Singapore Expats

Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO)

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
speed110

Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO)

Post by speed110 » Wed, 30 May 2007 11:03 pm

Hi, anyone got any knowledge or experience with Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO)?
I am being introduced to VCO which is claimed to have many benefits; including reducing cancer and heart disease risks, promotes weight loss, control diabetes and many other benefits. If anyone has any knowledge, please share on this forum.

bubbly2222

Post by bubbly2222 » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:53 pm

I think you are mistaken this oil does not reduce the risk of cancer. It helps in case of obesity by maintaining cholesterol level. It can also fix digestive disorders. My doctor has advised me to use this oil in order to reduce my weight and I must say it is working. The fatty acids in this oil is converted to energy rather than stored as fats in the body. If you want this oil then you need to contact Canada Pharmacy; I got mine from there. You can use this oil for cooking or as moisturizers (it has a sweet smell)

speed110

VCO can help in weight loss?

Post by speed110 » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:43 am

Thank you bubbly2222 for the info. I was originally introduced to the VCO becos of my overweight problem. I just started taking it about a week ago ... too soon to see the results, I guess. Where is this Canadian Pharmacy? In Singapore? The 1 bottle I got cost me $25. It's a 250 ml bottle. Anyone knows if I can get it cheaper elsewhere ..? :)

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:11 pm

i purchased a bottle a few months ago recently from my beautican. i think it is 250ml too and i paid $22. If you are interested, i will check and confirm the price again.
Faith4ever

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:41 pm

Faith4ever2 wrote:i purchased a bottle a few months ago recently from my beautican. i think it is 250ml too and i paid $22. If you are interested, i will check and confirm the price again.
As we have no problem with recommendations of business that have been used by our readers, we would appreciate it if you would just post the name of the shop and contact/location so our other readers can drop by or call for appointments/purchases. Otherwise we might think.........

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:20 am

I would take it that posting such information would make it more like it.. haha..

Anyway, my beautican is homebased and do not have a shop. Anyone who is interested can email her at [email protected] ;-)
Faith4ever

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:37 pm

Faith4ever2 wrote:I would take it that posting such information would make it more like it.. haha..

Anyway, my beautican is homebased and do not have a shop. Anyone who is interested can email her at [email protected] ;-)
haha..... :roll:

there is a difference between a 3 party recommending something and a 1st party advertising.

And why does it not surprise me that your beautican :o is home based. Wonder where she/he gets their supplies from?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 2:46 pm

What is wrong with my beautican being homebased? In fact, i find some homebased services are better than those that have salons or shops.

Faith4ever

cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cherryblue » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 1:35 pm

Would anyone care to share more the benefit of the virgin coconut oil?
I saw the show in Channel News Asia recently, the Philippino beutician is recommending it for beauty care.
I wonder if it is really true, it is also said that many of the Philipino ladies used the product.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Cherry

joliefemme536

Cold Pressed Coconut Oil

Post by joliefemme536 » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:09 pm

Is there a spot in Singapore that sells cold pressed coconut oil?

Jennifer

sharielzoe

Post by sharielzoe » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:50 am

I think they sell VCO in Lucky Plaza in some Filipino sotres there..

dx7

Post by dx7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:15 pm

NTUC Fairprice sells Virgin Coconut Oil at its branches at Bukit Timah Plaza and Thomson Plaza.

I'd be interested to know as well if anyone finds cold pressed or expeller pressed coconut oil.

jauchet

Post by jauchet » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 7:53 pm

Faith4ever2 wrote:i purchased a bottle a few months ago recently from my beautican. i think it is 250ml too and i paid $22. If you are interested, i will check and confirm the price again.

hi i am interested and i think VCO have no side effect bec. its natural right?? please asked the price thanks

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:08 am

yes, i have read alot about VCO
my aunt recommended she is a gp , she suffered from cancer but she because she did alot of research foods on cancer cells , she has been very careful with her selections of food, her cancer cells are under control
it is actually considered as a weight management product.

VCO is among the foods she encourages to use to cook, she uses it for frying, drizzling on salads and yes it can also be used for skin.

my aunt, myself and a few colleagues order organic VCO from Life Extension once a month,
http://www.lef.org/

there is also VCO selling at mustafa, but its not organic
08:midriff,thighs,arms vaser|face lipodissolve@TLC 09:lasik@PSLC|ceremic braces@alfred cheng|lipo revision@medan NEXT:lipo@medan|jaw@winston tan|nose@bk

gl456

Post by gl456 » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 1:24 pm

http://howiclearedmyacne.blogspot.com/2 ... -acne.html

According to this guy, it helps tremendously for clearing up your acne.
And please don't think that is a money-making site. It gives real info on how to get rid of acne and sells NOTHING. It's all free info.