Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
User avatar
malcontent
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 1
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by malcontent » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 4:47 am

NYY1 wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 3:05 pm
Sometimes I am surprised that you have lived here for 20 (?) years. In the near future, I think you will make a great Chairman of the Previously Lived in Singapore Association.
It’s been 27 years, which seems absolutely crazy to me… but SMS has me beat by a long shot!
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters ~ Epictetus

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39415
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:45 pm

Hence my Avatar. :lol: Two weeks ago I celebrated my 40th Anniversary of my arrival here on June 11, 1982! I did a 3 day recon run here 15 years earlier. Lots of differences when I arrived in 1982 compared to the 3 day recon in 1967. 🚁 :o :shock: :cool: :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 29 Jun 2022 1:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:45 pm
Hence my Avatar. :lol: Two weeks ago I celebrated my 40th Anniversary of my arrival here on June 11, 1982! I did a 3 day recon run here 15 years earlier. Lots of differences when I arrived in 1982 compared to the 3 day recon in 1967. 🚁 :o :shock: :cool: :mrgreen:
That’s absolutely bonkers SMS! Happy anniversary! At this point you would’ve spent more of your life in Singapore than in the states, no?

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 29 Jun 2022 1:45 am

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 4:47 am
NYY1 wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 3:05 pm
Sometimes I am surprised that you have lived here for 20 (?) years. In the near future, I think you will make a great Chairman of the Previously Lived in Singapore Association.
It’s been 27 years, which seems absolutely crazy to me… but SMS has me beat by a long shot!
Nearly 3 decades! Good enough.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39415
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 5:18 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Jun 2022 1:44 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:45 pm
Hence my Avatar. :lol: Two weeks ago I celebrated my 40th Anniversary of my arrival here on June 11, 1982! I did a 3 day recon run here 15 years earlier. Lots of differences when I arrived in 1982 compared to the 3 day recon in 1967. 🚁 :o :shock: :cool: :mrgreen:
That’s absolutely bonkers SMS! Happy anniversary! At this point you would’ve spent more of your life in Singapore than in the states, no?
I passed the half way point almost 5 years ago. I was 35 when I arrived and I'll be 75 in September.
:o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 9:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Jun 2022 5:18 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Jun 2022 1:44 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:45 pm
Hence my Avatar. :lol: Two weeks ago I celebrated my 40th Anniversary of my arrival here on June 11, 1982! I did a 3 day recon run here 15 years earlier. Lots of differences when I arrived in 1982 compared to the 3 day recon in 1967. 🚁 :o :shock: :cool: :mrgreen:
That’s absolutely bonkers SMS! Happy anniversary! At this point you would’ve spent more of your life in Singapore than in the states, no?
I passed the half way point almost 5 years ago. I was 35 when I arrived and I'll be 75 in September.
:o
That’s what I figured, I know you’re under 80 so 40 years would’ve been more than half either way. Crazy to think about, that’s a hell of a long time.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39415
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 3:56 pm

I have two grown children (born in the old KK hospital in '84 & '89) both married and have children (3 total). I only have three blood relatives left alive in the US (Sister - will be 73 in a couple of week, her daughter ~51 and grandson) Got more blood here now as well. Outliving everybody!!!! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 6:17 pm

Re: Can anyone please let me know if 190k in 2022 a good salary in Singapore ?

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 3:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 3:56 pm
I have two grown children (born in the old KK hospital in '84 & '89) both married and have children (3 total). I only have three blood relatives left alive in the US (Sister - will be 73 in a couple of week, her daughter ~51 and grandson) Got more blood here now as well. Outliving everybody!!!! :cool:
may God bless you with many more years :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests