Singapore Expats

NUS vs ISS NUS

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
KaleNovice

NUS vs ISS NUS

Post by KaleNovice » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 10:54 am

Does anyone know what's the difference when it comes to NUS and ISS NUS?

When doing MOM work pass assessment, students graduating from NUS should be eligible for EP at around 2500. But it seems for ISS NUS, it requires very high salary in order to qualify.

May I know why such a big difference? :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: NUS vs ISS NUS

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:24 pm

I believe, what you might be referring to, is the consideration to Malaysian graduates who are given a lower minimum salary for EP at $2500, versus $3300 or $3400 for everybody else. Not sure what ISS stands for but it may be the designation used to differentiate between Local/Malaysian and foreign students from the rest of the world. You will note that the lower requirements are not noted on the income requirements for EP applicants on the MOM site. It's not published but it is there and known about.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

KaleNovice

Post by KaleNovice » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:20 pm

Nope, I'm actually asking about the difference between NUS and Institute of System Science of NUS. I have seen foreigners graduating from both institutes under Graduate Diploma, with the former eligible for EP at $2500 and the latter eligible for EP at $4k above when you conduct MOM SAT. But both of them are serving tuition grant bond.

Almost exactly the same institute to an outsider like me, but so much difference in terms of EP eligibility.

Also, these foreign graduates will most likely be getting "EP eligibility letter" , but I'm wondering what is the actual use of this "EP eligibility letter" when you still need that high of a salary to qualify for EP after you graduated from ISS of NUS.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Aug 2019 2:14 pm

Never heard of it. No idea. Sorry, but maybe one of our readers has some insight on this and will respond.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Aug 2019 6:34 pm

KaleNovice wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:20 pm
Nope, I'm actually asking about the difference between NUS and Institute of System Science of NUS. I have seen foreigners graduating from both institutes under Graduate Diploma, with the former eligible for EP at $2500 and the latter eligible for EP at $4k above when you conduct MOM SAT. But both of them are serving tuition grant bond.

Almost exactly the same institute to an outsider like me, but so much difference in terms of EP eligibility.

Also, these foreign graduates will most likely be getting "EP eligibility letter" , but I'm wondering what is the actual use of this "EP eligibility letter" when you still need that high of a salary to qualify for EP after you graduated from ISS of NUS.
how did you add the EP Eligibility Letter in SAT? I just tried the same SAT and could not find a place to indicate about the EP Eligibility letter?