Singapore Expats

What might be the cause of this skin situation?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Richard_LU

What might be the cause of this skin situation?

Post by Richard_LU » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 1:46 am

Hello everybody

This is Richard from South Korea, 35 male with excellent health.

I have been working in Singapore for the past 4~5 years never had problems with my skin.

However since the beginning of 2010 I noticed that one part above my temple grow red, and after shower, or sweat due to hot weather, I could become whitish while the rest of the skin is alright. I did notice a little itch but not much. It has not getting any better since I became concerned about it since Feb. And it started to make me feel depressed because we take appearances seriously.

Thank you in advance for throwing a light on this condition.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 2:30 am

Please consult a dermatologist for your skin condition. It's better to see a professional who can help you instead of relying on an online forum. You see, not all of us are doctors here. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 7:57 am

Hi Richard, I would like to start by saying that I am definitely not a medical doctor and that I would be offended if you inferred that I was.

I am not going to give you advice on what you should do about this problem because I do not know you or your background. All I can do is tell you what I would do in your situation.

I would:

Stop eating processed foods of any kind.
Only eat foods that have low levels of antinutrients.
*Eat mostly fruits
*Eat 3-4 raw egg yolks per day (Egg white has avidin which blocks Vit B) Buy some freshly squeezed juice (kopitiam, banquet) and mix in a few at a time and you will not even notice them.
*Sashimi (No wasabi or soy)(I'd buy my own and cut myself)
*Avocado and coconut need special mention because fat helps remove many toxins
*Bananas mashed with extra virgin coconut oil (Available cold storage)

Please note that this is not a long term diet. Once a successful outcome has been reached I would SLOWLY start reintroducing food items, I keep a food diary of everything I eat and discontinue a food if it causes a problem. The foods above are chosen because they are as innocuous to the human system as food can be.

Topically, I would apply the extra virgin coconut oil to the redness. The power of coconut oil lies in the fact that it is rich in triglycerides that certain bacteria on the skin will break down into free fatty acids that then exhibit strong antimicrobial action. It is also very good for the skin in general. This may help to clear up the condition if the causal factor is fungal or bacterial.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

Richard_LU

Post by Richard_LU » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:45 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:Please consult a dermatologist for your skin condition. It's better to see a professional who can help you instead of relying on an online forum. You see, not all of us are doctors here. :)
Yeah agree with that. I just wished to find out whether it's common in tropical climate.
I was given Daktacort by medical practitioner at the pharmacy for 1 week, but I havent seen much improvement.

Richard_LU

Post by Richard_LU » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:49 am

SunWuKong wrote:Hi Richard, I would like to start by saying that I am definitely not a medical doctor and that I would be offended if you inferred that I was.

I am not going to give you advice on what you should do about this problem because I do not know you or your background. All I can do is tell you what I would do in your situation.

I would:

Stop eating processed foods of any kind.
Only eat foods that have low levels of antinutrients.
*Eat mostly fruits
*Eat 3-4 raw egg yolks per day (Egg white has avidin which blocks Vit B) Buy some freshly squeezed juice (kopitiam, banquet) and mix in a few at a time and you will not even notice them.
*Sashimi (No wasabi or soy)(I'd buy my own and cut myself)
*Avocado and coconut need special mention because fat helps remove many toxins
*Bananas mashed with extra virgin coconut oil (Available cold storage)

Please note that this is not a long term diet. Once a successful outcome has been reached I would SLOWLY start reintroducing food items, I keep a food diary of everything I eat and discontinue a food if it causes a problem. The foods above are chosen because they are as innocuous to the human system as food can be.

Topically, I would apply the extra virgin coconut oil to the redness. The power of coconut oil lies in the fact that it is rich in triglycerides that certain bacteria on the skin will break down into free fatty acids that then exhibit strong antimicrobial action. It is also very good for the skin in general. This may help to clear up the condition if the causal factor is fungal or bacterial.
Thank you for the suggestions.

I would rather find out the reason before doing something of that scale mentioned by you.

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by missis » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 3:50 pm

Please see a doctor (as a previous poster stated).

esther_english_tuition

Post by esther_english_tuition » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 6:17 pm

hi i also recently had skin problems and i tried different things but the best is to see a derm. i recommend national skin centre because after i had treatment from the derm, my skin has improved and is almost totally back to normal. takes time and patience though. good luck.

angel_green_tea

Post by angel_green_tea » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:46 pm

Please see a doctor

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 9:24 am

Yeah, please see a doctor but just a personal opinion:

Could be skin fungus. Happens in hot, humid weather.

Try:

Shower often and dry well afterwards. Apply tea tree oil neat on the affected area and rub it in, then apply whatever moisturiser you are using. You need to apply it undiluted for it to work well but some people might find it a little strong, so moisturising the area usually lessens the chance for any irritation to occur.

Set your washing machine to hot water option before doing your laundry. You want to get rid of the residual fungi/spores that might still be around your environment. And change your towels and clothing often and try to dry all your laundry in the sun; it helps to disinfect them.

You can get pure tea tree oil from any pharmacy. Good luck.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

dudecfs

What might caused this ski condition

Post by dudecfs » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 1:54 am

Hi Richard,

from the pics i can tell that its fungus. yes often seen in the humid country.
I can experience it on my body at times if i do not take care of the hygene well.

I am using the Anti-baterial Body Cleanser and it helps alot!