Singapore Expats

PR rejected

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
frankey

PR rejected

Post by frankey » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 7:27 pm

Hi iam pr and my wife's PR was rejecteted and can i appeale i need help. they simply tell me me to apply after 9 months. can i see MP?

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:21 pm

If they suggest to try again in 9 months the do just that. If you stir up trouble in a place like Singapore you can kiss good-bye the chance of of youre wife ever getting PR
One in the hand is worth two of something

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:26 pm

Seeing an MP will not be any help as they tend to distance themselves from ICA matters otherwise they queues of people begging outside their doors.

Even if you did get a letter from the MP it would probably have a negative effect if the ICA have seen you've been to a MP, probably refuse your application straightaway and tell you not to come back for a couple of years.

If the ICA have said come back in 9 months, that's what you do, you aren't going to change their minds.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:52 pm

Oi! Are you copying me?

Umm, what's that car in your av? Surely you didn't turn hoon when you moved back . . . say it isn't so!

(How's the 'new' job going?)
One in the hand is worth two of something

starbucke

Re: PR rejected

Post by starbucke » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 4:35 pm

frankey wrote:Hi iam pr and my wife's PR was rejecteted and can i appeale i need help. they simply tell me me to apply after 9 months. can i see MP?
PR applicant is subjected to many condition when ICA evaluate an application.

No reason need to be given though

In 9 months time, most likely, without prejudice, you will get the same reply :???: !

MP can't help you much. Remember, they serve Singaporean at their constituency. They can ONLY put up your appeal to the relevant agency, but don't ever think they will go out of line to help you appeal...it is very risky for them to be implicated in allegation!

Try appealing..

Advertising deleted - Moderator

:D

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 5:26 pm

starbucke wrote:Try appealing..
On what grounds? If there is no material change in circumstance then what good will an appeal do?

I could imaging a judge and lawyer:

L: Your Honor, I object.
J: Objection overruled.
L: Your Honor, I really, really object.
J: Objection still overruled.
L: Your Honor, I HUMONGOUSLYobject!!
J: Are you deaf? Objection overruled!

So, if you can demonstrate a material change in facts or circumstances (did you leave out any good information about employment, good deeds, savings, blah, blah blah) then maybe you might have grounds for an appeal by submitting additional relevant documentation. Otherwise, see the judge and lawyer, above.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 5:39 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: I could imaging a judge and lawyer:

L: Your Honor, I object.
J: Objection overruled.
L: Your Honor, I really, really object.
J: Objection still overruled.
L: Your Honor, I HUMONGOUSLYobject!!
J: Are you deaf? Objection overruled!

So, if you can demonstrate a material change in facts or circumstances (did you leave out any good information about employment, good deeds, savings, blah, blah blah) then maybe you might have grounds for an appeal by submitting additional relevant documentation. Otherwise, see the judge and lawyer, above.
Hm, I get a feeling Starbucke is a lawyer from the way he argues.

Having said that I have a shocking discovery, the above lawyer-judge discussions seems so familiar:

About having to bring the garbage out in the pouring rain the other day at littlegreenman's:

Husband: Your Honor, I object.
Wife: Objection overruled.
H: Your Honor, I really, really object.
W: Objection still overruled.
H: Your Honor, I HUMONGOUSLYobject!!
W: Are you deaf? Objection overruled!

Off I went into the rain to bring out the garbage (just cardboard boxes from Ikea).

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:13 am

Saint wrote:Seeing an MP will not be any help as they tend to distance themselves from ICA matters otherwise they queues of people begging outside their doors.
This has not been my experience -- a few friends of mine have been helped out in immigration issues by their MPs. However, this was for family stuff like dependent's passes and LTSVPs, not a simple PR rejection which does not affect your ability to stay on in Singapore, so for this particular case I doubt your MP can or will do anything.
Even if you did get a letter from the MP it would probably have a negative effect if the ICA have seen you've been to a MP, probably refuse your application straightaway and tell you not to come back for a couple of years.
Oh give me a break, this is almost as stupid as the canard we sometimes get about the ICA putting black marks on your application every time you call them to inquire. They're a bureaucracy through and through: their officers follow The Process, and that's it.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague