Singapore Expats

Just moved to Singapore? I'm about to leave...seeking boxes.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
gonzales
Regular
Regular

Just moved to Singapore? I'm about to leave...seeking boxes.

Post by gonzales » Sat, 25 May 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Folks,
I am reaching out to newly arrived expats that have just unpacked & are settling in.

After 10 gloriously sunny years we are moving on from the little red dot.
We selling off our Barang & packing up.

We are looking to contact any expats that just landed & have boxes lying around their place, I am willing to buy them off you to hold my stuff for the next movement.

I get boxes ,you get $$ & we save a few trees into the bargain.

Anyone??

H.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 25 May 2013 8:02 pm

Not sure how it goes with the international movers but for all domestic rental of the boxes was always a small fraction of the costs and seems for international should be even more negligible. In other words I seriously doubt you will find anyone.
Just google for cardboard boxes, Singapore and there seem to be few option available including some used ones like this:

Size M: 51cmX41cmX41cm =$2.50

Size L: 59cmX40cmX37cm=$3.00

Size XL: 60cmX42cmX48cm=$3.50

Size XXL: 62cmX46cmX76cm=$4.00

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Sat, 25 May 2013 9:50 pm

Thank x9200,

I reckon there are people out there with a corner full of flattened boxes just dying to get rid.
I als hear you on the people who rent but they're not going to work out for my needs.

H.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 26 May 2013 11:18 am

We have already dumped a load but we have over 30 assorted size for the taking. I don't want anything for them but I do need them gone this week, I was going to call the removers to get them.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 May 2013 12:13 pm

x9200 wrote:Not sure how it goes with the international movers but for all domestic rental of the boxes was always a small fraction of the costs and seems for international should be even more negligible. In other words I seriously doubt you will find anyone.
Just google for cardboard boxes, Singapore and there seem to be few option available including some used ones like this:

Size M: 51cmX41cmX41cm =$2.50

Size L: 59cmX40cmX37cm=$3.00

Size XL: 60cmX42cmX48cm=$3.50

Size XXL: 62cmX46cmX76cm=$4.00
There is a shop in Beach Road, in the Plaza hotel shopping center - forgot the name, they got new boxes- similiar prices.

A few of the other box sellers do ask for money in advance, and they ship it from JB ..

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Mon, 27 May 2013 10:22 am

Hannieroo wrote:We have already dumped a load but we have over 30 assorted size for the taking. I don't want anything for them but I do need them gone this week, I was going to call the removers to get them.
Thanks Hannieroo, thats very generous. I can definitely move them by Friday.
I'll PM you shortly to arrange collection.

G.