Singapore Expats

kidney stone problem

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Umajoshi

kidney stone problem

Post by Umajoshi » Sat, 07 Jan 2023 5:50 pm

If I had a kidney stone removed, can I get another one?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: kidney stone problem

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Jan 2023 7:52 pm

Yes. Over and over and over. Unless you take care of the background problem. e.g., diet (usually the cause - there are two type of stones. calcium stones and uric acid stones. both are painful as hell. Today, however they can be broken up fairly easily using lasers, unlike my experience one year about 30 years ago before lasers when they used ultrasound to beat the hell out of your kidney(s) and pulverize the stones to much small particles that can be passed through the urinary tract, albeit painfully. You would piss blood for a week afterwards.
Mine were always uric acid stones as i have a 40 year history of gout. Gout can cause the stones (not just the joint pains and growths. :cry:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: kidney stone problem

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 10 Jan 2023 8:56 pm

Will need to watch your diet and fluid intake for long term management. My GP friend said he sees a lot amongst marathon runners, people most likely to dehydrate in SG.

Get on the cranberry juice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more