Singapore Expats

PR application pending, promoted.. any impact?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jesseyyr

PR application pending, promoted.. any impact?

Post by jesseyyr » Thu, 28 May 2015 11:28 am

Hi,
I submitted my PR application on 12/5/15, and recently i was promoted to managerial level from an executive. do i need to submit the letter from my company? will that help in my application? please advise.

thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR application pending, promoted.. any impact?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 May 2015 11:31 am

I would. It can't hurt. In fact it could help (although it puts you on sacred ground here in Singapore, to listen to the locals) being a PMET. But it also could put you directly in the line of fire when the crap hits the fan. But yeah, you should notify them and send them a copy of your promotion letter and note any increment in salary that came with it. good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jesseyyr

Re: PR application pending, promoted.. any impact?

Post by jesseyyr » Thu, 28 May 2015 11:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would. It can't hurt. In fact it could help (although it puts you on sacred ground here in Singapore, to listen to the locals) being a PMET. But it also could put you directly in the line of fire when the crap hits the fan. But yeah, you should notify them and send them a copy of your promotion letter and note any increment in salary that came with it. good luck.
thank you so much sundaymorningapple!!! i will call them up to get the direction on how to add-on my letter... good luck to myself too :)