Singapore Expats

Social Visit Pass to Singapore when a valid IPA exists

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
qna_ep

Social Visit Pass to Singapore when a valid IPA exists

Post by qna_ep » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 6:51 pm

Hello Everyone

I recently quit my job and have received the IPA for new job. My current company (that I have quit) is asking me to exit Singapore and return back to India. I will have to travel back to Singapore once I complete my notice period and exit formalities so that I can join the new firm. My notice period is 3 months.

While I have the new IPA issued can I travel to Singapore in visit visa or social visit pass? Given the notice period is 3 months and my family being here I may need to travel

The current company is not ready to let me do exit here neither ready to reduce notice period. I have tried that option.

Pls advise if one can travel to Singapore on social visit pass while having a Valid IPA issued in their name

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Social Visit Pass to Singapore when a valid IPA exists

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 7:36 pm

Why is your current company requesting you return to India if you are still serving 3 months notice? If you are on an EP there is no requirement for you to return to India if you already have an IPA in hand for the new company. If you have a notice period of 3 months, then are you saying that they don't want you in Singapore while you are on your 3 months notice? You are getting paid your notice? Or are you, negotiating to give your notice without pay by exiting the Country for 3 months? You post is not clear on this issue at all. Please clarify did you resign or did you get released?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

qna_ep

Post by qna_ep » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 11:46 pm

I have resigned from my current company. The current company had me here on secondment and requires me to return to base branch, India and serve my notice there.

My question is if I am required to come to Singapore while serving my notice of 3 months, can I come on social visit pass? Will it be a issue to get the visit visa given I have a valid IPA in my name ( from the new employer)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:35 am

As long as you have money it shouldn't be any problem. What I don't understand is why your parent company would allow you to return to Singapore on an SVP is you are going to serve your notice in India. Something just isn't correct. However, no concern of mine. The IPA will not be finalized until you go to the MOM to get it done.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

qna_ep

Post by qna_ep » Thu, 08 Aug 2019 7:29 am

My current company will not ask me to return to Singapore. Given my family is here I would like to come and visit them and hence the social visit pass