Singapore Expats

Travelling on different passport from EP

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Travelling on different passport from EP

Post by bgd » Fri, 03 Oct 2014 5:21 pm

I'm sure we have covered this but I can't find it.

I need to renew my passport at rather short notice. I have a second passport which doesn't match my EP. What sort of issues, if any, am I likely to encounter if I travel on this second passport?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Travelling on different passport from EP

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 03 Oct 2014 6:34 pm

bgd wrote:I'm sure we have covered this but I can't find it.

I need to renew my passport at rather short notice. I have a second passport which doesn't match my EP. What sort of issues, if any, am I likely to encounter if I travel on this second passport?
as long as you update ICA and don't use the auto gates, no issues, as I see.

the ICA officer will scan your EP card ans verify, in case the internal updates haven't been completed.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Oct 2014 8:13 pm

Travel with both the expired and new passports on the chances that ICA isn't updated otherwise you could have some problems coming back in. Nothing critical, but just time consuming and generally a bit of a pain that could have been forestalled had both passports been together.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ludwig12

Re: Travelling on different passport from EP

Post by ludwig12 » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 10:47 am

bgd wrote:I'm sure we have covered this but I can't find it.

I renewed my passport in home country in June and came back with the new passport (not the one registered with EP), I updated new passport with MOM upon return. No problem. It was actually a lot easier comparing to updating my details with banks. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 12:43 pm

Carrying both until you update your particulars with ICA is still the best option.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 3:36 pm

ICA at Tuas reckon I can't travel until the passport is renewed - asked them on my way over to Malaysia (haven't sent the passport off yet). I'll call tomorrow and get another opinion. I suspect the problem is the different nationality on my PEP.

I have to return the passport for renewal so can't carry both passports.

Didn't really want to go to Phuket anyway. :cry: