by themselves this evening (little hick town that we are staying in).

They definitely stand out, being the only non-white foreigners in this town (MAGA posters on every corner).

I don’t worry — my wife can handle her own. My kids were doing target practice with my dad’s rifle over the weekend… they loved it.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 3:03 pm

I'd like to meet up with you before you leave. When are you planning to leave?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!