Singapore Expats

Covid numbers are still high

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Covid numbers are still high

Post by abbby » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 4:25 pm

Numbers still looking high and many new clusters, are we moving to a stage where its becoming an endemic?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapo ... 12-2172286
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Covid numbers are still high

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 4:29 pm

More like moving towards a major F....up! unless they do something about the children in a hurry. Sure can't depend on parents to do the right thing. Not from what I've seen over the past 1.5 years.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 4:29 pm
More like moving towards a major F....up! unless they do something about the children in a hurry. Sure can't depend on parents to do the right thing. Not from what I've seen over the past 1.5 years.
Exactly. The issue is that young children under 12 cannot be vaccinated. My thoughts are if you can’t vaxx them, keep them at home to keep them and everyone else safe. But then again, thats not feasible.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:41 pm

abbby wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 4:25 pm
Numbers still looking high and many new clusters, are we moving to a stage where its becoming an endemic?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapo ... 12-2172286
So disheartening, seems like daily cases are increasing in number over time when it should be the other way around.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 1:01 am

Perhaps there is a silver lining… there are two ways to build immunity - either get the vaccine or you get the disease. And, according to the latest reports, if you get the vaccine and get the disease, then your immunity will apparently be extraordinary.

It’s also better this is happening now rather than earlier. Just about everyone has had a chance to get vaxxed, my son was the last in our family, because he is younger, and he got the 2nd dose last week. It’s all walk-in basis right now, and hardly anyone was there.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:33 am

So disheartening to see the numbers climbing .... Isn't there other ways to control? Seems like losing control now.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 9:31 pm

Israel's cases are climbing, but the deaths and O2 needs are going down. That's what vaxxing does. Doesn't stop you from catching the virus, but if you get it, it's not going to be a death warrant unless you have some really bad background medical issues. Deaths here are going to rise in tandem with infections but the percentage of deaths will certainly go down when based against infections as the infections will be much milder an in all likelihood, be able to not have to be admitted for treatment but Quarantine at Home. Which is the stupidest thing I've heard of as none of the people making policy have obviously never lived in an HDB. Where one common toilet is off of the kitchen usually and the other toilet is usually in the Master Bedroom. so if a 3rd party in the house is infected, that means the residents in the master bedroom have to vacate and somehow move all their clothes, etc, etc, out and sleep in some other part of the house. Stupid.

They are not losing control. They've never had control. They've been play-playing and playing to the gallery for well over a years and milking it for all it's worth. Now the whole world is seeing the crap here as it really is. For the past 12 months they have only been reactionary instead of proactive. I fear that the PAP is going to really feel it in the next GE.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:45 am

It has touched 1000+ today. I think part of the public is worried only for the unvaccinated Children <12 years otherwise i guess unanimously or atleast most would have appreciated an endemic strategy that the gahmen was working on. This is what i gather based on all comments in ST and CNA on their FB pages while 50% of them are fake wu mao IDs there still seems to be some genuine concerns from families with kids.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Sep 2021 8:46 pm

This might brighten things up a wee bit. Wonder how long before it get the go ahead for the 5 to 11 year olds. Pfizer says good things about the vax for covid-19 for those kids.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... PsToN3wzJE

https://apnews.com/article/business-sci ... 9690ed94c5

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:42 am

abbby wrote:
Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:33 am
So disheartening to see the numbers climbing .... Isn't there other ways to control? Seems like losing control now.
I’m worried we’ll have to enter another lockdown, this is pretty much the highest number of average daily cases we’ve had, over a thousand a day.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:44 am

Sat, 18 Sep 2021 9:31 pm
Israel's cases are climbing, but the deaths and O2 needs are going down. That's what vaxxing does. Doesn't stop you from catching the virus, but if you get it, it's not going to be a death warrant unless you have some really bad background medical issues. Deaths here are going to rise in tandem with infections but the percentage of deaths will certainly go down when based against infections as the infections will be much milder an in all likelihood, be able to not have to be admitted for treatment but Quarantine at Home. Which is the stupidest thing I've heard of as none of the people making policy have obviously never lived in an HDB. Where one common toilet is off of the kitchen usually and the other toilet is usually in the Master Bedroom. so if a 3rd party in the house is infected, that means the residents in the master bedroom have to vacate and somehow move all their clothes, etc, etc, out and sleep in some other part of the house. Stupid.

They are not losing control. They've never had control. They've been play-playing and playing to the gallery for well over a years and milking it for all it's worth. Now the whole world is seeing the crap here as it really is. For the past 12 months they have only been reactionary instead of proactive. I fear that the PAP is going to really feel it in the next GE.
Exactly. They seem to be flip flopping between aiming for zero cases and treating the virus as endemic, when these two goals are inherently contradictory.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:45 am

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 18 Sep 2021 1:01 am
Perhaps there is a silver lining… there are two ways to build immunity - either get the vaccine or you get the disease. And, according to the latest reports, if you get the vaccine and get the disease, then your immunity will apparently be extraordinary.

It’s also better this is happening now rather than earlier. Just about everyone has had a chance to get vaxxed, my son was the last in our family, because he is younger, and he got the 2nd dose last week. It’s all walk-in basis right now, and hardly anyone was there.
Even if that is true, isn’t building immunity through getting vaxxed preferable to getting the virus?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:46 am

sp786 wrote:
Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:45 am
It has touched 1000+ today. I think part of the public is worried only for the unvaccinated Children <12 years otherwise i guess unanimously or atleast most would have appreciated an endemic strategy that the gahmen was working on. This is what i gather based on all comments in ST and CNA on their FB pages while 50% of them are fake wu mao IDs there still seems to be some genuine concerns from families with kids.
Worried because it’s been over a thousand a day for 3 or 4 days now. Think the government is trying to “protect” primary school children by having them stay home, but I’m pretty sure they are only doing so to ensure PSLE can carry on as planned.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:48 am

Mon, 20 Sep 2021 8:46 pm
This might brighten things up a wee bit. Wonder how long before it get the go ahead for the 5 to 11 year olds. Pfizer says good things about the vax for covid-19 for those kids.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... PsToN3wzJE

https://apnews.com/article/business-sci ... 9690ed94c5
Finally some positive news. Once the vaccine is approved for young children, there will be no excuse for cases to continue soaring as everyone will be able to get vaccinated. Can’t wait for the day to come.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 5:25 pm

Lisa, you are not listening either apparently, no offence meant, but it seems to be the norm here among locals. Getting vaccinated will NOT prevent you from catching Covid. What it will do, is reduce the chances of a major infection requiring hospitalization/O2/or ICU. But ART will still show up as infected and you may or may not show any symptoms. Just like I did when I caught Dengue July of 2020.