Singapore Expats

Walk-in/Sitting bathtub for HDB?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
jen1985

Walk-in/Sitting bathtub for HDB?

Post by jen1985 » Sun, 04 Sep 2016 3:27 pm

Anyone knows where i can get those bathtubs where there is a door to enter, so it's easier for elderly to access? My mother wants a bathtub to relax in but i'm worried she will have difficulties getting in and out of the normal bathtubs.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions please let me know! :) :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Walk-in/Sitting bathtub for HDB?

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 3:55 am

Those walk in tubs are designed to convert a tub to a shower without having to remove the tub. A door is cut into the existing tub for easy entrance and exit but it is not designed to be filled up with water.

jen1985

Post by jen1985 » Tue, 13 Sep 2016 9:29 am

Sorry Strong Eagle, that's not really what i mean. I don't have any bathtub right now at all, so there's nothing to convert.

You can just open the door and walk into the bathtub. And you can sit inside and fill up the water, which will be good for my mom cos she finds it hard to get up from lying down in the bathtub.

Managed to find supplier this on google, but i'm looking for more a few more options as well, so if anyone can recommend or has experience with buying this, please let me know!!

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 4:18 pm

jen1985 wrote:Sorry Strong Eagle, that's not really what i mean. I don't have any bathtub right now at all, so there's nothing to convert.

You can just open the door and walk into the bathtub. And you can sit inside and fill up the water, which will be good for my mom cos she finds it hard to get up from lying down in the bathtub.

Managed to find supplier this on google, but i'm looking for more a few more options as well, so if anyone can recommend or has experience with buying this, please let me know!!

hi Jen1985,

I am also looking for one for my parents too.

Did you manage to get one for your mom?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards