Singapore Expats

Expected Salary for Hotel Line

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Expected Salary for Hotel Line

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 6:21 pm

Dear all expats,

I'm interested in the hotel line and am trying out for some interviews. Currently, I'm working as a cabin crew and have been working there for a year. Before that I'm working as a tour officer for a prestige travel agency for 2 years. So I'm wondering how much should I put as my expected salary for either a Guest Relation Officers or Guest Services Executives post?

Looking forward to any kind replies, which will certainly aids in my advancement.

Thank you,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

ohsoon

Post by ohsoon » Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:38 am

Hotel Line are pay are really depend on your experiences...Since you have an experience of Cabin Crew..You Might get a chance to get a higher post like assistant manager?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 18 Mar 2007 5:33 pm

ohsoon wrote:Hotel Line are pay are really depend on your experiences...Since you have an experience of Cabin Crew..You Might get a chance to get a higher post like assistant manager?
Dear ohsoon,

Thank you so much for your reply and encouragement.. I'm really lost right now as the place I'm working has excellent environment and I really felt at home. Just that there is not much encouragement from my company itself and no promotion or big bonus to look forward to. So feeling abit demoralized and thinking of changing a new job. But it seems like I'm job hopping and I don't think it will look good in my resume right? However, if I really wanna set up a career for myself, I should start soon right?? Really lost..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 18 Mar 2007 6:03 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: But it seems like I'm job hopping and I don't think it will look good in my resume right? Best Regards,
Julie Tan
This can be a problem but it may depend on whether or not you can justify your actions. A good many cabin crew don't last that long, perhaps what might be more important is how long you spent in previous jobs? However, the average Singaporean changes his/her job every two years (I am reliably informed) so it may not be that difficult.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:12 am

Plavt wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: But it seems like I'm job hopping and I don't think it will look good in my resume right? Best Regards,
Julie Tan
This can be a problem but it may depend on whether or not you can justify your actions. A good many cabin crew don't last that long, perhaps what might be more important is how long you spent in previous jobs? However, the average Singaporean changes his/her job every two years (I am reliably informed) so it may not be that difficult.
Dear Plavt,

Yah.. For my last job working in a travel agency, I worked for around 2years. I just hope that they don't see me as a job hopper.. Heez.. Pretty nervous.. It's been a while since I'm stepping into non-cabin-crew interviews.. Wish me luck! tomorrow's the BIG day..

Thanks for your advice though..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

butterf|y

Post by butterf|y » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 8:09 pm

Hi sweets, I was working as a cabin crew for 2 years after graduating from a local polytechnic and after that i applied to Shangri la hotel to work as a guest relation officer. My pay was only $1.6k though i stated in my application that I wanted 2k. That was the max.

And dun expect to be given the position as an Assistant manager as you have only flown for a year. I dunno about other 4 star hotels. But the top hotels in Singapore, you will probably only be earning at most 1.8k.

I think you should expect your salary to be in the range of 1.3k - 1.8k for the position of a GRO.
What doesn't break me, shall only make me stronger.

endlssorrow

Post by endlssorrow » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:27 am

agree with butterf|y.
but u still can try =)

angel_rose
Regular
Regular
Location: On earth "Values are only measured by the importance it has to you"

Post by angel_rose » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:21 pm

hi....one thing about working in the hotel is that meals provided and nice ambiance,especially if you are working for those five star hotels...but the salary here is not as good as other sector though.... :wink:

vix

Post by vix » Thu, 03 May 2007 3:26 pm

errh ... not so sure about that. most offices in hotels are located at the most unaccessible places and not next to your presidential suites .... meals in staff lounge are modest to say the least. but there's a lot of glamor in hotel jobs, so that'd be enuf to compensate

angel_rose
Regular
Regular

Post by angel_rose » Fri, 04 May 2007 5:50 pm

It depends on which department are you working with...i was referring more to the operations and front line staff coz she was asking for guest relation position :wink:

vix

Post by vix » Sat, 05 May 2007 1:26 pm

whatever ... you are lucky to be working in a good hotel.

Worked as both, and between GRO and FA, I rather go with FA. juz my opinion ....

angel_rose
Regular
Regular

Post by angel_rose » Sat, 05 May 2007 4:29 pm

Coffee or tea Sir/Madam????Whatever.....:lol:

rubysg

Post by rubysg » Sat, 05 May 2007 5:16 pm

Try www.jobstreet.com.sg , look at the right bottom hand corner, you will be able to view industry-specific general information on pay which may not be that exact but at least you can have a general idea.

You can also explore job opportunities in the fashion industry too.

Best of Luck!

youdunsay
Regular
Regular

Post by youdunsay » Sat, 19 May 2007 5:26 pm

May I know what is FA?

Would there be a good placement if one had worked in overseas resort before for around 6 months?

angel_rose
Regular
Regular

Post by angel_rose » Thu, 24 May 2007 3:43 pm

FA stands for Flight Attendance,cabin crew,air stewardess,or high class waitress...
*lo que siembres cosecharás
quien siembra vientos recoge tempestades*