Singapore Expats

Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by malcontent » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:03 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:05 pm
We’ve got quite a bit of spare capacity since we no longer entertain due to COVID, sounds like I’ve got a new use for the wine fridge! I’m not a huge fan of Reese’s, never really liked peanuts or peanut butter, and especially not mixed with chocolate. My whole family thinks I’m crazy for this, especially my daughter. My personal favorite chocolate bar (if you can even consider it a chocolate bar) is kinder bueno. Chocolate covered wafers filled with hazelnut cream. The absolute best.
I’ve got a quasi-built-in, under the counter 36 bottle wine fridge and have at most a dozen bottles in there at any given time. However, it always seems to be full.

Besides butter and chocolate, we use it to chill fruits intended for juicing (saves space in the regular fridge), and I also stick any open boxes of cereal in there so that ants can’t get into them (ants seem to love honey bunches of oats, for example).
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:38 am

Some places have them divided up by gender. Some do not, but they are still entirely private. Either way, they are perfectly safe from what I can see.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 3:38 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:38 am
Some places have them divided up by gender. Some do not, but they are still entirely private. Either way, they are perfectly safe from what I can see.
I see, this is a relief. Call it paranoia, but I believe it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 3:42 am

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:03 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:05 pm
We’ve got quite a bit of spare capacity since we no longer entertain due to COVID, sounds like I’ve got a new use for the wine fridge! I’m not a huge fan of Reese’s, never really liked peanuts or peanut butter, and especially not mixed with chocolate. My whole family thinks I’m crazy for this, especially my daughter. My personal favorite chocolate bar (if you can even consider it a chocolate bar) is kinder bueno. Chocolate covered wafers filled with hazelnut cream. The absolute best.
I’ve got a quasi-built-in, under the counter 36 bottle wine fridge and have at most a dozen bottles in there at any given time. However, it always seems to be full.

Besides butter and chocolate, we use it to chill fruits intended for juicing (saves space in the regular fridge), and I also stick any open boxes of cereal in there so that ants can’t get into them (ants seem to love honey bunches of oats, for example).
Ours is a 28 bottle fridge, used to always be full or close to full but now we rarely have more than ten or so bottles so we have quite a bit of room. I don’t think ours will be able to accommodate a cereal box (personally I use plastic reusable cereal boxes to store the cereal once opened- keeps it airtight so it stays fresh and ant-free) but I can see butter, chocolate, and maybe some small candy working out well. Keeping chocolate in the fridge is a pain, it gets so hard you could crack a tooth!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm

I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm
I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
Well, snickers is largely caramel and peanut based, it’s brittle and not solid the way pure chocolate is. If I slammed a Cadbury bar on the table, chances are it would break the table.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 1:50 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm
Well, snickers is largely caramel and peanut based, it’s brittle and not solid the way pure chocolate is. If I slammed a Cadbury bar on the table, chances are it would break the table.
Cadbury Caramello bar is a favorite of mine. I get the 180g bar and break off 4 squares at a time, but try to limit myself to 2 squares a day… only when I’m full, after a meal. It’s my after dinner dessert!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am

From gym membership to chocolate bars - quite a transformation in discussion!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 3:46 pm

Addadude wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am
I’m always happy to discuss chocolate, its part of the reason why I need to go to the gym!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 3:48 pm

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 1:50 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm
Cadbury Caramello bar is a favorite of mine. I get the 180g bar and break off 4 squares at a time, but try to limit myself to 2 squares a day… only when I’m full, after a meal. It’s my after dinner dessert!
My personal favorite is the crunchie bar with honeycomb pieces, 2 pieces is not nearly enough for me, I limit my intake to 4 pieces (one row).

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 6:58 pm

Addadude wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am
Indeed, it’s all about motivation!