Singapore Expats

PR application still pending. applied June 2018

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
kiko210

PR application still pending. applied June 2018

Post by kiko210 » Mon, 11 Mar 2019 4:51 pm

Hi fellow expats,

Im a filipino working here in SG since 2007 and I applied PR twice already. First time was on 2009 during recession and second was 2011 and both got rejected. I applied again last June 2018 after 11 years of stay here. Until now it's still pending in the online status. It's been almost 9 months next week and I don't know whether its a good or bad sign. But according to what I've heard the longer you wait the better the chances. So I want to be positive.

Anyone of you have same situation of 9 months or longer pending & waiting for result? and what are the outcome. Please share your experiences. Thanks for viewing. Cheers!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR application still pending. applied June 2018

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Mar 2019 5:46 pm

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. From over a dozen years on this board, it's split probably 50:50. e.g., the length of time has absolutely no bearing on the final outcome of your application. It can still go either way. Flip a coin.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kiko210

Post by kiko210 » Mon, 11 Mar 2019 6:36 pm

So what might be the reason that the application take so long to release unlike others who got their results in 6 months or less and got rejected.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:56 am

kiko210 wrote:So what might be the reason that the application take so long to release unlike others who got their results in 6 months or less and got rejected.
You will be in a different pot from those who have been here a short time , who are married and who are kids etc etc

Every application is done on its merits , even two identical applications one may get rejected and one approved.

As its online , do you think that you should know the result the instant you upload your info??
Life is short, paddle harder!!

kiko210

Post by kiko210 » Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:39 am

I’m not sure what you mean by your last statement. Please enlighten me.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:23 pm

If you didn't understand his last statement, I might just think they have reason to keep thinking about it. You need more than enlightening. Do you have an entitlement complex? Ask the guy who has waited for 21 months and then was rejected. Or ask the other who waited 23 months and was accepted. Each case is different and as has been said once if not a thousand times on this board, how long is a piece of string. That's how long you will wait. You guess is as good as anybody's. We don't have an inside track to the ICA or the MOM. Just lots of years following them and trying to guess trends, but the time it takes is one that is beyond guessing.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 13 Mar 2019 8:13 am

The new e-rep system which was introduced last year may have injected some kinks into the system. It is possible that the ease of application (now online) encouraged many people to apply thus extending the processing time. I could be wrong because the 100 sgd fee per application will also stop some people from constantly applying.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Mar 2019 11:08 am

The guys who waited 21~23 months were not a victim of the new e-rep system. It all comes down to the vetting processes just like it always has except now they are fully vetting before granting due to the vast numbers of fraudulent documents having been uncovered in recent years (even those who were already here on EP (such as educators with fake/suspect degrees recently uncovered).

Stay Positive

Post by Stay Positive » Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:23 am

kiko210 wrote:
Mon, 11 Mar 2019 4:51 pm
Hi fellow expats,

Im a filipino working here in SG since 2007 and I applied PR twice already. First time was on 2009 during recession and second was 2011 and both got rejected. I applied again last June 2018 after 11 years of stay here. Until now it's still pending in the online status. It's been almost 9 months next week and I don't know whether its a good or bad sign. But according to what I've heard the longer you wait the better the chances. So I want to be positive.

Anyone of you have same situation of 9 months or longer pending & waiting for result? and what are the outcome. Please share your experiences. Thanks for viewing. Cheers!
For me too. I also submitted May 2018. Still pending..

Tay Za

Post by Tay Za » Fri, 30 Aug 2019 9:08 am

Any outcome so far?

baltazarg

Post by baltazarg » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 12:13 pm

kiko210 wrote:
Mon, 11 Mar 2019 4:51 pm
Hi fellow expats,

Mine has been pending for 1yr+3mo, this is my 4th application.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 1:15 pm

12 to 18 month wait, regardless of how many times you applied. Unless you are patently unacceptable which may only take 2 or 3 months (also can be approved in 3 or 4 months if one is a Rocket Scientist or Neurosurgeon with good credentials). But length of wait is not an indicator of either acceptance or rejection (we've seen some of each go over 20 months in the last couple of years). Persistence and patience.

baltazarg

Post by baltazarg » Fri, 04 Oct 2019 3:13 pm

Nahhh, two of my closest friend got accepted on their first application, just in 4 months. Very similar profile with me, one is "just" a graphic designer, the other is a civil engineer.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Oct 2019 4:36 pm

Unless you are a perfect clone of them (including the family size, history, whereabouts, and everything else), you are NOT very similar with the exception of maybe your degree and the fact that you of a particular gender, age and nationality.So, say Nahhh all you want. you are the still waiting and wondering why. How can your profiles be similar if one is 'just' a graphic designer and the other a civil engr. Already you profiles aren't even similar except maybe gender and race/nationality.

baltazarg

Post by baltazarg » Fri, 04 Oct 2019 5:50 pm

Regardless, my point is it doesn't matter whether you are a rocket scientist or a fresh graduate.

I am not wondering why, I know its just a game of chance and I am patiently waiting for the result.