Singapore Expats

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 8:14 pm

JR8 is right... the key to dating here is for it not to be "dating"....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 8:24 pm

Yep, that's it. ^+1

LOL!! :lol:

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 9:24 pm

JR8 wrote:Yep, that's it. ^+1

LOL!! :lol:
When I was single I had fare more casual sex with 'friends' that I ever did on formal dates..... Asian girls warm up doing things.... not sitting around a table discussing yada yada.

Pro tip 1: A private place (condo) and a mode of transport (motorbike) help a lot.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:49 pm

Ooh blimey. Maybe a thread... 'How I used to pull'.

My 90s chapter might be lengthy hehhe... Weyyyy!!?!...

p.s. Getting them in the condo sauna, en route in-doors, always worked for me.

[Clearly taking the mick].

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:31 pm

Think of it this way - privacy is so rare here for single women that, well, privacy when available leads to a lowering of inhibitions.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:46 pm

disgusting ah you lah people!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:30 am

Oh yeah, Sergei comes with a priest behind sprinkling Holy Water.

Pretty cool trick. Wish I'd have thought of it...

HOTXFIL

Post by HOTXFIL » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:29 pm

starman6 wrote:OK Clue me. As you read this post no doubt you will know I need an education in meeting women in Singapore.
:o Total lost and about to give up. A little info for you all so you can perhaps give some good advice.

PLEASE>>> Come on Girls , Ill go out with you in a heart beat if I only knew where to find you.
I've only been here 6 months and I'm totally relating to this.

And online sites like Match and OK Cupid are worthless. Women there are looking for husbands, sugar daddies, or pen pals. And don't get me started on the caucasian women here... If I'm talking to one, they're automatically suspicious because I'm not chasing an Asian instead.

Truly the Land of the Not Quite Right...

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:35 pm

And how picking up women is different in your countries, people?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:55 pm

To find a woman to date -> become gf -> wife

I heard that the chances are, it's a friend of a friend...

And in my country, when you're dating...well, you're already bf/gf. Other than that, we're just "hanging out". source: Millennial generation, Asian country.

Of course, from hanging out into becoming friends with benefits/committed relationship still eludes me. I'm still a newbie on this in my own country. (been in sg since I finally got my confidence) The rest I learned from watching American TV shows...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 1:36 pm

Akimbo wrote:And in my country, when you're dating...well, you're already bf/gf.
Can be the case in Singapore as well and it was the case with me many times. Declaring yourself bf/gf doesn't change the fact if you already are.

Or how else do you want? On your whistle all women around should line up, lie down and spread their legs? Learn to overcome difficulties!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 2:09 pm

HOTXFIL wrote:And online sites like Match and OK Cupid are worthless. Women there are looking for husbands, sugar daddies, or pen pals. And don't get me started on the caucasian women here... If I'm talking to one, they're automatically suspicious because I'm not chasing an Asian instead.

Truly the Land of the Not Quite Right...
Oh God. Even in Europe, despite how much it is touted, online dating brands you (right across the forehead) as a social loser. It's great for instant casual sex, but not to find a keeper.

So you have to de-stigmatise it. There is no easy solution. You can't and won't pay $50 and meet your future spouse.

I recall, post divorce, long ago, considering this, and the various approaches. I certainly met some interesting young ladies. I also got to hear first hand their tactics and approaches. Let's be blunt, they want sex just like you do, and NOW, just they want to dress it up a little more, in polite terms.

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 2:10 pm

starman6 wrote:OK Clue me. As you read this post no doubt you will know I need an education in meeting women in Singapore.
:o Total lost and about to give up. A little info for you all so you can perhaps give some good advice.
1. Been here 3 years now.
2. Good looking older guy, professional, good income, nice guy all round Im told. 3. Tired of looking for places to go. Ill be up front here, am I not finding the right places ?
:mad: After 3 years of living in Singapore Iv not dated much except the internet. Keep reading forums on so called "Pick up Bars" or nice places to meet attractive professional women. All of which mean different things in Singapore. Lets see. " Just from my experience".
Singapore Chinese, Asian women in General seem to stay home, don't go out much, Never see them in Bars looking for a man and the Bars are full of men. Seems like every bar i go to the men out number the women 20-1 Especially down town where a lot of professional men hang out after work. I get a lot of attention from Hookers who follow me around but not the kind of attention I am looking for. Iv tried night clubs, Clark Quey, and other places , Again seems like every girl I approach is working the bar for money and a quick romp.
So good professional Asian girls stay home. Expat girls complain that Expat men have yellow fever and arn't interested in them, Expat men are a dime a dozen , ( Just go down to Boat Quey after working hours) , tried Club street, and Duxton Hill, great places went dressed to impress, few if any Asian girls , lots of Expat men and women but in general with friends or on dates of there own, a single guy can't just butt in and say " Hey mind if I have a drink with your friends !" " Thats just creepy" . Looked at a lot of Forums for "so called" Pick up places. In my day this meant something else, ( like a nice place to meet an attractive women to get to know and date) In Singapore, What do i read ?. BQ they say its a great place to met single attractive expat and local women. " Rubbish" Stayed for 4 hours one Friday night all I saw was expat men and 2-3 girls with them and that was it. Also recommended was the collection of many bars in Boat Quey . Again. lots of beautiful people, to many guys, some party girls and hookers and mostly far to young for me and in any case you couldn't hold a conversation because the music is to loud and crap to hear anyone. How can anyone get to know anyone in a place like this. So I find myself sitting out side at an Irish pub near the fountain with a Beer watching the hookers once again trying there luck with me. Desperate for a real date in Singapore . Can anyone PLEASE recommend some nice places like wine bars and places to meet nice people and conversation in Singapore. PLEASE>>> Come on Girls , Ill go out with you in a heart beat if I only knew where to find you.
I would recommend Meet Up as well. From your post it appears that you're interested in dating someone you can have a conversation with (as opposed to some of the men that are looking for docile bimbettes - no apologies to anyone :P)

In my view, you'd be better off trying to meet people who share similar interests and meetup is a great way to do that.

Vanillaparadox

Where be all the humans??

Post by Vanillaparadox » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 8:56 am

starman6 wrote:
. " Just from my experience".
Singapore Chinese, Asian women in General seem to stay home, don't go out much, ... . Can anyone PLEASE recommend some nice places like wine bars and places to meet nice people and conversation in Singapore. PLEASE>>> Come on Girls , Ill go out with you in a heart beat if I only knew where to find you.
Well I'm an Asian girl, and although I can't speak any Asian language very well at all (even my French and Spanish is a little better than my mandarin =x ) I've lived here in Singapore all my life but still can't wrap my head around exactly that. Why don't more people here just hang out looking for good conversation and to meet new people? Sure I'd like to meet somebody, over coffee/drinks... see where the conversation could go. But i can't see that happening much when most locals seem to think the only appropriate "pick up" places are clubs.

Interesting forum thread ;)

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 9:32 am

I just started Jogging around Macritchie Reservoir with another stay at home Dad, (OK jogging is pushing the boat out,call it a fat man shuffle) but was very surprised to see so many lycra clad women bouncing along, so maybe join a local jogging/hiking group?