Singapore Expats Forum

Please read and give me your thoughts... need my ep asap!!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:49 pm

If you can document that you have been cohabiting with your boyfriend before he accepted the EP, you may qualify for a LTVSP. This will open the door for a LOC, though it's based on you providing legal affidavit and documentation and the fact that MOM treats all applicants on their own merits, but they can be quite flexible too.

For the HR too recieve a rejection is no surprise, as the HR must sell the reasons why they are taking you, rather than a PR or citizen, one may need too work on the selling points, to convince MOM you are special, this maybe in some sort of language target area of your employee position, or some skill set, that a locals may have in short supply. Other than that MOM will say take a local.

Though the acceptance of LTVSP being issued for western culture for cohabiting, may not guarantee Asian culture, the same rights, as i said it's on a case by case scenerio. But don't give up on hope, if hope is all you have! Where there is a will there is a way!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:01 pm

She's Indian and cohabiting in India is never going to be legally regarded as of equal weight to marriage. So my view is that that route is out.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 2:05 am

JR8 wrote:She's Indian and cohabiting in India is never going to be legally regarded as of equal weight to marriage. So my view is that that route is out.
I agree JR8, though if she has close connection to UK, and the language she is using appears to indicate she has, she may still be in with a chance, if she resides in UK and document cohabiting.

How many Indians use the bogged down expression! Sounds more like a Lancashire lass :shock: :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 3:00 am

ksl wrote:
JR8 wrote:I agree JR8, though if she has close connection to UK, and the language she is using appears to indicate she has, she may still be in with a chance, if she resides in UK and document cohabiting.

How many Indians use the bogged down expression! Sounds more like a Lancashire lass :shock: :lol:

If you'd read the thread we wouldn't need to be having this conversation!

p.s. BTW nice to see you back, I thought that gruel that you sell had got the better of you ;)