Singapore Expats

How to lose weight?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to lose weight?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:13 pm

SGBoyxxx, he is a spammer using digitalocean, a worldwide ISP notoriously famous for spammers and other such lowly digital world inhabitants. He is 12 hours behind you as the East Coast of the US is where he's posting from (New Jersey). it was 3 in the afternoon there. ;-) they like to post a lot of innocuous posts and then come back and edit them or add signature spam links to their messages, etc.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 1:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:13 pm
SGBoyxxx, he is a spammer using digitalocean, a worldwide ISP notoriously famous for spammers and other such lowly digital world inhabitants. He is 12 hours behind you as the East Coast of the US is where he's posting from (New Jersey). it was 3 in the afternoon there. ;-) they like to post a lot of innocuous posts and then come back and edit them or add signature spam links to their messages, etc.
ah, I see.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:31 pm

Most importantly reduce food intake while exercising regularly.

bananahannah

Post by bananahannah » Fri, 04 Dec 2020 4:18 pm

During my first job I lost 13kg (68kg to 55kg) in less than 2 months. What I did then was just cut back on carbs (didn't eat dinner) and slept really early, like 8-9pm every day

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:15 am

bananahannah wrote:
Fri, 04 Dec 2020 4:18 pm
During my first job I lost 13kg (68kg to 55kg) in less than 2 months. What I did then was just cut back on carbs (didn't eat dinner) and slept really early, like 8-9pm every day
Wow, how did you get used to skipping dinner? I don't think I can sleep without dinner...
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

bananahannah

Post by bananahannah » Mon, 21 Dec 2020 2:01 pm

abbby wrote:
Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:15 am
bananahannah wrote:
Fri, 04 Dec 2020 4:18 pm
Wow, how did you get used to skipping dinner? I don't think I can sleep without dinner...
I guess it's coz at the time I was so tired from work so when I got home I just slept :D no energy to eat haha but when I did adjust at work, i think my body just got used to not eating dinner (instead just eat breakfast and lunch).

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 1:24 am

No matter how much you exercise, the only way to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficit. This means to burn more calories than you consume. Diet pills, weight loss programs, and other commercial methods of losing weight are all gimmicks for the most part. Just make sure to reduce your food intake while exercising more frequently.

YvonneChong

Post by YvonneChong » Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:57 am

Have been on weight program for 55 days now, total weight lose 9KG. Visceral fat - 6.5%. Most importantly changed of lifestyle and diet. =)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 8:31 pm

YvonneChong wrote:
Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:57 am
Have been on weight program for 55 days now, total weight lose 9KG. Visceral fat - 6.5%. Most importantly changed of lifestyle and diet. =)
Which weight program have you been on specifically? I’ve been thinking of going on a ketogenic diet, I’m not sure if you’re familiar with it but the results seem promising.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 12:53 am

alexaben wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 2:54 pm
is keto diet is effective for lose weight?
Supposedly, I’ve never tried it though so I’m not sure. I’ve been thinking about trying for a long time but haven’t been sure if its worth the sacrifice of not eating carbs.

ashishkumarji

Post by ashishkumarji » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 7:48 pm

my weight i 85 KG and i want to lose weight, any one here can tell me how?
Last edited by ashishkumarji on Tue, 04 May 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:56 pm

Stop eating the 4 white killer starches and cut out salt & sugar (especially in soft drinks) eat more green leafy veggies. Eat 3 times a day with only one protein source in each meal. Don't eat Pork or fatty beef, don't eat chicken skin (but eat sufficient quantities of poultry, just not the skin or dark meat. East small portions but chew longer on each bite (this give the food more chance to send chemical flags through the blood stream to the brain where serotonin with send the signal that your have eaten enough. Oh, use a small dinner plate as well. Psychologically you will not notice the smaller quantities of food that way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:57 pm

The problem is you haven't told us anything about your self. Male/Female, Height, age, smoker or not. Active or sedentary. Do you have a regular program of exercise?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:59 pm

I also currently weigh 85 kg but I'm only 1.65m tall and I'm 74 years old so pretty sedentary. I should be weighing around 70~71 kg. And I did up till i retired 2 years ago. :-( between retirement and covid. it sucks.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 10:58 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:59 pm
I also currently weigh 85 kg but I'm only 1.65m tall and I'm 74 years old so pretty sedentary. I should be weighing around 70~71 kg. And I did up till i retired 2 years ago. :-( between retirement and covid. it sucks.
Start small. Eat a little better and maybe try swimming. It exercises most of the bodies muscles without putting weight and pressure on the joints.